• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just sonicfans grasping at straws.

Id say you should give goku the zeno button if you are willig to give sonic wisps

Honestly, the whole Wisp thing is, simply put, silly.

It's the same as giving Saiyan Saga Goku Kaioken x20 or saying he can go Super Saiyan. Or giving Part 1 Naruto the Rasenshuriken or Bijuu Mode. Or GOW1 Kratos having the Leiviathan Axe.

The excuse is that Sonic (as he is of current day with all the Wisp powers) is turning into Darkspine. That makes no sense. We hold characters and their forms to what they've shown and what they would have access to at that given time. The only exceptions are Composites, who have access to everything.

I guess Archie Super Sonic doesn't have access to the Sword of Acorns,Power Rings and Matter Manipulation and Fatehax as he hasn't been shown to use said powers in Super.

A transformation doesn't limit what you have.If Super Sonic can use wisps and Ultra Sonic can use all his equipment and powers from base and Super why can't Darkspine?

Unless specified specifically Darkspine can use all his abilities from base form.

It's ridiculous to say that a transformation from a weaker form would somehow limit what a character can or cannot use without actually being stated.A transformation may change what a character leads with but not what he can and cannot use unless proven.

I'm not even concerned in the match.I just wanted to clarify such horrific downplay and faulty logic.

Just because it's a transformation doesn't mean that they're limited to not having any abilities from their previous form. Cause if that's the case then I guess Mega Man in Super Adapter form can't use his special abilities, or Overclocked Bender with his planetary annihilators, or Ultra Sonic with the Sword of Acorns, fate hax, matter manipulation, and so on. Saying a transformation can't use said abilities is just a pitiful excuse to downplay a character cause they're winning. Like that's the most embarrassing thing anyone can do and can showcase how one's bias gets the best of them.

You guys are strawmanning so hard that one of the three little pigs just built a house out of it...

They're not saying that Darkspine doesn't get stuff from base. They're saying that Darkspine, which hasn't made an appearance since his debut, isn't going to get items that debuted after he came and went. It's not the same case as Super Sonic at all, which has made appearances since and Sonic can go at will. It would be no different than saying Oozaru Goku can use Instant Transmission and Ultra Instinct despite the fact that Goku hasn't gone Oozaru since he was 12 and can no longer do it. It's the same reason Vegito before reappearing was only scaled to Buu Saga despite the fact that he'd clearly be 3-A if Goku and Vegeta fused then.

Also yes, we are taking Goku directly from the TOP.

VioletVoid100 said:
Just because it's a transformation doesn't mean that they're limited to not having any abilities from their previous form. Cause if that's the case then I guess Mega Man in Super Adapter form can't use his special abilities, or Overclocked Bender with his planetary annihilators, or Ultra Sonic with the Sword of Acorns, fate hax, matter manipulation, and so on. Saying a transformation can't use said abilities is just a pitiful excuse to downplay a character cause they're winning. Like that's the most embarrassing thing anyone can do and can showcase how one's bias gets the best of them.
No it's because we never do this for any other character.

Goku has never been allowed to be post broly whenever he's been in MUI

Natsu is never assumed to be Current arc in 7 Flames Dragon Mode.

Characters are always assumed to be from their latest appearance.

Also the Sword of Light is not only something Sonic doesn't have on his person 24/7(I.E. Optional Equipment) It's not even his. And Fatehax and Matter Manipulation aren't even Equipment based.

If Sonic's been getting wins off this logic, then his matches in his forms need to be reviewed. Because we have never ever allowed this.

I've literally only heard this now no other match since I've been here has treated characters like this. It's like saying speeding is okay because "I've been doing it".

Emissary From Hell said:
Yeah, Darkspine Sonic is a transformation, not Sonic from a specific period of time.

The form of Sonic comparable to kid Goku in that sense would be Classic Sonic.

Sonic FRA
Anyways with this Sonic has 16 vs 13 for Goku, grace starts and let's not question the votes because you don't like the reasons

Furthermore he's not being allowed wisps because "It's a transformation." It's because he's never even met a Wisp Chronologically until Colors. He's not Super Sonic who's made multiple appearances.

MUI fra. I never voted.

Actually, I don't like just leaving FRA's. Goku hits him. That's all there is. Darkspine isn't hax and he's weaker. That's all that needs to be said. He has one second chance and gets hit again.

I don't know if he gets a second chance doesn't his body get destroyed by said punch? And doesn't he lack feats of ressing without his body? Or was that settled? Either way even if he revives he gets punched again so I guess it doesn't matter.

I don't think I have voted either. I think I only commented when people were talking about the Secret Ring game itself and Time Slow being different to Time Stop but I conceded to the rules of the site for that.

I guess I have voted

ElixirBlue said:
I don't think I have voted either. I think I only commented when people were talking about the Secret Ring game itself and Time Slow being different to Time Stop but I conceded to the rules of the site for that.

Sonic FRA
You already voted actually awhile ago

The real cal howard said:
Yeah. He needs a body. Link won't resurrect with fairies if he's reduced to viscera for example.
Stop treating Sonic's resurrection from LoZ. They're not the same. Sonic doesn't use a fairy or some small living creature to resurrect

Welp I'm really lazy but it's about time I jump in, I can't stand seeing this any longer really.

Sure an ki blast could probably kill sonic or a punch but who said sonic is gonna stand there and let it happen. Dark spine sonic can "create concentrated flames on his hands and feet to amplify the destructive force behind his attacks, and form highly powerful bursts of flames." Which could probably help him win who knows. Also there's the reality warping argument but I'm not sure if that was debunked or not, if not it's still in play.

HyperNepsy said:
Welp I'm really lazy but it's about time I jump in, I can't stand seeing this any longer really.

Sure an ki blast could probably kill sonic or a punch but who said sonic is gonna stand there and let it happen. Dark spine sonic can "create concentrated flames on his hands and feet to amplify the destructive force behind his attacks, and form highly powerful bursts of flames." Which could probably help him win who knows. Also there's the reality warping argument but I'm not sure if that was debunked or not, if not it's still in play.
This....doesn't save him like at all. And the reality warping argument has been exhausted to death.

@Violet We dismissed his realtiy warping as he has never used it in a combat applicable manner as darkspine sonic. Our reasoning for goku winning? He resist time slow and oneshots, said oneshot destroys sonics body and thus nulls his ressurection. What about gokus win con is debunked?

He does use reality warping offensively. He just didn't do it in the fight since the game won't allow you and he's fighting against a guy with similar powers so it would be null.

"Soul Resurrection" if you EVEN try debunking that, you're out of your mind.

His time hax does work though. Since it manipulates both time and space, it stops and slows down time, and it's an actual time hax move. Instead of some sealing or pocket dimension.

Plus wisps, magic hands, and ring time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back