• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Uncompositing the Dragon Ball Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh if you're just referring to Whis saying Beerus did it, I already responded to that. Beerus' actions were caused by Trunks.
Makes no difference, the action is what caused it and only the action alone.
What Whis said doesn't contradict what I said, because the causal chain for that event is ultimately traced back to Trunks changing the past, in keeping with the function described by the manga.
Why does Whis only blame Beerus for this split and not Trunks? In fact why do neither Beerus nor Whis blame Trunks for this, nor do they mention this “causal chain” that you speak of? I’ll tell you why. Because it’s garbage headcanon you made up to ignore the obvious. That’s why neither the anime nor the manga support this ”causal chain” nonsense.
That is why you avoided my question about whether Beerus would've done it without Trunks time travelling.
Which question? Beerus wouldn’t have known that Zamasu was up to no good, unless someone told him. That‘s your argument? Beerus wouldn’t do it because he wouldn’t want to interfere and cause further time shenanigans (which Whis called him out on) and we find proof of that in Goku Black’s timeline, which was created by time travel as well, but Zamasu was successful there. Signfying that time traveling was never the reason for Beerus’s action nor the only way for new timelines to be formed.

Makes no difference, the action is what caused it and only the action alone.
Actions are not the beginning of their own causal chain. Actions are caused by other things. In this case, Beerus' action was the end result of a sequence of events that began with Trunks time traveling. It's exactly as Jaco said.

Which question? Beerus wouldn’t have known that Zamasu was up to no good, unless someone told him. That‘s your argument?
Beerus would not have killed Zamasu if Trunks didn't time travel. If you agree with that, you are agreeing that Trunks time travel was responsible.

Actions are not the beginning of their own causal chain.
Who cares? What is this causal chain that you keep speaking of? What relevance does it have to the show, can you show it?
Actions are caused by other things. In this case, Beerus' action was the end result of a sequence of events that began with Trunks time traveling. It's exactly as Jaco said.
Then according to Jaco’s statement, Zamasu shouldn’t have been successful in Goku Black’s timeline since the time travel occurring there should’ve caused Beerus to kill Zamasu there according to your “causal chain” headcanon, but that doesn’t happen. That alone proves that your “causal chain” argument is a load of bologna and the ONLY relevance Trunks has here is causing Beerus to investigate Zamasu and learn that he’s up to no good, not because he was the start of some causal chain or whatever your headcanon is
Beerus would not have killed Zamasu if Trunks didn't time travel. If you agree with that, you are agreeing that Trunks time travel was responsible.
Once again you’ve ignored 80% of my comment and also ignored another important point I made (for the 4th or so time with this one). Trunks’ only relevance is that it made Beerus want to investigate this matter, that’s all. If time travel is what caused Beerus’s action, Goku Black’s timeline shouldn’t have turned out the way it did. And if you’re going to now make the argument that Trunks himself specifically traveling to the past is what caused this “causal chain” then you’re beyond recovery at this point, you’re literally reaching so far out to twist something as simple as Trunk’s situation making Beerus investigate Zamasu, simply because you can’t stomach the fact that a large number of timelines exist and said timelines aren’t necessarily created by time travel.
Also Occam’s Razor applies here as well, your causal chain argument is far, far, far, far from simple (it’s probably the most convoluted headcanon I’ve seen), while mine is the absolute simplest explanation stemming directly from what Whis stated. I’ll say it again, learn to admit when you’re wrong Deagon.

vePYr.jpg

Deagon when he’s asked to solved ”2+1”^^

Who cares? What is this causal chain that you keep speaking of?
You are claiming that Beerus' actions caused the creation of a new timeline. This is a causal chain. Your assertion that it begins with Beerus does not work, because Beerus own actions were caused by Trunks time traveling to the past. It's not logical to say the timeline broke off "natural" instead of it being the result of time traveling to the past when it was the direct result of Trunks time traveling to the past.
Then according to Jaco’s statement, Zamasu shouldn’t have been successful in Goku Black’s timeline since the time travel occurring there should’ve caused Beerus to kill Zamasu there according to your “causal chain” headcanon, but that doesn’t happen
Why would Goku Black's time travel result in that?
Trunks’ only relevance is that it made Beerus want to investigate this matter, that’s all.
Which resulted in him killing Zamasu.
If time travel is what caused Beerus’s action, Goku Black’s timeline shouldn’t have turned out the way it did. And if you’re going to now make the argument that Trunks himself specifically traveling to the past is what caused this “causal chain” then you’re beyond recovery at this point,
I'm sorry. Let me clarify this for a moment. At some point in this discussion were you under the impression that my argument was that the simple act of time travel itself was what caused Beerus to kill Zamasu? Like, any type of time travel from any person? You thought I meant time travel at all rather than me specifically referring to Trunk's trip and warning about Goku Black?

vePYr.jpg

Ok enough, this thread is 6 pages long, drop the useless snark remarks this instant

This is also for all people in this thread, stop it, it is not helping, it isn't productive and it does nothing but get things heated for no reason

You are claiming that Beerus' actions caused the creation of a new timeline. This is a causal chain. Your assertion that it begins with Beerus does not work, because Beerus own actions were caused by Trunks time traveling to the past. It's not logical to say the timeline broke off "natural" instead of it being the result of time traveling to the past when it was the direct result of Trunks time traveling to the past.

Why would Goku Black's time travel result in that?

Which resulted in him killing Zamasu.

I'm sorry. Let me clarify this for a moment. At some point in this discussion were you under the impression that my argument was that the simple act of time travel itself was what caused Beerus to kill Zamasu? Like, any type of time travel from any person? You thought I meant time travel at all rather than me specifically referring to Trunk's trip and warning about Goku Black?
While I have a response to this, it’s just gonna keep going in circles. This needs a staff-only thread. There’s no other way to resolve this. You aren’t gonna stop stonewalling, I know for sure

This issue appears to have already been resolved. I don't see why we would make a new thread. But regardless it seems you entirely misunderstood my argument.

This issue appears to have already been resolved. I don't see why we would make a new thread. But regardless it seems you entirely misunderstood my argument.
No, I just wanted to confirm if your argument was actually as bad as I feared it is, and it was. Nothing has even resolved, this needs an entirely new CRT because 1.) It’s unrelated to this thread and 2.) This is going in circles

I just wanted to confirm if your argument was actually as bad as I feared it is, and it was.
What exactly is bad about the argument that Trunks trip to the past, warning everyone about Zamasu, was what led to Beerus killing Zamasu? He literally did that to attempt to prevent the future Trunks warned them about. If Trunks hadn't done that, there wouldn't be a new timeline.

No, I just wanted to confirm if your argument was actually as bad as I feared it is, and it was. Nothing has even resolved, this needs an entirely new CRT because 1.) It’s unrelated to this thread and 2.) This is going in circles
bro said the argument is bad without explaining why its bad

Shin appearing with a time ring, proving that there are more time rings in universe 7
How did we determine that this isn't one of the rings from the box?

In addition, it is proven by databook means that each Kaioshin has time rings.
Is it rings for distinct timelines or do they each just get a set for the same timelines as the box Gowasu had? How was that conclusion reached?

In fact, Geral is getting confused with Frieza's hell, he is over hell itself, in the beginning it shows that, all the mountains of hell, Ema created his own little place for our beloved villain Frieza.

For those who have never seen Dragon Ball's hell structures

How did we determine that this isn't one of the rings from the box?

Is it rings for distinct timelines or do they each just get a set for the same timelines as the box Gowasu had? How was that conclusion reached?
The databook itself answers your question, where everyone is equipped with time rings and potara earrings, each Universe has its own time ring, if not how would they look at their own past, present, and future? Kind of obvious, isn't it? lol

Are all twelve Time Rings representative of twelve different variations of the main history, or are they representative of the singular history they all live in?

Tone it down. This is an official warning.
Over judging a quality of one's argument?

Is this seriously grounds for an official warning? I'm scared that we got to the point where even something as tame as considering an argument bad is enough for one to get in trouble here. I don't even agree with MeiouHades, but that seems a little overboard imo

Is this seriously grounds for an official warning? I'm scared that we got to the point where even something as tame as considering an argument bad is enough for one to get in trouble here. I don't even agree with MeiouHades, but that seems a little overboard imo

Deagon I hate to say this but your credibility is lower than Yamcha‘s power level

Because it’s garbage headcanon you made up to ignore the obvious

traveling to the past is what caused this “causal chain” then you’re beyond recovery at this point,

(it’s probably the most convoluted headcanon I’ve seen), while mine is the absolute simplest explanation stemming directly from what Whis stated. I’ll say it again, learn to admit when you’re wrong Deagon
vePYr.jpg

No, not just that he kept on taunting him looking for a reaction out of him.

I responded to that specific comment because that was the last one made, but Pain already summarized the whole thing.

There are way more timelines than just the time rings in that box. That much becomes clear when you remember that Goku Black came from his own timeline, then went into another timeline to switch bodies with Goku, and then was stated to search multiple alternate timelines in order to find one without a God of Destruction, eventually finding Future Trunks' and settling there.

NOT TO MENTION the other timeline that Whis would have transported Mai and Trunks to at the end of the arc

Deagon, your argument doesn't hold up

There are way more timelines than just the time rings in that box. That much becomes clear when you remember that Goku Black came from his own timeline, then went into another timeline to switch bodies with Goku, and then was stated to search multiple alternate timelines in order to find one without a God of Destruction, eventually finding Future Trunks' and settling there.
  1. History 1 is the main world.
  2. History 2 is Future Trunks's world.
  3. History 3 is the alt. History 2 in which Cell originates.
  4. History 4 is the alt. History 3 in which Future Trunks acquires the blueprints to deactivate the Androids.
  5. History 5 is the alt. History 2 in which Beerus never destroys Zamasu.
Checks out.
NOT TO MENTION the other timeline that Whis would have transported Mai and Trunks to at the end of the arc
Which later appears as its own Time Ring at the end of the story arc.

In fact, Geral is getting confused with Frieza's hell, he is over hell itself, in the beginning it shows that, all the mountains of hell, Ema created his own little place for our beloved villain Frieza.

For those who have never seen Dragon Ball's hell structures

This is still extremely different from how hell looks in Toei/GT

4. History 4 is the alt. History 3 in which Future Trunks acquires the blueprints to deactivate the Androids.
Checks out.

Which later appears as its own Time Ring at the end of the story arc.
Also in the super Manga the frist green one comes from Universe 12's time machine

The databook itself answers your question, where everyone is equipped with time rings and potara earrings, each Universe has its own time ring, if not how would they look at their own past, present, and future? Kind of obvious, isn't it? lol
Sure, but we know that the time rings function for the entire multiverse (Zamasu used the time rings from Universe 10 to timeline hop in Universe 7). I think it's unlikely that Gowasu and Zamasu had access to the only set of rings in existence for those timelines. I think the most likely explanation is that each set of gods has their own box.

We know that Gowasu was surprised to see an additional timeline in the box at a total number of four. If it were the case that timelines were randomly and constantly popping into existence (rather than as the result of time travelling to the past and creating a paradox, such as when Trunks caused Beerus to kill Zamasu) then this would not have been a surprise to him. He even says that time travel was forbidden because it creates branching timelines.

rACWjAL.png

Those timelines are all accounted for in the canon continuity, and all were the result of someone using a time machine to travel to the past and create a paradox. There's no room for GT or the movies, as they weren't created by travelling to the past and they exceed the finite number of timelines we know to exist. We needn't assume that they share a cosmology. It seems as though this has been accepted, as there's no objection to Lephyr's compromise that we would include things that were known to be written by Toriyama.

This thread wasn't for tiering changes, just to establish the lack of a shared cosmology (or lack of sufficient evidence to draw that conclusion.)

1. Timeline 1 is Cell's world, where Future Trunks was sent back in time by Bulma, came back, and got killed in his celebratory trip back.
2. Timeline 2 was created when Universe 12 sent someone back in time
rACWjAL.png

3. Timeline 3 was created when dead Future Trunks was sent to warn Goku about the heart virus
4. Timeline 4 was created when Cell from timeline 1 entered a different time period in the time machine than his own Future Trunks would have, severing the link between timelines and returning to his larva state and burrowing himself to grow.
This is the main canon timeline, the one we follow in the show.

Since Trunks still ends up appearing in Timeline 4, then that means he came from yet another timeline since he doesn't fit in any of the ones listed thus far.
5. Timeline 5: The canon Future Trunks timeline.

Only now do we even get to Super. And keep in mind, every single one of the timelines listed thus far should have alternate timelines due to how MWI works, but i'm not gonna delve into them since it's already confusing enough.

6. Timeline 6: The timeline where Goku Black originates from, stealing Goku's body
7. Timeline 7: The timeline created by Beerus killing Zamasu
8. Timeline 8: The timeline Whis brings Future Trunks and Mai into, identical to the canon timeline (Timeline 4)
9. Timeline 9: The existence of Timeline 4 entails the existence of Timeline 1 due to Cell, therefore the existence of Timeline 8 entails the existence of Timeline 9.
10. Timeline 10: The existence of Cell in Timeline 9 entails the existence of his own dead Future Trunks, which entails the existence of a copy of Timeline 3.

There aren't that many timelines.

At the beginning of the Black arc there were 5 rings in the box: the main timeline (the timeline they were in) and 4 alts. Then a new timeline was created as a result of Trunks going to Black's past (which led to Beerus killing Zamasu). Then yet another one was created to replace Trunks's timeline that was destroyed (in the manga, it showed that time ring being destroyed when the timeline was destroyed).
  1. Alternate timeline created by U12 (only mentioned in the manga). This timeline exists but is completely irrelevant to the story aside from being the reason why there are rules against time travel to the past (which creates paradoxes and alternate timelines).

2. Original timeline of DB (this is where Cell came from and where Trunks was killed by Cell).

3. Timeline created by the Trunks that was killed by Cell. We have never seen this timeline but we know it exists because he went home and got killed by Cell because he had never heard of Cell. But we know he got enough information in the past to deactivate his androids, or maybe he got strong enough to defeat them. That timeline he created is incompatible with the main timeline of the story where Cell appeared.

4. Timeline created by Cell - this is the main timeline of the story from the time Trunks gives Goku the heart medicine (with Cell already there, unbeknownst to anyone) up until the Black arc. It's also the timeline Black comes from.

5. New timeline created by Trunks when he went home after fighting Cell. This is incompatible with the original timeline where he was killed by Cell. We call this the Future Trunks timeline, but it's the 2nd version of it.

6. New timeline created when Trunks interfered with Black's past leading to the death of Zamasu. Since the Black arc, this is the main timeline of the story.

7. New timeline created by going to Trunks's timeline before it was destroyed. This replaced 5, which no longer exists.
These are all of the timelines in the canon series, and each corresponds to the rings. The main story of DB shifts from 2, to 4, to 6.

There aren't that many timelines.

At the beginning of the Black arc there were 5 rings in the box: the main timeline (the timeline they were in) and 4 alts. Then a new timeline was created as a result of Trunks going to Black's past (which led to Beerus killing Zamasu). Then yet another one was created to replace Trunks's timeline that was destroyed (in the manga, it showed that time ring being destroyed when the timeline was destroyed).
  1. Alternate timeline created by U12 (only mentioned in the manga). This timeline exists but is completely irrelevant to the story aside from being the reason why there are rules against time travel to the past (which creates paradoxes and alternate timelines).

2. Original timeline of DB (this is where Cell came from and where Trunks was killed by Cell).

3. Timeline created by the Trunks that was killed by Cell. We have never seen this timeline but we know it exists because he went home and got killed by Cell because he had never heard of Cell. But we know he got enough information in the past to deactivate his androids, or maybe he got strong enough to defeat them. That timeline he created is incompatible with the main timeline of the story where Cell appeared.

4. Timeline created by Cell - this is the main timeline of the story from the time Trunks gives Goku the heart medicine (with Cell already there, unbeknownst to anyone) up until the Black arc. It's also the timeline Black comes from.

5. New timeline created by Trunks when he went home after fighting Cell. This is incompatible with the original timeline where he was killed by Cell. We call this the Future Trunks timeline, but it's the 2nd version of it.

6. New timeline created when Trunks interfered with Black's past leading to the death of Zamasu. Since the Black arc, this is the main timeline of the story.

7. New timeline created by going to Trunks's timeline before it was destroyed. This replaced 5, which no longer exists.
These are all of the timelines in the canon series, and each corresponds to the rings. The main story of DB shifts from 2, to 4, to 6.
The following timelines are linked, and must exist alongside one another for the story to have occurred up to the Goku Black arc: 2, 3, 4, and 6
And yet 5 exists, and exists at the very start of the Goku Black arc, which forces the existence of copies of Timeline 2, 3, and 4. We'll call them 7, 8 and 9
Beyond that exists yet another copy of timeline 6 when Beerus kills Zamasu, so we have timelines 10, 11 and 12

Beyond THAT exists a copy of Timeline 5 created by Whis at the very end of the arc, which necessitates copies of 7, 8, 9
So I end up with 15 necessary timelines, without counting in the unnamed ammount of timelines Goku Black traversed in order to find a world devoid of a GoD

The following timelines are linked, and must exist alongside one another for the story to have occurred up to the Goku Black arc: 2, 3, 4, and 6
And yet 5 exists, and exists at the very start of the Goku Black arc, which forces the existence of copies of Timeline 2, 3, and 4. We'll call them 7, 8 and 9
Why would that force the existence of copies of 2, 3, and 4? And this seems very easily dismissed as it's incompatible with the amount of time rings in the box.

Why would that force the existence of copies of 2, 3, and 4?
mb I wrote 5 instead of 4
Timeline 4 and 6's separate existence forces the separate existence of any timeline linked to them individually, one time hopping Cell cannot be split into two timelines unless two timelines of time hopping Cell exist, which brings about a copy of the Future Trunks he killed..

And this seems very easily dismissed as it's incompatible with the amount of time rings in the box.
About as easily as you dismissed the gigantic time ring storage area?
Screenshot_89.png

Anything can be dismissed, if you start off on a false premise.

Timeline 4 and 6's separate existence forces the separate existence of any timeline linked to them individually, one time hopping Cell cannot be split into two timelines unless two timelines of time hopping Cell exist, which brings about a copy of the Future Trunks he killed..
I don't follow. When was a time-hopping cell split into two timelines?

Right, because you are just assuming the contents of those other shelves, and your theory is that even though all of the canonical timelines can be accounted for in the one box we've ever actually seen, there must be a bunch of others popping up in other unseen boxes. It's assumptions layered upon further assumptions. The assumption of this "copy" mechanism violates the number of rings seen and thus needs to be further defended with an additional assumption that these "copy" rings aren't populating in the box that all of the others populated in, for some unknown reason.

1. Timeline 1 is Cell's world, where Future Trunks was sent back in time by Bulma, came back, and got killed in his celebratory trip back.
2. Timeline 2 was created when Universe 12 sent someone back in time
3. Timeline 3 was created when dead Future Trunks was sent to warn Goku about the heart virus
4. Timeline 4 was created when Cell from timeline 1 entered a different time period in the time machine than his own Future Trunks would have, severing the link between timelines and returning to his larva state and burrowing himself to grow.
This is the main canon timeline, the one we follow in the show.

Since Trunks still ends up appearing in Timeline 4, then that means he came from yet another timeline since he doesn't fit in any of the ones listed thus far.
5. Timeline 5: The canon Future Trunks timeline.
07-034i6qqd.jpg

Only now do we even get to Super. And keep in mind, every single one of the timelines listed thus far should have alternate timelines due to how MWI works, but i'm not gonna delve into them since it's already confusing enough.
not touching on the mwi stuff cuz that was already addressed
6. Timeline 6: The timeline where Goku Black originates from, stealing Goku's body
7. Timeline 7: The timeline created by Beerus killing Zamasu
The very same.
8. Timeline 8: The timeline Whis brings Future Trunks and Mai into, identical to the canon timeline (Timeline 4)
Whis brought Future Trunks and Mai back to their original world but further into the past.
This could contain quite literally anything. All of the cabinets are individually labeled.

No, I am 100% sure the place where Whis brought Trunks and Mai was stated to be an alternate timeline.
Yes, this was accounted for in my post.

I don't follow. When was a time-hopping cell split into two timelines?
Timeline 4 and 6 are different timelines. Each of these timelines share the same history up to the Goku Black arc. Each of their individual histories are linked with 3 other timelines. One of Future Trunks, one of Cell, and one where the Future Trunks from Cell's timeline went the first time around.
They cannot share these 3 timelines inbetween eachother, they both individually have 3 timelines linked to one another.
Yup, these are Timelines 2, 3, 4 and 5. Nothing here refutes my points.

The very same.
Proof?
Whis brought Future Trunks and Mai back to their original world but further into the past.
Screenshot_90.png

The very same.
They aren’t. Beerus creates an additional split in time by interfering with Zamasu’s history, according to Whis.

They’d only be the same if we count Beerus’ claim of Gods affecting time differently from Mortals as valid and buffed Hakai/Gods (which Black then prevented from mattering with his Time Ring).

They aren’t. Beerus creates an additional split in time by interfering with Zamasu’s history, according to Whis.

They’d only be the same if we count Beerus’ claim of Gods affecting time differently from Mortals as valid and buffed Hakai/Gods (which Black then prevented from mattering with his Time Ring).
yeah beerus did say that instead of spliting the timeline, him killinf zamasu would have prevented him from becoming goku black, but since Black had the time ring that made him imune to changes to his past, the timeline splited.....at least, that is how i got what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back