• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale questions

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I had a few troubling questions involving this wonderful game, and it's power. If this changes anything, rest assured, this is related to neither of the AD's, Flowey, or a good portion of the cast. Alright. Here it goes. If I'm being rude or if this offends anyone in the slightest, I am deeply sorry. Not that I expect to be, just apologizing in advance. Also, all my knowledge of the game comes from spoilers, so these may be dumb questions to veterans of the game.

1:How is Chara a concept? (For the record, abstract is undeniable, so this isn't about that) I think he's called that because of that whole when you kill it's me thing. I believe what he means is that it's him taking over. Chara clearly has some influence on Frisk throughout the game, speculated to even have influence in the other two routes.

2: Stats for scaling. This is not fair. We don't do that for Pokemon for example, or at least not anymore. And before the whole, the difference in power speech, Undertale is a stronger verse. Multiple characters are stronger than Arceus. It's game mechanics. There's no way that Lesser Dog is as strong as Undyne. (Don't they both have 7?)

3: The whole soul attacks. I hear that it's physical and spiritual from multiple people. Which is it? Is it both? It seems for convenience. If it's the former, how does that affect blue/green/yellow attacks? If it's the latter, how does that affect Knight Knight's thing?

1. Chara is the abstract representation of the will to kill for your own game. Every time anyone ever kills only for something that benefits them, the feeling inside of them is literally Chara.

2. Undertale has two sets of stats. Internal stats and CHECK stats. CHECK stats are supposed to be canon representations of a characters power and have absolutely no influence over how the game plays. The internal stats are more similar to pokemon stats, which are what affect the flow of the battle.

3. It's both. The SOUL in Undertale is the very culmination of one's being, body, mind, and spirit.

Wow, thanks. That greatly helped clear my plate. Now I wanna do something involving UT against Darshe. But first I have to do Composite Link, Samus, and Kirby vs SMG Mario.

If I could do a thumbs up emoji, I would. But anyway, how do you think that battle would turn out? And who could go against Darshe without having the tier 3 DB problem?

Aw. Too bad. They'd do great against eternal atoms. And the nintendo battle? Is it too unfair?

Back