• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale & Durability Negation: Fact, or Fiction?

We still use them

Still use them vs Should use them

We used a lot of things in undertale we shouldn't have. Stats while can be relative to more clear things. Asgore > Everyone others stats.

Adem Warlock69 said:
8 or so hits from the Dummy can kill Frisk,which is the baseline Soul, but Mad Dummy took 80s of soul hits and wasn't killed,so Monsters have Soul Resistance

Mad Dummy has 4 attack but Negative 40 Def, he would have died if he didn't have soul resistance and had a normal soul like Frisk.

Blue Mode is not gravity manipulation and Green mode isn't paralysis inducement. It is soul manipulation which acts like gravity manipulation and Paralysis inducement.
But Def is meant to scale to soul resistance, are you saying that Mad Dummy has worse def than Frisk but higher soul resistance?

Even if all those magic moves did 1 damage point,he would already need a soul above the norm (20 Hp points) to survive all those hits

Okay, Adem, your argument is strictly game mechanics at this point.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Even if all those magic moves did 1 damage point,he would already need a soul above the norm (20 Hp points) to survive all those hits
So he has defense above the norm because he has defense below the norm. And this is meant to prove durability negation?

The Def stat is physical,not spiritual, that's why we use it for Durability, or why Characters that have Def 1 or lower die in a single hit.

He has garbage physical defense, but he can survive lots of soul attacking moves, so Soul Resistance.

And this is for Soul manipulation Resistance not Durability negation.

Aren't monsters has Soul manipulation Resistance because their bodies are made of magic that makes their bodies and their souls inseparable and for this the souls of monsters are destroyed with their bodies

That's a small picture.

Not sure how it's relevant at all here.

DarkLordofShadows said:
Try opening it.
I have, still not seeing how it's relevant.

"See that heart. That is your SOUL, The very culmination of your being."

I assume cause flowey acknowledges it as your soul and being. Separate to their body. I would maybe think? Not sure.

It absolutely does not even remotely imply a degree of separation. If anything, "culmination of your being" more directly implies the soul being connected to your body, or 'being'.

That's just what i think they meant with that picture. Not certain.

Regardless, I currently think it's they do pull out your "SOUL" but can not harm it as well as they an harm your body. It would explain a few things.

Undyne, Sans, Papyrus, Alphys, Mad Mew Mew and maybe Muffet must have soul manipulation via SOUL Modes

And maybe Mettaton because he controls his soul to use it in some attacks

Can all of you talking about things that aren't Durability Negation take it to another thread?

Agreed.

Can the changes be applied?

Seems to be so, plus an overwhelming amount of blues.

Back