• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic the Hedgehog should literally take this battle single handedly.

First of all: https://i.imgur.com/VkrucUF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Sonic also doesn't even need to have the Soul Gauge filled to use these techniques either: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtFLgZUeOxk&feature=youtu.be

Darkspine Sonic can also fill up his own Soul Gauge. Also, this whole thing about "Sonic never resurrected his body from being destroyed" is BS lmao. Why? Because Soul Resurrection is derived from Sonic's soul. You can't kill Sonic completely unless you directly attack his Soul.Goku has like...no hax whatsoever in where he can do that. Plus, Goku is not surviving reality warp. You can destroy his body, but unless you destroy his soul you're not beating Darkspine.

Sonic should take this via superior hax.

1. Goku probably can survive reality warping because Sonic reviving the World of the Arabian Knights, isn't combat applicable.

2. He still needs to fill a certain quota of soul energy to revive himself

3. Darkspine Sonic May be able to fill up his own soul gauge, but that's not going to prevent him from being one shot within a few seconds after coming back

@Godhand

We literally just went over this like twice. Sonic isn't ressurecting from his soul. He's using the soul gauge to ressurect. You're gonna have to prove he's ressurecting fron his soul outside of having the word "soul" in it. Second, no one said all his abilities needed to have the Soul Gauge full. Only Ressurect and at a certain threshhold. This isn't a new argument in the slightest, just the same one worded differently.

Godhand1999 said:
First of all: https://i.imgur.com/VkrucUF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Sonic also doesn't even need to have the Soul Gauge filled to use these techniques either: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtFLgZUeOxk&feature=youtu.be

Darkspine Sonic can also fill up his own Soul Gauge. Also, this whole thing about "Sonic never resurrected his body from being destroyed" is BS lmao. Why? Because Soul Resurrection is derived from Sonic's soul. You can't kill Sonic completely unless you directly attack his Soul.Goku has like...no hax whatsoever in where he can do that. Plus, Goku is not surviving reality warp. You can destroy his body, but unless you destroy his soul you're not beating Darkspine.

what is that first video suppose to prove exactly?

no one is saying he needs it filled to use any we're talking about when the gauge is dead empty and if he can ressurect after his body is annhilated

Unless Sonic's Reality Warping is combat applicable (which, IIRC, it's not) then it doesn't matter.

We've already been over the Sonic resurrection thing. Prove he's ressurrecting from the soul. Because right now, Iron Fist has better resurrection.

Also, because I haven't actually said it, Goku FRA.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Also HES NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RESSURECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER GETTING ONE SHOT
Yes he can, that's how his ressurection works, as long as Sonic has soul guage he can ressurect

@hst, none of those would leave a intact body, plus Erazor's blast can engulf him and Erazor stayed it would take a miracle to avoid It.

@Cinos, repeating yourself doesn't make my argument invalid, we straight up see Sonic being stabbed and not leave a hole, those attacks won't leave Sonic's body intact which debunks the notion that Sonic's body needs to be intact, plus in Secret Rings we don't see his body, he flickers and then he gets back, it's not like other 3D games in it's death animation

@Xar, that just proves that Goku's attacks might not even vaporize Sonic, since that's a assumption because of his Ap advantage

Theuser789 said:
ChocomilkAlex said:
Also HES NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RESSURECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER GETTING ONE SHOT
Yes he can, that's how his ressurection works, as long as Sonic has soul guage he can ressurect
@hst, none of those would leave a intact body, plus Erazor's blast can engulf him and Erazor stayed it would take a miracle to avoid It.

@Cinos, repeating yourself doesn't make my argument invalid, we straight up see Sonic being stabbed and not leave a hole, those attacks won't leave Sonic's body intact which debunks the notion that Sonic's body needs to be intact, plus in Secret Rings we don't see his body, he flickers and then he gets back, it's not like other 3D games in it's death animation

@Xar, that just proves that Goku's attacks might not even vaporize Sonic, since that's a assumption because of his Ap advantage
So now Sonic has an indestructible body because of meta-censorship animation issues? that's not even a valid point, thats just game mechanics Yes he does vaporize him.

none of those would leave a intact body, plus Erazor's blast can engulf him and Erazor stayed it would take a miracle to avoid It.

Huh? Dude people's Bodies don't just get vaporized because they get stabbed. In all forms of death that are possible for him, he's always had a body to ressurect from and all of those deaths would leave a body. It seems like your trying to argue semantics rn.

Not if he has no body to ressurect with.

that just proves that Goku's attacks might not even vaporize Sonic, since that's a assumption because of his Ap advantage

So Sonic getting hit by Flaming Canonballs proves he won't get Vaporized by the AP advantage how?

You misunderstood over half of my comment HST

I was talking about the blast that should leaveno body, not stabbing, I was even talking about Alf Wa Layla Wa giant blast, and I already adressed the "leave a body" argument and the fact the body isn't intact proves that a body is irrelevant for the ressurection since it wouldn't make sense that the status of the body is irrelevant then being blown in chunks won't even matter.

I was talking about Xar point that ki blasts in DB super don't cause damage to other characters bodys, were did you even get Flaming Cannonballs from?

The real cal howard said:
Also talked to Shake. Nobody knows how Soul Resurrection works in the game from a visual aspect.
Shake said he didn't have footage of Soul Surge, I could do it If I knew how to record on a Wii since I have the game

I didn't misunderstand your comment. You said and I quote. "None of those would leave a intact body" And Alf Layla wa Layla saying "It'll take a miracle to avoid" nowhere near implies it would vaporize sonic. It means it would be difficult to get out the way, keyword avoid (Which given all that space doesn't even make sense to say in the 1st place.)

You haven't addressed it, all examples you've given is completely based on semantics because I said the word "intact".

And Xar was talking about the Video also, Kid Buu, Zamasu, and Cell are things.

Based on the game I would assume he just takes damage instead of dying and loses Soul guage when he gets hit without rings

Shake said he didn't have footage of Soul Surge, I could do it If I knew how to record on a Wii since I have the game

Literally just whip out your phone, record it via camera, plug your phone into a pc, upload it to the pc and post it here.

Theuser789 said:
You misunderstood over half of my comment HST
I was talking about the blast that should leaveno body, not stabbing, I was even talking about Alf Wa Layla Wa giant blast, and I already adressed the "leave a body" argument and the fact the body isn't intact proves that a body is irrelevant for the ressurection since it wouldn't make sense that the status of the body is irrelevant then being blown in chunks won't even matter.

I was talking about Xar point that ki blasts in DB super don't cause damage to other characters bodys, were did you even get Flaming Cannonballs from?
Bro ki vaporizes characters all the time in Dragonball how is this even an argument?

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Is there any actual proof that it he regenerates from his soul besides the name?
Whenever you die in the game, you literally can come back to life after you are killed. That's not just "the name" it's an ability that you have IN the game itself. It's apart of Sonic's skills and ressurction is linked to his soul energy. So, Sonic can't be killed normally.

Master Xar said:
Godhand1999 said:

no one is saying he needs it filled to use any we're talking about when the gauge is dead empty and if he can ressurect after his body is annhilated

It's supposed to prove that Sonic doesn't need a fully filled gauge to use the ability. Also, Darkspine Sonic can refill his own energy by himself so that's not a problem.

His body? Again, unless Goku can attack his soul he's not beating Sonic. Goku has no way of actually annhilating Sonic. You destory his body, Sonic can just revive himself and reality warp him out of existence.

Whenever you die in the game, you literally can come back to life after you are killed. That's not just "the name" it's an ability that you have IN the game itself. It's apart of Sonic's skills and ressurction is linked to his soul energy. So, Sonic can't be killed normally.

And dude again, it's literally using Soul Energy to revive. It is in no way ressurecting him from his very soul.

@hst

It's not really semantics, if Sonic's ressurection doesn't care about the state of a body then it's not necessary to give a limitation to it at all, plus Goku's first punch or a ki blast won't vaporize Sonic, only something similar to a Kamehameha

This last comments proves you didn't get it, I wrotte my comment before GodHand posted his, Xar only talked about the ki blasts not causing damage to the body, the other comment wasn't even posted when I wrotte it

A ki blast could potentially vaporize Sonic if it were big enough, and Goku's fists have a pretty good chance of blowing away Sonics entire body.

Hst master said:
And dude again, it's literally using Soul Energy to revive. It is in no way ressurecting him from his very soul.

You're not understanding this. The Soul Gauge is linked to Sonic's soul lmao.

Theuser789 said:
@hst

It's not really semantics, if Sonic's ressurection doesn't care about the state of a body then it's not necessary to give a limitation to it at all, plus Goku's first punch or a ki blast won't vaporize Sonic, only something similar to a Kamehameha

This last comments proves you didn't get it, I wrotte my comment before GodHand posted his, Xar only talked about the ki blasts not causing damage to the body, the other comment wasn't even posted when I wrotte it
Again prove this. Because it's literally just the name of the ability and what he shown to be able to ress from is wgat he can ress from. Alongside the AP difference saying otherwise. And Xar was talking about and even quoted Godhand's comment. The whole Soul Ressurection argument is soley based on somehow extrapolating that he's ressurecting from his Soul because the word soul is in it, instead of what the game directly says and is shown to be able to ressurect from.

I didn't even bring the soul stuff that and you yourself adimited that certain deaths don't leave a full body which was what my comment was talking about, no soul ressurection stuff, this proves you aren't understanding my comment at all, plus Xar quoted me first and that's what I was responding, I will need to screeshoot it for you to understand, when I commented Godhand didn't even comment

Theuser789 said:
I didn't even bring the soul stuff that and you yourself adimited that certain deaths don't leave a full body which was what my comment was talking about, no soul ressurection stuff, this proves you aren't understanding my comment at all, plus Xar quoted me first and that's what I was responding, I will need to screeshoot it for you to understand, when I commented Godhand didn't even comment
So you are arguing in semantics. Because so long as he leaves a body before he revives, it needs a body. Also my comment isn't just toward you but Soul Ressurection as a whole.

@Godhand

My guy several other people have said this and it's gonna be the same result. Ad Nauseum isn't gonna make it true.

Godhand1999 said:
Master Xar said:
Godhand1999 said:

It's supposed to prove that Sonic doesn't need a fully filled gauge to use the ability. Also, Darkspine Sonic can refill his own energy by himself so that's not a problem.

His body? Again, unless Goku can attack his soul he's not beating Sonic. Goku has no way of actually annhilating Sonic. You destory his body, Sonic can just revive himself and reality warp him out of existence.
it is a problem if he keeps dying before he can refill it and eventually it will reach zero.

doesnt need to, his body hasn't been shown to ressurect from vaporization and it is an assumption that he revives from his soul as it is just a title, if we're going by names and titles DB shouldve been low 2-C a long time ago with Big Bang Attack

and his reality warping is not combat applicable.

Hst master said:
Theuser789 said:
@hst

Again prove this. Because it's literally just the name of the ability and what he shown to be able to ress from is wgat he can ress from. Alongside the AP difference saying otherwise. And Xar was talking about and even quoted Godhand's comment. The whole Soul Ressurection argument is soley based on somehow extrapolating that he's ressurecting from his Soul because the word soul is in it, instead of what the game directly says and is shown to be able to ressurect from.
The game directly states that you are revived when defeated. We don't really need to show anything when we've already shown you what the game already said, lol.

Also, Darkspine Sonic's reality warping should scale to Alf-Layla wa Layla whose mere presence destroyed the Arabian Nights, plus we literally see Sonic reality warping everything away with a mere gesture in an actual cutscene within the game.

Yes, it's combat applicable. Sonic has shown reality warping abilities, Goku has not.

Hst master said:
In many cases, self-resurrection may take too long to be combat applicable, but it still exists. The ability has similar limitations to Regenerationn, and one should not assume that, because a character has never failed to resurrect, that they can resurrect regardless of how they've been killed.

Straight from the Ressurection Page.

He's never resurrected from his body being blasted apart. All exanples you've given his body has still been ultimately intact.
And this is what the Ressurection page has to say.

Yeah the game says that you are revived, and that's it, there is nothing in the game that really point's towards Soul based ressurection except for the word Soul being part of the name. You have to prove that it's actually Soul based, like every other series, cause at this point you're literally assuming the highest interpretation of the ability, just cause of it's name.

Hst master said:
Theuser789 said:
So you are arguing in semantics. Because so long as he leaves a body before he revives, it needs a body. Also my comment isn't just toward you but Soul Ressurection as a whole.
@Godhand

My guy several other people have said this and it's gonna be the same result. Ad Nauseum isn't gonna make it true.
No, were did you even understand that about Sonic leaving a body? My point is that if the state of Sonic body doesn't matter since you yourself said that Sonic's body would be damaged by certain deaths than there's no need to keep limiting the ressurection when there's enough proof and not every attack of Goku will vaporize him

And regardless of your opinion of the ressurection those are still the votes, I could also claim the first 8 votes for Goku invalid because of the reasons being only lol Ap, so let's not go there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back