• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tyrannosaurus rex vs Spinosaurus

Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Hyper Anon said:
ThyBadger said:
Kazanshin said:
So, to address to all points:
Strength: Spino was a piscivore that didn't need any strengh to hunt. It's natural logic that an apex predator like Rex would be physically stronger.

Size: Multiple newer estimates have put the spinosaurus at weights ower than you 20 tons and theey're globally accepted virtually everywhere.

Speed: Again, semi aquatic piscivore vs land carnivore.

Intelligence: Semi-aquatic solitary piscivore vs apex pack hunter land carnivore.

Claws: Nope: https://pre00.deviantart.net/b254/t...skeletal__msnm_v_4047__by_franoys-dbokpwj.png

Explain to me how he would cause damage with those claws.

And finally, for the nail in the coffin, about T. Rex intelligence:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x57t2qc

Sorry for the japanese, but Rex apparently had organized pack hunting behavior with each member having different roles according to their size and age.
I'm pretty sure "pack hunting T.Rex" isn't really a thing anymore? I thought the general consensus was that T.Rex was likely highly territorial and aggressive, kind of defeating the whole pack hunting thing. Not saying you're wrong. We cannot say with certainty it was true or false but i thought it was put aside because evidence swayed the opinions in another direction - and also, how do you know that "rex" shown in the video wasn't a Tarbosaurus or another asian tyrannosaur?
A lot of animals are aggressive to each other but still hunt in packs, like wolves
Well yeah, but they are kind of designed and meant to do that. But tigers for instance are not. I also cannot think of many dinosaurs that lived in Rex's day and lived along side it that would justify pack hunting - and even if you say Triceratops - great, but how big would a Rex pack be? And how long could that sustain them based on their pack size and their kill size? TBH, i would see cannibalism being frequent in that scenario.
I'm not a paleotologist but maybe in pairs or families? Dinosaur flesh has a lot of calories so they could feed a huge pack of T-rexes. Maybe some T-rexes were cannibalistic depending on the individual. Some hunted in packs to make hunting easier, some were just pros.
I can definitely see mother and young hunting, but male and female mates for instance? Possibly but for how long? A little? Forever?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Size: Debatable
Sperd: You can't say anything until we get a value for Spino.

Intelligence: Doesn't prove anything.

Claws: I already said debatable.
Even if they hade equal size, speed, intelligence, whatever. The T-rex's bite is a good enough advantage, it can kill dinosaurs with tougher bones, and the Spino has a spine that's vulnerable. Quality of advantages matter, not quantity.

Yeah, but for now we do not know what other advantages Spinosaurus have which means it's inconclusive.

And stop typing T-Rex, it's wrong.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Yeah, but for now we do not know what other advantages Spinosaurus have which means it's inconclusive.
And stop typing T-Rex, it's wrong.
I'm pretty sure the thing is we wait until we find out more about spinosaurus, then we remove it and maybe make another thread for the fight. For now, T.rex has a much stronger bite and the spino's claws can't do much damage to it, so the T.rex wins.

Back