• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(TWO MORE) Once more, the "strongest" 8-A.

@WeeklyBattles

I know. I'm just wondering how low is the chance. Because if it's like completely out of character... Actually, what can Misogi do to beat Oracle?.

Anyway I guess I'll not Oracle if Misogi actually has a legitimate way to win. Precognition and Fate Manipulation definitely give him a high chance at taking home the gold.

Even if it's completely out of character for him if it means he has a chance to win it's still legitimate

I don't agree with that logic at all.

By this logic I could put Jov Leonov up against Frieza with Speed Equalized and call the match legitimate even though Jov starts of with Mind Hax (Pointing) which Frieza has no counter for and Frieza is so Overconfident he won't go for a Death Beam (Pointing) off the bat but just because he can do it out of character it's a legit match.

Gotta love how people agree to the logic of 'a small chance at winning makes the thread legitimate' when it suits them, but when I use it in in a thread where one character can actually kill the other it's disregsrded

WeeklyBattles said:
Gotta love how people agree to the logic of 'a small chance at winning makes the thread legitimate' when it suits them, but when I use it in in a thread where one character can actually kill the other it's disregsrded
The difference here is that Oracle must act completely out of character for it to happen. It being an abnormal case is one thing, but acting like a totally different person is another

@lapitus Yeah and it takes acting severely out of character for other threads recently to be considered legit as well but they're still taken as legit.

Would you care to provide a thread as an example? I'm guessing its gonna be a rwby one, but its preferable to talking in abstraction. Rwby does get a lot of bias against it on this wiki

Well just because others due something wrong doesn't mean we half to as well.

@lapitus Let's see, I'll use weiss vs polnareff as an example, the main backing argument for polnareff winning was (aside from Silver Chariot being invisible) was Weiss not using any of her ranged arsenal or ranged glyphs because Polnareff doesnt look like he is armed.

Yknow, because peole in rwby dont fight hand to hand and Hazel was a total pushover

Go to the thread Ricsi put on my wall ill be listing all of the threads there

Or Dio vs pre timeskip Yang where it was argued that Yang could win if she exclusively fought at a range and blew him up or played keep away until sunrise, when her ammo has never even shown the capacity to take chunks out of their targets and pre timeskip yang playing keepaway is...yeah

The part about not using ranged arsenal on someone who doesn't look armed.

Note: The character I mentioned earlier is ready to fight Oracle. I'll make the match later.

Ofc she wouldn't use it on someone who doesn't have anything on him, she wouldn't kill him right away without making an assumption. But this is derailing so I'll stop this right here and now.

I'm waiting.

@Weekly

Those are seperate usues tho, we are talking about specifically matches where the only way for it to not be a stomp is the one who would have stomped acting like a different person. I have no opinion on the Pol one, but the Dio had more to it than that.

Basically just the other Oracle not giving a shit. If that counts as enough to make it not a stomp I can just make a ton of Lucetta matches that would be stomps, but aren't because there is a chance she acts in a way that pisses off the gods that favour her

The precedent we set here will be quite helpful to me if Kumagawa takes the L here

Back