• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Universal" Mario Discussion Thread (Mario the 2023 animated film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but it could still scale to his power-up forms

He does get hit, but he was pretty far away from the explosion, so I'm not sure how good of a dura feat it would actually be

Though Mario temporarily resisting the pull of the warp pipe seems like a pretty good LS feat, the pull was strong enough to drag Bowser's castle/island into it and Mario does that in base

Oh also, while in base we see him crashing through walls and getting beat by DK, but he never displays 9-B AP feats in this form, he only does so when powered up. So would he just be 10-B in base??

Oh also, while in base we see him crashing through walls and getting beat by DK, but he never displays 9-B AP feats in this form, he only does so when powered up. So would he just be 10-B in base??
He still has solid 9-B durability. Mario gets ragdolled by Bowser pretty consistently in the final fight and was thrown through a brick wall. Not sure what tier Bowser’s army is, but he can beat them pretty casually in base

It should be noted Bowser survived the destruction of his castle island when Mario and Luigi stomped on him. Possible 8-B to 8-A Bowser?

Yeah, but it could still scale to his power-up forms

He does get hit, but he was pretty far away from the explosion, so I'm not sure how good of a dura feat it would actually be

Though Mario temporarily resisting the pull of the warp pipe seems like a pretty good LS feat, the pull was strong enough to drag Bowser's castle/island into it and Mario does that in base
Math time?
The farther the character is from the epicenter, the lower the minimum durability is required to survive the hit.

Movie was good! Loved all the little references, they somehow packed it full of em without being obnoxious about it.

I think Base Mario is a stone wall. He can take a beating but couldn't harm DK without a power up.

I think Mario is 9-C in base (with 9-B/9-A durability), 9-B/9-A with most powerups, and probably low Tier 8 with the star.

He still has solid 9-B durability. Mario gets ragdolled by Bowser pretty consistently in the final fight and was thrown through a brick wall. Not sure what tier Bowser’s army is, but he can beat them pretty casually in base
That's what I was entailing, 10-B AP with 9-B dura due to crashing through walls and getting beat by DK and Bowser while in base.

Psychic says he might have 9-C AP while in base but I don't recall him doing 9-C stuff in that form. Then again it's been a few days since I've watched the movie.

Should the Star scale above the gigantic bullet bill or no? It was brought up earlier but Bowser considers it the most powerful item in his arsenal and didn’t attempt to invade the Mushroom Kingdom without it.

If so, it could bring some high results. Bowser would downscale as he can’t harm the Bros w/Star at all, but he did take a beating from them and while definitely hurt at the end, definitely got over it/tanked those hits pretty easily. I feel like if this is agreed on, we should calc the bullet bill explosion fairly quickly.

Should the Star scale above the gigantic bullet bill or no? It was brought up earlier but Bowser considers it the most powerful item in his arsenal and didn’t attempt to invade the Mushroom Kingdom without it.

If so, it could bring some high results. Bowser would downscale as he can’t harm the Bros w/Star at all, but he did take a beating from them and while definitely hurt at the end, definitely got over it/tanked those hits pretty easily. I feel like if this is agreed on, we should calc the bullet bill explosion fairly quickly.
I don't really think the gigantic bullet bill is calculable, and also, nobody would even scale to that

I'd say probably not unless proven it does scale above the bullet bill's explosion
I mean I’d be hesitant to scale it above too but it’s considered to be the most powerful item in Bowser’s arsenal and the movie itself. Bowser didn’t invade the Mushroom Kingdom until he had it and didn’t feel confident nor competent as a villain or to rizz up peach lol until he had it.

“I finally found it! The Superstar! Now who’s gonna stop me!”

I mean I’d be hesitant to scale it above too but it’s considered to be the most powerful item in Bowser’s arsenal and the movie itself. Bowser didn’t invade the Mushroom Kingdom until he had it and didn’t feel confident nor competent as a villain or to rizz up peach lol until he had it.

^^^

There is one non-spoilery feat.

That Bowser melting a tower down feat at the trailer.

Anyone already made a calc blog? Or I need to do this myself?

This of course.

I think the most potential for calcs for the movie probably come from the bros in star mode cracking the stone of bowser's castle in the final fight, bowser melting down the castle, and some values could potentially be gained from the bullet bill scaling to the stars maybe? I'm not sure though as it generally seems impossible to calc with the nature of the explosion.

7-8 out of 10 for me.

The movie felt like it was speenrunning its own story which created issues. But I really like some aspects of the movie. Hope whatever sequel or spin-off they make will expand more of the characters they wanna tell.

I’d probably give it a 5.5/10. I think the movie kinda sucked hard in its first 20 minutes but picks up by the training montage and starts to get actually really fun from the first DK scene onwards. Very flawed all throughout though, but it’s fun at least.

Base Mario could pull himself up with his hands at the edge of a platform. His own weight (claimed by MatPat to weigh 198 lbs or 89.8113 kg (above average human)) should actually be his minimum lifting strength.
LS of (base) Mario >= mass of Mario
ygEt12l.jpg

Mario can hold up a Cheep Cheep, but needs to combine the force of Peach with his own to pull off from the biting force of it.
LS of (base) Mario >= mass of Cheep Cheep
LS of bite force of Cheep Cheep = combined LS of Mario and Peach ~= 2 times the LS of Mario
KCBYpPe.jpg

(I would like to see if anyone want to help find about the mass of a real size fish that looks round and similar to Cheep Cheep - or just the mass of Cheep Cheep.)

Kamek can lift a group of penguins with his telekinesis.
LS of Kamek with telekinesis >= the combined mass of all the "penguins"
Likely LA of base Bowser ~= LS of Kamek with telekinesis
kbagDnZ.jpg

Bowser totally tears down this portion of a tower with his attack.
act4jfE.jpg

Should the bones of Koopa Troopers/Dry bones scale to bowser, as one could tank a direct attack from him without damage to his bones? something like [usual tier], [whatever bowser is gonna get tier wise) with bones (Can take direct hits from Bowser's fire breath without being damaged)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back