• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Thinking on it, the idea of it being about Dess is strange.

Undyne at one point refers to Kris saying "Oh, it's just Asgore's kid", for whatever that's worth. Would that be how she'd refer to him if he was a shameful predecessor?

& there's Rudy's dialogue:

Oh hey... now that Asriel's off to college... Y'think he's doing any CRAZY parties, like me and your dad? Heh, I'm just pulling your leg. Your dad was no party animal. Your MOTHER on the other hand...! Whoo! She'd alway fuss about going, but once the party started... Yikes, man! Once she hit me clear across the room with a key lime pie! I got smashed into the snack table and toppled everything! Tasty pie though. Couldn't complain. After all, me and Asgore were college pals, right?

He talks about Asgore & himself fondly. Rudy seems to care deeply for Noelle & is deeply unhappy he can't leave the hospital to care for her more. Surely he'd care for his other daughter, Dess, the same way, right?
He knows Noelle cares for Dess.
So presumably, he'd care for her, too.
So surely Rudy isn't happy that Dess is missing, right?

Yet he talks about Asgore & himself fondly.
As far as I can tell, the worst he says on the matter is "me and Asgore were college pals, right?", which could be interpreted as him saying they weren't/aren't "pals" after college. But that seems unlikely, no?

Surely even while bedridden, he would know about it, no?

Last edited:
Interesting point of timeline:

The writing style implies this was a young Noelle, & what it says indicates Dess was around back then for that.
It's seemingly before she wrote her Holiday Girl 1225 blog.

But Dess's disappeance was recent enough when Noelle was notably smaller (Based on the sprite sizes) as seen with the spelling bee flashback that being asked to spell for a spelling bee the word "December", she froze up.

Surely the spelling bee was at least least 2 years ago?
& if so, no way a dad, even one bedridden in a hospital, goes that long without learning the dark secret of the town of his daughter Dess's disappearance, right...?

(Sorry for doing so many posts all at once.)

Checking elsewhere (I don't wanna try to find the footage of someone checking the papers on the wall.), it's something like this:

(You skimmed a news article about Undyne.)
New Police Chief Undyne's Explosive Debut ... passionate young rookie... becomes the new police chief.
Though energetic, it may be hard to live up to the legacy...
... after Asgore Dreemurr was removed from the force...
(... there's no need to read any more.)

That should be the in-game text, more or less.
Beyond that, a lot of people do suspect it involves Dess.

Though it's strange, because the article implies Asgore left the force while still having a good reputation, suggesting why he left didn't seem like a bad mark to most others, or at least, to whoever wrote the articles.

So it would seemingly have to be something that he, &/or Toriel would be upset about; We don't know his own stance, nor exactly why Toriel's upset with him.
Find it funny how you cant read more of it, either because kris doesnt want you to continue reading, or because meta reasons..

Interesting point of timeline:

The writing style implies this was a young Noelle, & what it says indicates Dess was around back then for that.
It's seemingly before she wrote her Holiday Girl 1225 blog.

But Dess's disappeance was recent enough when Noelle was notably smaller (Based on the sprite sizes) as seen with the spelling bee flashback that being asked to spell for a spelling bee the word "December", she froze up.

Surely the spelling bee was at least least 2 years ago?
& if so, no way a dad, even one bedridden in a hospital, goes that long without learning the dark secret of the town of his daughter Dess's disappearance, right...?

(Sorry for doing so many posts all at once.)
Considering nobody seems to remember dess, and the implications of a deeper, darker worlds? What if she somehow manage to Decend TOO far?

Considering nobody seems to remember dess, and the implications of a deeper, darker worlds? What if she somehow manage to Decend TOO far?
Noelle definitely remembers Dess. She acts like Kris does.

"L-like when you told me ICE-E was real and eats kids... So Dess smacked you with a wiffle bat 'til you stopped lying."

As does Rudy.

"That angel? Noelle n' Dess made it in youth group."
But that's just family.

(While checking footage, noted that apparently Asgore gave Rudy flowers. They're in a glass dome. Allergy concerns? Some kind of respiratory issues? But otherwise, it may indicate they're on good terms, or not as worse as Toriel & Asgore, who trashes his flowers. Maybe Rudy just lacks the physical strength or emotional heart to do so? He does say he used up a lot of his energy when being talked to after Noelle's visit)

Also, I swear to goodness, I checked like 3 "visiting Rudy in the hospital videos" & 4 Longplays AND I CAN'T FIND ANYONE CHECKING THE DANG DOLL. (Mind it has to be with Susie present.)

But supposedly, there's this dialogue.

That angel?
Noelle n' Dess made it in youth group.
It's kind of like a good luck charm to me now.
Oh, right, you and Azzy tried to make one too...
But you wasted the whole time making huge wings for it!
(It's an angel doll.)
(Its lack of facial features is unsettling.)
... so why do you collect creepy dolls?
Hey, Noelle and her sister made that. Respect it!
(Noelle's sister...)

BUT OF COURSE EVERYONE CHECKS THE DANG SINK.
Shouldn't be "everything but the kitchen sink", it ought to be EVERYTHING BUT THE ANGEL DOLL!

....Sorry, sorry.

What brought my attention it was this from Dess's DR Wiki page:
If Kris inspects the angel doll in Rudy's hospital room, Susie begins to tease Rudy for keeping it, until she hears that Noelle made it with her sister. Susie is visibly perturbed at the mention of Dess and opts not to say anything more on the subject.

Last edited:

FOUND IT
4:49:09 in that video.

Curious of Rudy to say "Noelle and her sister".
Is it because Susie doesn't know of Dess & Rudy knows/presumes that?

Surely he isn't starting to forget Dess, right?

Susie's reaction is also curious, too. Was she not aware Noelle has/had a sister?
I guess this is in Pacifist Route, where Susie doesn't go into Noelle's Dark World bedroom that Queen made for Noelle, right?
Whereas in Snowgrave, she does go into it, but I don't recall if nor why Susie doesn't go to the hospital with Kris in that route.

Back