• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godhand1999 said:
Also, Darkspine Sonic's reality warping should scale to Alf-Layla wa Layla whose mere presence destroyed the Arabian Nights, plus we literally see Sonic reality warping everything away with a mere gesture in an actual cutscene within the game.
Yes, it's combat applicable. Sonic has shown reality warping abilities, Goku has not.
this site doesnt scale hax im pretty sure. Alf-Layla was defeated at that moment and depowered and then Sonic depowered from Darkspine either way it's still not combat applicable.

Godhand1999 said:
Also, Darkspine Sonic's reality warping should scale to Alf-Layla wa Layla whose mere presence destroyed the Arabian Nights, plus we literally see Sonic reality warping everything away with a mere gesture in an actual cutscene within the game.

Yes, it's combat applicable. Sonic has shown reality warping abilities, Goku has not.
Just because he has shown reality warping doesn't mean it's either combat applicable, or in character. Why did Sonic beat down Alf Layla Wa Layla if he could resort to reality warping?

Hst master said:
Hst master said:
In many cases, self-resurrection may take too long to be combat applicable, but it still exists. The ability has similar limitations to Regenerationn, and one should not assume that, because a character has never failed to resurrect, that they can resurrect regardless of how they've been killed.

Straight from the Ressurection Page.

He's never resurrected from his body being blasted apart. All exanples you've given his body has still been ultimately intact.
And this is what the Ressurection page has to say.
Where is that from? Game Sonic's profile?

What is this resurrection thing? He never resurrected in the game, heck, the whole thing was that he was going to die if he didn't collected the 7 rings. I have played the game for hours and I don't remember any single thing about it.

Tony di bugalu said:
What is this resurrection thing? He never resurrected in the game, heck, the whole thing was that he was going to die if he didn't collected the 7 rings. I have played the game for hours and I don't remember any single thing about it.
It's a ability that he has and has been linked in this thread before, plus the thing that was going to kill him was a death curse by Erazor

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Yeah the game says that you are revived, and that's it, there is nothing in the game that really point's towards Soul based ressurection except for the word Soul being part of the name. You have to prove that it's actually Soul based, like every other series, cause at this point you're literally assuming the highest interpretation of the ability, just cause of it's name.

So, you admit that the game says you can be revived. The game already states what the ability can do though and already provided you with a description of what it is. A statement is valid unless it's contradicted by the source material. Nothing contradicts this at all, therefore Sonic can revive after being defeated and reality warp Goku out of existence as shown in the actual cutscene from the game.

I don't have to prove anything else, when the game already states what the ability can do.

Godhand1999 said:

And he never ever uses this outside of fixing the place.

@User

Except your trying to extrapolate heavy that because Sonic is able to come back because he got Crushed = He'll come back if he no longer has a body, which is something you've yet to prove. Furthermore I've already given you 3 examples of Characters totally vaporizing each other because of an ap difference.

.....you have tried that. Like repeatedly. Sonic's votes are soley off assuming that his body will just reconstruct when it hasn't shown too. Along with the Ressurection page blatantly saying that Ressurection does have a limit of it's showings just like regen.

"In the battle against Alf Layla wa-Layla, Darkspine Sonic can generate Soul on his own by shaking the Wii Remote."

And its lore was expanded in the other sonic game

" In Sonic and the Black Knight, Soul Gauge energy can be gathered from collecting red fairies and attacking enemies. There are also Skills that allow the player to gather or better sustain Soul Gauge energy when certain conditions are met. Additionally, there is the "Soul Resurrection" Skill, where Soul Gauge energy is used for health when Rings are gone."

That we already know but Sonic games actually categories soul energy as " A ethereal energy source." and its considered to be a manifestation of one's soul to use it in a variety of ways.

Amy Rose Blacksmith Blaze the Cat King Arthur Knuckles the Echidna Sir Galahad Sir Gawain Sir Lamorak Sir Lancelot Sir Percival Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic the Hedgehog Darkspine Sonic Excalibur Sonic

These are all the characters able to use Soul gauge so yeah it's basically is the manifestation of one's soul and not just a Gameplay mechanic or something obscure so it's not far fetched to think that Sonic can regen from his soul since other characters with no bodies could survive with just a soul (sonic the black knight) so not farfetched that blue boy might be able to pull it off.

And this is what the Ressurection page has to say.
Where is that from? Game Sonic's profile?

It's from the page on the ability. Ressurectio

@HST Master

My dude, he quite literally "(Restored the Arabian Nights reality, along with its space-time, with a wave of the hand after it was destroyed by Alf Layla-Wa Layla)"

Goku literally has no defense against this ability.

Theuser789 said:
It's a ability that he has and has been linked in this thread before, plus the thing that was going to kill him was a death curse by Erazor
So, a game mechanics that goes against the lore of the very game?

I know about the curse and the flame, but if he could ressurect what was the point of even finding the rings if he could just have defeated Erazor and ressurect later?

Godhand1999 said:
@HST Master

My dude, he quite literally "(Restored the Arabian Nights reality, along with its space-time, with a wave of the hand after it was destroyed by Alf Layla-Wa Layla)"

It's not in character. Why didn't he merely lead with that instead of wasting his time fighting Alf Layla Wa Layla. That's like saying that Manga Goku using the Hakai is in character.

Godhand1999 said:
@HST Master

And he never uses this offensively. That's another thing. Having Hax =/= Using Hax. Also Resurrection there's blatantly has to be feats of what a Ressurection can come back from.

As the World Rings are what keep the world of the Arabian Nights together, it appears that Darkspine Sonic is also capable of warping the reality of the Arabian Nights' universe: with one gesture, Sonic was able to revert Erazor Djinn's realm back to normal while also expelling the World Rings' power from his body so it is combat applicable and when sonic fought the guy he was already bloodlusted and pissed

Yeah this isn't the first time Ive seen this argument about sonic, he doesn't have any feats of resureccting without his body, at least none that Ive seen...

Not just crushed but being cut by giant swords, blasted by giant energy balls,etc. and I did prove, plus those cases were because they were using special attacks like Kamehameha or Spirit Bomb, not regular attacks like I said, you are straight up ignoring parts of my comments right now

I tried but then realized it would lead nowhere fast, it doesn't matter if you like then or not, they were still votes and Sonic has 14 now vs 11 of Goku

AshenCrow777 said:
"In the battle against Alf Layla wa-Layla, Darkspine Sonic can generate Soul on his own by shaking the Wii Remote."

And its lore was expanded in the other sonic game

" In Sonic and the Black Knight, Soul Gauge energy can be gathered from collecting red fairies and attacking enemies. There are also Skills that allow the player to gather or better sustain Soul Gauge energy when certain conditions are met. Additionally, there is the "Soul Resurrection" Skill, where Soul Gauge energy is used for health when Rings are gone."

That we already know but Sonic games actually categories soul energy as " A ethereal energy source." and its considered to be a manifestation of one's soul to use it in a variety of ways.

Amy Rose Blacksmith Blaze the Cat King Arthur Knuckles the Echidna Sir Galahad Sir Gawain Sir Lamorak Sir Lancelot Sir Percival Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic the Hedgehog Darkspine Sonic Excalibur Sonic

These are all the characters able to use Soul gauge so yeah it's basically is the manifestation of one's soul and not just a Gameplay mechanic or something obscure so it's not far fetched to think that Sonic can regen from his soul since other characters with no bodies could survive with just a soul (sonic the black knight) so not farfetched that blue boy might be able to pull it off.
Dude you literally just called it a Energy Source in the very same comment you claimed it was their Souls.

Theuser789 said:
Not just crushed but being cut by giant swords, blasted by giant energy balls,etc. and I did prove, plus those cases were because they were using special attacks like Kamehameha or Spirit Bomb, not regular attacks like I said, you are straight up ignoring parts of my comments right now

I tried but then realized it would lead nowhere fast, it doesn't matter if you like then or not, they were still votes and Sonic has 14 now vs 11 of Goku
Not only can characters get vaporized here by a wide enough ap difference there's

Dore (Got vaporized by a normal ki blast

Cell Jrs (Blew into pieces and vapor by Gohan just hitting them)

Saibaman (Also vaporized by Krillin and Vegeta)

Several Namekians by frieza's men.

Frieza (By trunks)

There's plently. And yet again, all of those would leave a body. His body would not disintegrate because he got cut.

And again all Sonic's Votes are based on Ressurection.

Also dosent sonic have time manip that goku dosent resist plus speed boost to get speed advantage since he's faster than goku?

Just to clarify, UIO is over 80x blue. Spirit bomb is 2x Kaio-Ken and ssj2 Kefla is 2x that. Jiren then blows awaya charged Super Kamehameha, which would be 2.2211538462times amp. This makes Jiren bars minimum 177x blue, who's over baseline low 2-C. Even if we lowball to the absolute minimum we can say MUI is 200x baseline.

So can definitely vaporize.

Time Skip is a form of Time Stop as short as it is, it's inherently better resistance than Time Break which is only Time Slow.

Yeah unless sonic has time slowed someone resistant I don't think it matters.... While the time stop was inherently limited it was still a form of time stop. A form goku resisted.

@Zamasu Chan Hundreds of times baseline? That's the wank I was taking about earlier.

@Shake Hit's time skip is crap since stronger opponents can overpower it and even then, Goku still got affected by it.

Goku resisted it ergo, he has time manip resistance, said resistance is above time slow unless sonic has slowed somone resistant in the past. This isn't a valid argument against gokus resistance....

ChocomilkAlex said:
Godhand1999 said:
@HST Master

It's not in character. Why didn't he merely lead with that instead of wasting his time fighting Alf Layla Wa Layla. That's like saying that Manga Goku using the Hakai is in character.
Because Sonic's reality warping would've likely gotten countered by Alf Layla Wa Layla. Also, space-time would've ended up getting destroyed again so there's no point. Darkspine Sonic is also bloodlusted, therefore he'll do whatever it takes to win. Goku is the kind of person to fight his opponents head on and try to take on their strongest attacks and win. Therefore, Goku will end up getting reality warped out of existence by Darkspine.

Time Skip is Time Stop. Saying "He never fully resisted it" is again false because his own fight with hit says otherwise. And dude are you gonna keep repeating the same thing, because I already told you that's manga only. The Anime has no such claim.

Copy and Pasting what I said when User said it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Zamasu Chan Hundreds of times baseline? That's the wank I was taking about earlier.
If I'm so wrong how about refuting instead of implying I'm a wanker?

And he never uses this offensively. That's another thing. Having Hax =/= Using Hax. Also Resurrection there's blatantly has to be feats of what a Ressurection can come back from.

Yes he does. My dude, if he has the ability and he's shown the ability to use it in an offical cutscene then yes it's combat applicable. Darkspine Sonic is already pissed and bloodlusted, he'll kill Goku at a moments notice and Goku has no offense against it. We don't need to show you any more of the Resurrection ability when the game itself literally states what it can do. A statement is valid unless contradicted.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:

@Shake Hit's time skip is crap since stronger opponents can overpower it and even then, Goku still got affected by it.
Makes sense to me, it's be generous anyway given MUI may or may not be stronger than Beerus who is 1/2 2-C

Time Stop > Time Slow regardless and it's only the manga that outright states stronger opponents overpower it. In the anime it's just resistance

He can ressurect, he can't do so without a body according to the feats we've seen got it! Having an ability named soul/using soul energy does not allow you to ressurect without a body without feats or explicit statements to that effect.

The pen or the sword said:
Goku resisted it ergo, he has time manip resistance, said resistance is above time slow unless sonic has slowed somone resistant in the past. This isn't a valid argument against gokus resistance....
Not if Hit's time skip has a weakness of failing to work against stronger opponents.

@Hst master The anime doesn't contradict Hit's time skip failing to work on stronger opponents. Goku and Jiren broke out of it due to sheer strength.

> Not if Hit's time skip has a weakness of failing to work against stronger opponents.

It worked on low 2-C Jiren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back