• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Howling into Hell Tournament: Lysithea von Ordelia vs Genn Greymane

I feel like this match somewhat relies on whether or not Genn goes melee right off the bat. Keyword being somewhat
With a 5 metre starting range its pretty much guaranteed that he starts with melee. He has a gun more to cover his lack of ranged options, gun isn't his preferred fighting style and if he doesnt go for melee instantly, he gets hit with Luna Λ before he does anything useful.

Going with melee would be his best bet, but Lysithea can still just back up due to her currently superior MS and hit him with Luna A then.

Alternatively, Lysithea can first hit him with Swarm Z, which heavily decreases his speed first, before doing that.

Honestly, the only reason why I haven't complained about the starting range yet is that I feel like I've been pushing my luck as it is.

I should probably remind everyone that Lysithea has Thunderbrand, and despite her general preference for range, swordsmanship being her budding talent does reinforce that she's at least proficient in combat. As long as she has the foresight to pull it out if Genn gets way to close to comfort, she should be ok.

Going with melee would be his best bet, but Lysithea can still just back up due to her currently superior MS and hit him with Luna A then.

Alternatively, Lysithea can first hit him with Swarm Z, which heavily decreases his speed first, before doing that.
Genn jumps. That's combat speed.

And what is the chance of this coming out?
Honestly, the only reason why I haven't complained about the starting range yet is that I feel like I've been pushing my luck as it is.

I should probably remind everyone that Lysithea has Thunderbrand, and despite her general preference for range, swordsmanship being her budding talent does reinforce that she's at least proficient in combat. As long as she has the foresight to pull it out if Genn gets way to close to comfort, she should be ok.
Elegy_-_Genn_and_Anduin.jpg

I mean that should be all you need, but yeah Genn is WAY more experienced(and likely skilled) in swordsmanship then Lysithea ever was cause he's used a sword against things stronger then him longer then Lysithea was even alive

Yeah we probably should've mentioned how Speed works in FE. It's more equivalent to combat speed rather than travel speed, mostly effecting evasion and how many strikes a character can throw out quickly.

Yeah we probably should've mentioned how Speed works in FE. It's more equivalent to combat speed rather than travel speed, mostly effecting evasion and how many strikes a character can throw out quickly.
I never said otherwise, I was asking if/when this'll come out lol

Things that lower Speed would be lowering combat speed, yes

FE has two different stats for Combat Speed and Travel Speed

also we shouldn't argue for anything coming from Hopes yet

Glenn’s Combat Speed, even if higher with jumps, is definitely not faster than Lystithea’s MS here cause of how speed equalization works.

I could also argue about Lysithea’s skill feats, but I doubt it’s really necessary tbh

Glenn’s Combat Speed, even if higher with jumps, is definitely not faster than Lystithea’s MS here cause of how speed equalization works.

I could also argue about Lysithea’s skill feats, but I doubt it’s really necessary tbh
Uh, bro, speed is equal, that Means that their Combat Speed is equal, plus the Sith Enclave is not exactly the world's most spacious place for folks who can't fly and just dipping into one corridor is enough to be a pain

Uh, bro, speed is equal, that Means that their Combat Speed is equal, plus the Sith Enclave is not exactly the world's most spacious place for folks who can't fly and just dipping into one corridor is enough to be a pain
I know. Their combat speed is equal, but all other speeds aren’t, which includes movement speed. All other speeds are just reduced by the same multiplier.

Either way, Luna A has the range to just suck/damage anything within a few meters of it, so now that I’m thinking about it, if Genn charges in rather than jumping away, he is basically guaranteed to be hit by it. If he does jump away from Lysithea, then it gives her the opportunity to just spam spells, including the aforementioned Luna A.

Last edited:
I know. Their combat speed is equal, but all other speeds aren’t, which includes movement speed. All other speeds are just reduced by the same multiplier
Indeed

Plus, backing up manually is only liable to get Lysithea jumped on by Genn's second jump if his first one doesn't connect cause walking backwards is slower

Indeed

Plus, backing up manually is only liable to get Lysithea jumped on by Genn's second jump if his first one doesn't connect cause walking backwards is slower
Just saying, but Lysithea doesn’t walk, but rather levitates off the ground while in combat. So I don’t think that applies

Lysithea wasn’t the one who casted it, but the one who did knocked their target back despite being weaker
Makes sense

Could be a good get off me tool

Remind me to use Lysithea for other Warcraft matches, could be interesting...

On second thought I don't want to throw her at Kel'Thuzad... kind of.

Back