• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Monster Durability nerf (kinda) and Frisk Striking Strength nerf

And before you complain, I've checked the forms, and there is nothing on this. Alright.

So, during undertale, your told that a being with more killing intent does more damage to monsters. Thus, that means that Frisk's attack without large amounts of determination are FAR lower, and the Monsters take more damage when people WANT to kill them. The fact that this has tooken so long to be added is just sad. Honestly, play the game and you'll find people and signs saying this through Snowdin and Waterfall. Essensialy this is Durability Negation for anyone who wants to kill any of the monsters. While this barely affects sans and Flowey, every other monster would be MASSIVELY nerfed by this. And, it means that aside from the very HIGHEST EXP totals, LOVE dosn't actually make Frisk hit harder. It just makes them WANT to kill more, thus they do more damage. While this is only a calculation for beings with powerful souls, I think they mean souls more powerful then monsters in that case. Though this isn't really a nerf if their fighting robots. Honestly, I feel that Undertale's lower tiers are being made more powerful then they are with this. Naturally this dosn't nerf Chara, Photoshop Flowey or Asriel and it barely TOUCHES Pasifist Frisk, it just is somthing that has been avoided whenever it has been brought up, at least whenever I've talked about it. So stop ignoring it. Please. And also, sorry for being a little rude in the "Undyne Nerf" form as well as others.

How it would downgrade monster Durability and Frisk Striking Strength? Frisk dont need LV to kill Monsters they can easily kill asgore with 1 LV without killing intent and Omega Flowey is not a monster the max you can get is a new weakness for monsters

We already conversed about it in the Undyne nerf thread. Considering powerful souls=multiversal objects in Undertale it's not something that can be scaled across multiple media.

Also, killing intent is not determination.

Back