• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two of Nintendo's Archers Battle it out

you can't block something that is a part of a character's physiology in a battle.
It's like if i put Goku against Superman but to make it fair i restrict Superman's liver

you can't block something that is a part of a character's physiology in a battle.
It's like if i put Goku against Superman but to make it fair i restrict Superman's liver
Sorry. Fixed. Is there any way for Claude get a fair fight with Decidueye's intangibility?

Sorry. Fixed. Is there any way for Claude get a fair fight with Decidueye's intangibility?
not sure, physical attacks don't seem to work on ghost types specifically...though fire attacks are its weakness. Does Claude have fire based attacks?

Anyways i feel like, unless Claude has some quick killing move he would get stomped either way. Decidueye is 2.39x stronger than Claude and has homing super-accurate ghost arrows. Besides that he can increase his attack potency up to 4x and speed as well. I feel this may be a mismatch.

Shoot, sorry. How can I find out a character's AP? By that, I mean their actual output such as teratons or gigatons.

Last edited:
Shoot, sorry. How can I find out a character's AP? By that, I mean their actual output such as teratons or gigatons. I assume Decidueye's stat boosts were listed in the Pokémon wiki.
the stat boosts are found in the mainline games where it literally doubles your stats and also mystery dungeon which outright tells you that.

Now about AP. Sometimes you have to look at the verse page or look who they scale to. In the case of Claude and Decidueye you have to look at the verse page which has the APs listed along with the feats.
In this case Claude scales to 1.33 gigatons and Decidueye scales to 3.19 gigatons.
He isn't really in one-shot category (which is 7.5x ap difference) but in this situation he'd just spam arrows til Claude dies so i feel like this is sort of a mismatch.

Claude has NPI so Decidueye’s intangibility won’t really mean anything here.

I don’t feel like it’s a mismatch since Claude does have some options such as Paralysis inducement via Encloser. Not to mention he can guarantee all of Decidueye’s attacks miss for a brief period time via Fallen Star.

Also, if Decidueye is flying, then Claude will deal 3x damage I believe, since his bows are effective against flying opponents, which should narrow the AP gap.

Claude has NPI so Decidueye’s intangibility won’t really mean anything here.

I don’t feel like it’s a mismatch since Claude does have some options such as Paralysis inducement via Encloser. Not to mention he can guarantee all of Decidueye’s attacks miss for a brief period time via Fallen Star.

Also, if Decidueye is flying, then Claude will deal 3x damage I believe, since his bows are effective against flying opponents.
Oh wait he has NPI? Bruj

Lemme write up a proper argument then.
Also how does the bow work? Because technically speaking while Decidueye can physically fly he doesn't have a flying type. Also 3x is good but not good enough since its gonna do just 1.25x damage in comparison to D's ap.

Considering that whatever lazy ass decided not to add any attacks to decidueye imma take some time finding the moves he uses brb in a few minutes

Oh yea btw heads up, Claude is gonna be High 6-A soon, so if this match does get added, it will be removed rather quickly.

Let me get this. Considering im tired of writing out Decidueye every damn time imma call him D so i can do this quickly

D can stitch Claude's shadow to the ground with spirit shackle and make it so he cannot escape
D can use phantom force to vanish and then strike Claude out of nowhere, the attack ignores barriers
D can use astonish, screaming so loudly it makes an opponent flinch and fail to use an attack
D can use growl to knock down the enemy's attack 2x
D can use double team to create shadow clones of himself and trick the opponent
D can spam arrows, massive storms of razor sharp grass and leaves which are sometimes homing
D can heal himself with Synthesis
D can lower the opponents attack by covering him in a storm of feathers
D can boost his special attack up to 4x by thinking a few times

What does Decidueye usually lead with?
usually begins with shooting homing ghost arrows with extreme precision, he then leads into different attacks depending on the situation. I'd say that he actually doesn't fly much considering he pretty much has no flying type moves.

I think OP did specify that it is an aerial battle, so Im pretty sure the battle will mostly be in the air.

Claude should pretty easily be able to dodge Spirit Shackle based on the video you provided, considering he can dodge attacks such as this.

Spirit Shackle won’t be able to trap Claude due to his Commander ability nullifying movement effects.

Decidueye’s stat amps/reductions will be an issue though, so I will probably lean towards Decidueye because of that.

Decidueye can also get into close combat where he will also be a monster, spamming leaf blades and using knock off to knock away any item that the opponent is holding. Also he can use phantom force which is pretty much unavoidable since its basically vanishing and then reappearing right at the opponent and hitting them at the same time, not to mention the move is very strong.

Decidueye can also get into close combat where he will also be a monster, spamming leaf blades and using knock off to knock away any item that the opponent is holding. Also he can use phantom force which is pretty much unavoidable since its basically vanishing and then reappearing right at the opponent and hitting them at the same time, not to mention the move is very strong.

Claude can actually shoot his bow close range. Knockoff might do something but Claude in standard equipment gets 3 bows and has 3 equipable items he can use including:

Evasion ring...I mean it's obvious what it does. Increases its wielder's avoidance by 10.

Hexlock Shield: Increases its holder's Protection by 2 and Resilience by 4.

Aurora Shield: Nullifies effectiveness against fliers.

Not to mention healing items which are listed in standard Equipment

Fallen Star means Decidueye can't hit Claude for however much a round lasts.

Enclosed means Decidueye can't move for however much 1 turn is and monster blast can possibly deal an extra multiplier dmg to Decidueye (pokemon literally means pocket monsters)

Monster Blast: Effective against Monsters
Encloser: Prevents foe from moving for 1 turn

Claude also has these skills to counter the given Decidueye's advantages:

Passive Skills/Abilities:
  • Flying Effect Null: Nullifies super-effective bonus damage against flying units.
  • Bow Prowess Lv4: When wielding a Bow, +12 Hit, +12 Avoid, +8 Dodge.
  • Bowfaire: Grants Atk +5 when using a bow
  • Close Counter: Allows unit to counter-attack adjacent opponents(attack close combat units with a Bow)
Combat Skills(Some of these should increase AP but it's not in his profile so... not here Ig):
  • Monster Blast: Effective against Monsters.
  • Encloser: Prevents foe from moving for 1 turn.
  • Fallen Star: Failnaught only. When performed, it allows its user to avoid any attack in their next round of combat. Effective against dragons.
If we're using a Claude that can use magic then he has more stuff, but I'm gonna assume he doesn't.

Crest ability:
  • Minor Crest of Riegan: A Crest inherited from Riegan of the 10 Elites. Sometimes restores HP equal to 30% of damage dealt when using combat arts.
Items that help him in this battle:
  • Evasion Ring: +10 Avoid when equipped.
  • Several Bows
  • Healing items: Elixirs(99 Hp), Concoctions(20 Hp) and Vulnerary(10 Hp)

Back