• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White fights a T. Rex! (Walter White vs Tyrannosaurus rex (Real World))

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, the fact that the T. Rex could just wait at a distance for Walt to faint, then use it's senses to see if he's conscious & track him down gives the T. Rex an actual wincon.

I don't think I need to change the OP lol.

&...
7bpou9.jpg

(thats walts confession btw)
Following
You all heard the man!
vvv

when walter faints, he's out for about 10-15 minutes. as long as he drives a few kilometers away, it's unlikely for the t rex to reach him before he wakes up.

I mean, assuming the T. Rex moves at full speed (24 km/h), at a low-end, 600 s or 10 min*(24*.2777778) = 4 km. to move at least 2000 m, 2000=(24*.2777778)s -> s=2000m/(24*.2777778) = 299.999976 s or nearly 5 min.

Huh, the T. Rex is capable of moving such a distance of at least 2 km. The T. Rex does have the stamina of doing this since it's built for long distance running.

Edit: now for 20 km/h as a mid value: 10(60)(20*.2777778) = 3333.3336 m
Though I'm not sure if it's in-character for the T. Rex to do this, Chimps do comprehend time, so the dino could comprehend time limits.

Last edited:
I mean, assuming the T. Rex moves at full speed (24 km/h), at a low-end, 600 s or 10 min*(24*.2777778) = 4 km. to move at least 2000 m, 2000=(24*.2777778)s -> s=2000m/(24*.2777778) = 299.999976 s or nearly 5 min.

Huh, the T. Rex is capable of moving such a distance of at least 2 km. The T. Rex does have the stamina of doing this since it's built for long distance running.
walter can drive that far in under a minute. and he’d probably drive for quite a bit longer than that, since he’d be utterly terrified. also, at a certain point, the t rex would lose track of walter, which would make him far more difficult to find. i doubt he’d just be going in a straight line.

i decided to remove his RV & give the kingkin his explosives because this thread seemed like it would be a stomp otherwise.

The T. Rex should at least be able detect some strange animal sneaking up on it from a 10s of meters away with it’s senses under these conditions.

Yea, if anyone has any ideas on how to make this fair, be my guest.

This seems mismatchy. I'll wait a week for suggestions of anyone here & then after that, I'll ask staff to close this thread.

In my opinion the battles was fine the way It was, the it generated good debate and the T-rex has wincons in the VR not turnin on, I would let this the way It is and after thebvoting ends re make with other rules

In my opinion the battles was fine the way It was, the it generated good debate and the T-rex has wincons in the VR not turnin on, I would let this the way It is and after thebvoting ends re make with other rules
BigSmoke stated that the T. Rex's wincons are based off of dumb luck of the RV not starting.

Are the RV problems likely/notable enough to happen over the course of many hours or minutes?

If yes, then I’ll switch things back in the OP.

BigSmoke stated that the T. Rex's wincons are based off of dumb luck of the RV not starting.
walter wincons:
  • drive away and let the t rex starve to death
    • not too likely to work, as the t rex is surrounded by perfectly edible animals. would also give the t rex time to wait until walter faints or crashes
  • burn down the forest
    • mid chance of working. t rex is a pretty massive animal and would likely have trouble maneuvering its way out of a forest fire. small chance of killing walter, although he’d likely start the fire from a distance and drive away to avoid this
  • make fulminated mercury and throw it at the tyrannosaurus
    • high chance of working. even if the mercury misses it, the t rex would probably be scared away by the explosion. and if it doesn’t miss, then, well, that dinosaur is gonna ******* die. either the t rex would be instantly killed by the explosion, or it would be gravely wounded, allowing walter to finish it off a second chunk of mercury.
tyrannosaurus rex wincons:
  • wait for walter to crash the vehicle
    • low chance of working. walter has vehicular mastery, and has been shown to be quite good at avoiding obstacles in his car. he isn’t likely to crash, especially if he stays on the road.
  • wait for walter to faint
    • low chance of working. walter doesn’t faint very often (iirc he does it 4 times across the entire series), and since he’s gonna be spending most of his time as far away from the t rex as possible, it’s unlikely the tyrannosaurus would arrive quickly enough to seize this opportunity
  • ambush walter while the rv is inactive
    • mid chance of working. if it attacks walter immediately at the start of the battle, the tyrannosaurus can probably reach walter before he can drive away. the problem with this is that the t rex isn’t too likely to do that, as it would apparently opt to hide in the trees and wait for an opening. plus it would have to maneuver around the trees to reach walter.
Are the RV problems likely/notable enough to happen over the course of many hours or minutes?
it’d probably have issues at times, it’s just unlikely that it would happen while walter is anywhere near the t. rex

walter wincons:
  • drive away and let the t rex starve to death
    • not too likely to work, as the t rex is surrounded by perfectly edible animals. would also give the t rex time to wait until walter faints or crashes
  • burn down the forest
    • mid chance of working. t rex is a pretty massive animal and would likely have trouble maneuvering its way out of a forest fire. small chance of killing walter, although he’d likely start the fire from a distance and drive away to avoid this
  • make fulminated mercury and throw it at the tyrannosaurus
    • high chance of working. even if the mercury misses it, the t rex would probably be scared away by the explosion. and if it doesn’t miss, then, well, that dinosaur is gonna ******* die. either the t rex would be instantly killed by the explosion, or it would be gravely wounded, allowing walter to finish it off a second chunk of mercury.
tyrannosaurus rex wincons:
  • wait for walter to crash the vehicle
    • low chance of working. walter has vehicular mastery, and has been shown to be quite good at avoiding obstacles in his car. he isn’t likely to crash, especially if he stays on the road.
  • wait for walter to faint
    • low chance of working. walter doesn’t faint very often (iirc he does it 4 times across the entire series), and since he’s gonna be spending most of his time as far away from the t rex as possible, it’s unlikely the tyrannosaurus would arrive quickly enough to seize this opportunity
  • ambush walter while the rv is inactive
    • mid chance of working. if it attacks walter immediately at the start of the battle, the tyrannosaurus can probably reach walter before he can drive away. the problem with this is that the t rex isn’t too likely to do that, as it would apparently opt to hide in the trees and wait for an opening. plus it would have to maneuver around the trees to reach walter.

it’d probably have issues at times, it’s just unlikely that it would happen while walter is anywhere near the t. rex
K. I'll switch it back if I have time today.

the t rex isn’t too likely to do that, as it would apparently opt to hide in the trees and wait for an opening. plus it would have to maneuver around the trees to reach walter.
Tyrannosaurus Rex could easily just go in full sprint once it's close enough to Walt and his RV.

From what I'm reading, fulminated mercury is the most effective strategy that Walt can use to beat the Rex. However, since this is the Real world Tyrannosaurus we're talking about, then according to wikipedia;
In the episode "Crazy Handful of Nothin'" of the television series Breaking Bad, Walter White uses fulminated Mercury to blow up the office of meth kingpin Tuco Salamanca. However, the depiction of the substance and its effects in the show is questionable in terms of scientific accuracy.
To sum up the unquoted information, Mercury fulminate in the real world can indeed explode, but at a cost. Remember the scene where Tuco's office gets blown up? The fulminate would have triggered the entire bag, exploding everything at once, deafening Tuco and Walter if they somehow even remotely survived the explosion. If the Rex leaves itself open only when it is in extremely close proximity to Walt, using mercury fulminate would very likely trigger the whole bag, killing both combatants or leaving the rex gravely wounded and then having Walt go deaf and on the brink of death.

Walt can try to throw his mercury fulminate at the forest to end the fight early, but it would be risking him wasting valuable material.

This also hasn't even factored in the sheer skill and feats that the Real World Tyrannosaurus Rex has. The Average T-Rex tops at 8 tons, and the largest specimens peak at 9-10 tons. It should be noted that this weight in primarily from sheer muscle, not fat. This grants it extreme durability.

It's speed and agility also grant it more advantages. Its speed was okay for dinosaurs, its top speeds were probably 27km/h in short bursts. What was more impressive is its alarming flexibility, to quote;

However, studies by Eric Snively and colleagues, published in 2019 indicate that Tyrannosaurus and other tyrannosaurids were more maneuverable than allosauroids and other theropods of comparable size due to low rotational inertia compared to their body mass combined with large leg muscles. As a result, it is hypothesized that Tyrannosaurus was capable of making relatively quick turns and could likely pivot its body more quickly when close to its prey, or that while turning, the theropod could "pirouette" on a single planted foot while the alternating leg was held out in a suspended swing during a pursuit.
Say it's coming for Walt in a straight line, it could literally dodge fulminated mercury without having to slow down or interrupt it's sprint.

The Rex not only has the speed needed to ambush and outspeed Walt's reflexes in brief periods, it also has the bulk needed to force Walt to rely on critical hits to make sure he won't waste his blows, which could also be dodged or avoided.. Lethal/Grave wounds on the Rex's side is less detrimental compared to Walt's, as the animal will have an easier time recovering due to it's immunity and biology.

before i continue this debate i'd like to acknowledge a pretty big mistake i made earlier. i said a single gram of walter's fulminated mercury could explode as it did in the show, but it seems i horribly misremembered, as, according to mythbusters, walter's mercury shard actually weighed 50 grams. this doesn't change the outcome at all, since a single shard is still enough to one-shot the t rex, but it would definitely be a lot more decisive if the crystals were 1 gram, as that would mean walter has over 400 of them.
Tyrannosaurus Rex could easily just go in full sprint once it's close enough to Walt and his RV.
yeah, but it won't do that immediately at the beginning of the fight. which is a problem, because walter is gonna get the **** out of there at the first opportunity.
If the Rex leaves itself open only when it is in extremely close proximity to Walt, using mercury fulminate would very likely trigger the whole bag, killing both combatants or leaving the rex gravely wounded and then having Walt go deaf and on the brink of death.
  1. it's a goddamn tyrannosaurus. walter is gonna want to get the **** back from it as much as he possibly can. he would avoid getting close to the t rex at all costs, and considering that he's in a subsonic vehicle, it wouldn't be very hard for him to do so.
  2. the fulminated mercury only has a range of a few meters. walter will be fine if he throws it more than a couple meters away from himself.
Walt can try to throw his mercury fulminate at the forest to end the fight early, but it would be risking him wasting valuable material.
he has at least a pound of it. since each crystal is 50 grams, that means he has at least 9 crystals to throw. he could also just drive away and make more if he really needed to. so he doesn't need to conserve his fulminated mercury as much as you say. plus, walter doesn't even need mercury to set the forest on fire, as he can do so with matches and chemicals.
This also hasn't even factored in the sheer skill and feats that the Real World Tyrannosaurus Rex has. The Average T-Rex tops at 8 tons, and the largest specimens peak at 9-10 tons. It should be noted that this weight in primarily from sheer muscle, not fat. This grants it extreme durability.
that's great and all, but i've checked the calcs on the profiles, and a single shard of fulminated mercury would still be powerful enough to one-shot the t rex.
It's speed and agility also grant it more advantages.
bro 💀 it's average human and the rv is subsonic
Say it's coming for Walt in a straight line, it could literally dodge fulminated mercury without having to slow down or interrupt it's sprint.
"the theropod could "pirouette" on a single planted foot while the alternating leg was held out in a suspended swing during a pursuit."

uhh, no, it sounds like it absolutely would have to stop running in order to do that. and i have a bit of trouble believing that it could stop in its tracks, plant one leg on the ground, spin around, and run away in the time it takes for walter's fulminated mercury to reach it.
The Rex not only has the speed needed to ambush and outspeed Walt's reflexes in brief periods
it is literally average human at its peak 💀

Explain to me in 3 senteces how waltuh doesn't get chased and eaten by a ******* T-Rex.
the rv is faster than the t rex, and contains everything walter needs to make fulminated mercury. so walter can just drive away, make fulminated mercury, and blow up the t rex. plus the t rex is hiding in a forest meaning walter can just set the forest on fire

Why the **** are we putting a guy versus a t-rex, and in what universe does anyone think Walt doesn't just get devoured alive. Give me one reason to not close this right now.

Why the **** are we putting a guy versus a t-rex, and in what universe does anyone think Walt doesn't just get devoured alive. Give me one reason to not close this right now.
this: vvv
the rv is faster than the t rex, and contains everything walter needs to make fulminated mercury. so walter can just drive away, make fulminated mercury, and blow up the t rex. plus the t rex is hiding in a forest meaning walter can just set the forest on fire
Apparently, the T. Rex does have many wincons where it could charge at Walt at the start or hunt him when he's unconscious. But Walt's more likely to win.

& plus, from a VS set up standpoint, some of Walt's equipment could keep up with the dino's AP.

I can always increase starting distance if the match conditions aren't fair btw.

Thx for the input! Even if this thread gets closed I did have a fun time here.

Last edited:
I vote Walter. He knows he fighting a t-rex, and he's smart. He's gonna get a hazmat suit and a car. He throws all of his poisonous gases and fluids outside with no concern for nature as he drives away. He keeps driving until the trex gets knocked out or dies

Walter isn't going to do any of that and he doesn't have enough gasses to do shit to a t-rex. He was only able to poison two guys because he trapped them inside of an RV, that won't do shit to a ******* dinosaur. Walt literally has no means of damaging the thing to any degree and would be scared shitless in every capacity. The dinosaur would literally just tear Walt's car to shreds and eat him.

In what world does Walter White have any means of killing the T-Rex when it is monstrously larger and more durable than anything he has so much as seen. Walt doesn't even have a bomb that can be thrown, and even if he did he'd be eaten before he could do shit with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back