• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Universal" Mario Discussion Thread (Mario the 2023 animated film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the movie today and man I loved it! My only two big complaints is that it was too short imo and the pacing was a little weird, so that's why I think it's an 8.5 or 9/10, and don't think it can be a 10/10. But I still enjoyed it greatly!

Last edited:
As for a few scaling bits, here's what I think:

Power Star (stated to be the most powerful thing Bowser has) > Bomber Bill (whatever this could yield)

Bowser's durability (can withstand several blows from the star bros, but is heavily damaged by them) < Starman Mario and Luigi (they absorbed the power of the Power Star, duh) = Power Star

Bowser's Striking Strength (overpowered him quite easily) > Donkey Kong

Cat Suit Mario ~ Donkey Kong

Bowser's fire breath is interesting. It's treated as this incredibly powerful attack that the characters try their best to avoid, which implies that it's above anything he can physically do (as the characters can survive his physical attacks, but are always afraid of his Fire Breath. But then Luigi (with a manhole cover) stops the fire breath. This is meant to be a feat because as seen in the very scene, Luigi is being slowly pushed back by the fire breath, showing us that the attack does have a physical force to it and isn't just a heat based attack. While the manhole cover is protecting Mario and Luigi from the heat and the flames itself, Luigi would still be receiving the force of the attack, which means his dura does scale to an extent (as he suffered no injuries from the force of the blast breath), and since Luigi is able to push back against it, then his LS would likely scale as well (not sure if this would translate to AP). If the characters were to scale to Luigi's durability, then the characters would scale to the physical force of the fire breath.

I think the main reason the fire breath might be treated as a very dangerous attack is because of three things: 1) The Flames; 2) The Heat; and 3) The force behind it. Since Luigi was able to use the manhole cover to block 1 and 2, all that was left for him to do was contend against 3. So I think it's fine for characters to scale to the force of the breath, but only that. Or we treat this as an outlier.

Base Mario is a Stone Wall, can barely dish out anything (except when he jumps on an enemy), but can take a beating.

aYbNg5UVEwqZ.jpg

AtP4ekbS2aQH.jpg

m28EUF8MDlSQ.jpg

Apparently Mario Is 3.6 feet with the wrench scaling. But ehhh this is rough scaling, probably inconsistent.
Likely the Mario universe characters just uses a far bigger wrench.

Also, Mario is likely having a far bigger head to body ratio.

5'1"/1.5494 m and 89.8113 kg Mario seems fair. (Height is official data. Masses are estimates by MatPat, based on Mario Kart.)

Likely, the Mario universe characters just use a far bigger wrench.

Also, Mario is likely having a far bigger head to body ratio.

5'1"/1.5494 m and 89.8113 kg Mario seems fair. (Height is official data. Masses are estimates by MatPat, based on Mario Kart.)
Okay, but the characters' height differences in the movie are different than the games
3cf.jpg

4utsbvbmjl871.jpg
The most notable size difference is Mario, the koopas, and Bowsers. The other ones don't really matter.

finally got around to watching it after 5 days of waiting

I see why people had issues with the plot, was pretty barebones and the pacing was odd

but I did love the references and a few of the other scenes, especially intrigued by the post-credits one

all in all, 7.8/10, mostly cuz of personal bias

Finding the size of the mushroom kingdom is gonna be stinky.
It's simple. First scale bowser to the size of the penguins, then scale the penguins to the door that they walk out of. Then scale the door to the rest of the ice castle, then scale IT to size of the castle in this wideshot.
6D8pyoAlm5fB.jpg

Then scale the size of the mushroom kingdom to bowsers base in the map.
T3UOecvnswJY.png

Now that I'm looking at it probably 7-B

It's simple. First scale bowser to the size of the penguins, then scale the penguins to the door that they walk out of. Then scale the door to the rest of the ice castle, then scale IT to size of the castle in this wideshot.
6D8pyoAlm5fB.jpg

Then scale the size of the mushroom kingdom to bowsers base in the map.
T3UOecvnswJY.png

Now that I'm looking at it probably 7-B
Just gave it a shot and
Not even, it's only 7-C

I won't be surprised if Bowser burning down that ice castle gets even higher results than this if it gets calced

You sure that map is 100% to scale?

I have a feeling the kingdom is way larger than that small ice castle and the flying fortress.

Last edited:
He only said none of the other Kingdoms would be able to stop after he obtained it, which by itself wouldn't scale a Super Star Bowser to the country busting bomb because none of the other kingdoms even had the bomb.

A statement of being "unstoppable" is also too vague to apply to anything other than durability by itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the fact he thought they could still beat him even with his country busting Bomb but didn't think they could do so with the star, kinda implies it's stronger

Not really, that's headcanon. Bowser using the Bomber Bill to nuke Peach into oblivion goes against his initial plan, which was to marry her. He spent like the first 70% of the movie simping for her, and only launched the Bomber Bill as a desperate last resort. It's clear his original plan didn't involve killing everyone with the Bomber Bill.

Statements in the movie only say the Super Star would make the user "unstoppable" and "invincible", but nothing directly says it has the greatest power in the world or anything.

Last edited:
And also, do keep in mind that Mario didn't even really survive the explosion either as he was pretty far from it

Not really, that's headcanon. Bowser using the Bomber Bill to nuke Peach into oblivion goes against his initial plan, which was to marry her. He spent like the first 70% of the movie simping for her, and only launched the Bomber Bill as a desperate last resort. It's clear his original plan didn't involve killing everyone with the Bomber Bill.

Statements in the movie only say the Super Star would make the user "unstoppable" and "invincible", but nothing directly says it has the greatest power in the world or anything.
He calls himself the "Most powerful turtle in the world" only after he gains the power star.

He calls himself the "Most powerful turtle in the world" only after he gains the power star.
The Bomber Bill ain't a turtle so that's whatever 🗿

This statement would only warrant upscaling above all the Koopa Troopas, which is probably redundant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back