• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Howling into Hell Tournament: Lysithea von Ordelia vs Genn Greymane

I don't know what you mean by this. It's just an attack that bypasses durability, and as such, deals heavy damage to enemies that would normally tank, in this case, Lysithea's other attacks.
So... it's a dura neg of unknown quality?
Because it is. But anyways, it doesn't really matter in this discussion since Lysithea doesn't even have it
So... why are we discussing it?

So... it's a dura neg of unknown quality?
It's just Durability Negation via Spatial Manipulation, so it would spatially distort them or something. Again, not exactly sure what you mean by this.

So... why are we discussing it?
Because I was clearing up a misconception. Luna A is the spell that ignores durability which Lysithea has, while Luna is a skill that reduces durability, which Lysithea doesn't have. The two aren't the same.

It's just Durability Negation via Spatial Manipulation, so it would spatially distort them or something. Again, not exactly sure what you mean by this.

Because I was clearing up a misconception. Luna A is the spell that ignores durability which Lysithea has, while Luna is a skill that reduces durability, which Lysithea doesn't have. The two aren't the same.
Does Luna A spatially cut, does it just instant kill the opponent, does it crush organs spatially, WTF does it do!?

Does Luna A spatially cut, does it just instant kill the opponent, does it crush organs spatially, WTF does it do!?
Basically works as a psuedo-black hole that appears directly on top of the opponent. Not necessarily an insta-kill, just deals loads of damage.

Basically works as a psuedo-black hole that appears directly on top of the opponent. Not necessarily an insta-kill, just deals loads of damage.
Is it AOE or single target? Because if it hits an area it could be dangerous to use with a 5m starting range.

How is it dura neg then?

And, if it is, and she spams it(above all of her other spells, I might add) how is she mid-Hax and not High hax?

Because it's Spatial Hax, and explicitly ignores enemy defenses. Durability Negation doesn't have to one-shot to be Durability Negation.

Idk, I'm not the one who submitted her.
Then how much is this fixed set of damage compared to her own defense and shit?

Because it's Spatial Hax, and explicitly ignores enemy defenses. Durability Negation doesn't have to one-shot to be Durability Negation.

Idk, I'm not the one who submitted her.
I didn't consider it as dura neg. It did not even consider that as part of her toolkit.

Also, no. There's no real precedent for her using any spell specifically, outside of the Dark Spikes vs Jeritza meme.

Granted, she is expereinced in war and would realistically would use what is most practical. Considering the 5m distance, the priority bracket in this context would probably be:
  • Swarm/Luna/Hades
  • Thunderbrand if CQC/Nosferatu for healing
  • Everything Else except...
  • Training Bow lmao

I didn't consider it as dura neg. It did not even consider that as part of her toolkit.

Also, no. There's no real precedent for her using any spell specifically, outside of the Dark Spikes vs Jeritza meme.

Granted, she is expereinced in war and would realistically would use what is most practical. Considering the 5m distance, the priority bracket in this context would probably be:
  • Swarm/Luna/Hades
  • Thunderbrand if CQC/Nosferatu for healing
  • Everything Else except...
  • Training Bow lmao
Makes sense

If Genn pins her and starts just ******* mauling her what does she do?

Genn pinning her down is fine and all.

But what stops her from just, backing up? She’s leagues faster than him travel speed wise even with speed equalization, so she can easily just back up and spam spells at a range. Not to mention her having passive amps to her speed, and having speed reduction on top of that.

his Roars also only have a range of 9 meters or so.

Last edited:
Genn pinning her down is fine and all.

But what stops her from just, backing up? She’s leagues faster than him travel speed wise even with speed equalization, so she can easily just back up and spam spells at a range. Not to mention her having passive amps to her speed, and having speed reduction on top of that.

his Roars also only have a range of 9 meters or so.
Proof of Lysithea's travel speed being more then like, above average human?

I feel like I have made a decent explanation for Lysithea's weaker but still decent close quarters game, so it is not too much trouble, can we flip the script and ask about Genn's ranged options?
I'm not surprised if his marksmanship is pretty solid, but unless his gun as a pretty good fire rate, he might just be zoned out from all the magic spam.

I feel like I have made a decent explanation for Lysithea's weaker but still decent close quarters game, so it is not too much trouble, can we flip the script and ask about Genn's ranged options?
I'm not surprised if his marksmanship is pretty solid, but unless his gun as a pretty good fire rate, he might just be zoned out from all the magic spam.
It's pretty much a blunderbuss lol, genn is not a goblin or gnome, he doesn't have machine guns and shit lol

Also genn's jumps short burst combat speed, so that's something to keep in mind as Lysithea's movement speed seems worse then her combat speed from that video

You think if i threw Tirion Fordring at Nemesis or Byleth or someone like that, that the match would work?
If it's second key Tirion, probably not Nemesis (at least in his Resurrected key), since he's undead, and would turn to ash instantly. Byleth maybe depending on how much Tirion upscales from his value, and if he's skilled enough.

If it's second key Tirion, probably not Nemesis (at least in his Resurrected key), since he's undead, and would turn to ash instantly. Byleth maybe depending on how much Tirion upscales from his value, and if he's skilled enough.
The Ashbringer is straight up 5-B anyway lol, it'd one-Shot nemesis regardless

Regardless Tirion has backwards ass scaling to Illidan's combat skill so make of that as you will

I should probably mention that Luna Λ (the spell) can only be used twice during a battle, so it's not like Lysithea can spam it like her other spells.

Back