• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Howling into Hell Tournament: Lysithea von Ordelia vs Genn Greymane

Probably her strongest magics, namely Hades Omega. Can we please give her Thunderbrand too? She kinda lacks CQC options otherwise and she literally has a gimmick that allows her have sword strikes count as magic attacks.

Probably her strongest magics, namely Hades Omega. Can we please give her Thunderbrand too? She kinda lacks CQC options otherwise and she literally has a gimmick that allows her have sword strikes count as magic attacks.
All right

And Genn probably either shoots his gun or jumps in with Worgen Form at this range

It seems pretty clear to me that Genn would want to jump her and get into melee in worgen form, where it would be an easy win for him. I don't know how fast Lysithea can cast, but it would depend on how hard she can hit in the moments before getting pounced on.

It seems pretty clear to me that Genn would want to jump her and get into melee in worgen form, where it would be an easy win for him. I don't know how fast Lysithea can cast, but it would depend on how hard she can hit in the moments before getting pounced on.
To be fair, Genn is one HELL of a damage sponge, dude took an arrow to the chest and literally didn't care

I am aware, but she does have 2x AP advantage, so I'm waiting for someone who knows about FE to explain how her shit works.
A 2x AP advantage over shit that's fodder to Genn's human form, it's a lot closer in AP then that lol

I should probably mention that even with Genn upscaling, there's still a signifigant AP difference thanks to the buffs given by abilities and skills. She's basically the magic nuke character of the game.

Also, how fast does worgenification happen?

I should probably mention that even with Genn upscaling, there's still a signifigant AP difference thanks to the buffs given by abilities and skills. She's basically the magic nuke character of the game.

Also, how fast does worgenification happen?
OK

Genn usually does it instantly if he's feeling pissy lol

You mean that he chooses the option instantly or he can choose how long it takes the process to happen?
Yeah he can choose how long it takes to happen

He's gone the full length literally once, every other time he's gone from Human to Worgen on-screen he's done it instantly

Oh. You thought I meant HIS transformation. I'm talking about if Lysithea gets bitten. How long does it take it for her to recieve the curse?

Oh. You thought I meant HIS transformation. I'm talking about if Lysithea gets bitten. How long does it take it for her to recieve the curse?
Like, 30 minutes to an hour. There's no time frame specified. Not very IC for Greymane to spread the curse anyway

Got it. So it's mostly a CQC + gun vs Magical nuke + sword fight.
Genn still fights with claws so its still spooky

Plus pinning someone to the ground and ******* mauling them is something genn has done- though it was on Nathanos who he hates. In fact he hates most forsaken. He might do it here but not as a first move

Does Genn have experience dealing with attacks that appear on him? Because many of Lysithea's spells do that
Like, 50% of Mage spells do that(Fire Blast, Frost Nova, Blizzard, Arcane Explosion, just some examples), and Ordelia is very obviously a Mage so Genn would be expecting the worst when it comes to that

Though I should note that Genn has never personally fought a Mage, but one of his primary allies is literally Jaina Proudmoore(Among others, he's seen a lot of mages) so he knows what to expect

Like, 50% of Mage spells do that(Fire Blast, Frost Nova, Blizzard, Arcane Explosion, just some examples), and Ordelia is very obviously a Mage so Genn would be expecting the worst when it comes to that

Though I should note that Genn has never personally fought a Mage, but one of his primary allies is literally Jaina Proudmoore(Among others, he's seen a lot of mages) so he knows what to expect
So he's aware of attacks like that, but hasn't actually dealt with them?

I won't vote yet until I hear some more arguments from Genn's side, but for now, I can offer some arguments for Lysithea to get the discussion going.

Lysithea scales to 655 Megatons, and Genn scales to 259.8 Megatons. Genn seems to scale quite a bit above 259.8 from what I can see. However, Lysithea can boost her AP, which stops Genn from closing the gap too easily, with Fiendish Blow, Defiant Magic, Crest of Gloucester, Critical Hits and wow as I'm reading her current profile wow it's missing a lot her abilities, even ignoring her Three Hopes abilities.

She also has skills that boost her survivability by increasing her durability, speed, dodge chance, or reduces the damage she receives by half, and has healing on top of that.

In addition to this, she has skills that makes it easier for her to land attacks, like Reason and Faith skills, and Heartseeker, which either increases her hit rate, or decreases Genn's dodge chance. Either way, combined with the fact that Nosferatu, Swarm Z (which also reduces Genn's speed), Abraxas, Dark Spikes T, Hades Ω, Luna Λ (In Luna's case, it creates a pseudo-black hole that ignores durability) are attacks that either appear, above, or below Genn, Lysithea isn't going to have problems landing attacks.

I won't vote yet until I hear some more arguments from Genn's side, but for now, I can offer some arguments for Lysithea to get the discussion going.

Lysithea scales to 655 Megatons, and Genn scales to 259.8 Megatons. Genn seems to scale quite a bit above 259.8 from what I can see. However, Lysithea can boost her AP, which stops Genn from closing the gap too easily, with Fiendish Blow, Defiant Magic, Crest of Gloucester, Critical Hits and wow as I'm reading her current profile wow it's missing a lot her abilities, even ignoring her Three Hopes abilities.

She also has skills that boost her survivability by increasing her durability, speed, dodge chance, or reduces the damage she receives by half, and has healing on top of that.

In addition to this, she has skills that makes it easier for her to land attacks, like Reason and Faith skills, and Heartseeker, which either increases her hit rate, or decreases Genn's dodge chance. Either way, combined with the fact that Nosferatu, Swarm Z (which also reduces Genn's speed), Abraxas, Dark Spikes T, Hades Ω, Luna Λ (In Luna's case, it creates a pseudo-black hole that ignores durability) are attacks that either appear, above, or below Genn, Lysithea isn't going to have problems landing attacks.
TBH I think it depends on how well she does in the CQC, cause Genn, like I've said, Is a damage sponge, so it'll take quite a bit to wear him down and let him get close since he is gonna be jumping at or bull rushing her and not letting up

There's also the skills that boost her avoid stat while using Dark or Black Magic. Also Abraxas, which might be useful depending on if Worgens counts as monsters. Also the additional damage boosts from her Crests.

TBH I think it depends on how well she does in the CQC, cause Genn, like I've said, Is a damage sponge, so it'll take quite a bit to wear him down and let him get close since he is gonna be jumping at or bull rushing her and not letting up
I mean, Luna ignores durability, and Genn doesn't resist spatial manipulation, so damage sponge or not, he's not gonna be able to withstand it very well, to say the least.

If she was getting jumped really quickly by a werewolf and had enough time to cast one spell, what would it be and would it be enough?

There's also the skills that boost her avoid stat while using Dark or Black Magic. Also Abraxas, which might be useful depending on if Worgens counts as monsters. Also the additional damage boosts from her Crests.
Worgen in-WoW count as Humanoids, they're as much beast as one Varian Wrynn after Wolfheart, so... no.
I mean, Luna ignores durability, and Genn doesn't resist spatial manipulation, so damage sponge or not, he's not gonna be able to withstand it very well, to say the least.
How much damage has it proven to do?

Luna's a skill. It drops the defence stat proportional to the the user's Luck stat.

Gate, she gets that in Three Hopes, right?

Also, it seems like Three Hopes give her Cursed Expulsion, an attack that seems to be a omnidirectional magical shockwave that works as a "get off me" tool.

By Luna, I meant Luna Λ the spell, which ignores durability. Luna is a skill that is entirely unrelated to the spell.

Back