• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TSSDK Regeneration Upgrade (WN & LN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the world of Tenslime, everything is made of information. Skills, concepts, the sky, existence, all of it, information. This is important, because souls are also stated to be a lump of information, and not souls in the conventional sense.

Now, the important part are those who regenerate from their “souls”. Rimuru can regenerate from Melt Slash, a sword art fused with Disintegration - a sword art fused with Disintegration, an attack that targets the cells, and souls of its target, erasing then completely. Disintegration is made from Spirit Particles, which are composed of information. Essentially, information targeting information, and regenerating from that is the requirement for High-Godly.

This blog on TSSDK, made by CP (Celestial Pegasus), further elaborates on the relationship between the soul, information, and data. (WN)

Meaning, any and all that regenerate from their souls, which are composed of information, should have High-Godly. For to destroy the soul, you would need to target its information.

Last edited:
i could swear that high-godly TSSDK was already accepted before
anyways i agree
maybe i'm having weird deja vus

Wow,you work fast.Looks good to me.Will anyone work on the ap upgrade to star level or are you guys gonna wait for someone to translate the Japanese version?

I’m humoring myself here cuz VSB is just quiet boredom outside of a few things I’m still stuck around with.

And yeah, I agree. Seems weird ish with how soul=information but there’s already weird complex shit anybody can write in fiction.

• Meaning, any and all that regenerate from their souls, which are composed of information, should have High-Godly. For to destroy the soul, you would need to target its information.
    • The wording sounds weird; if there is no complete destruction of the soul, mind, and body in this context, I disagree because it would not be valid to the definition of High-Godly.
      • High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying concept(s) or information needed for them to exist.
    • For the latter case, if there is complete destruction, I am fine with the point. Though, I think the latter points regarding High-Godly were already accepted in the last thread and the changes already took place for characters who have profiles.
On another point, as done in the OP, I don't think the evidence should be put together since both the LN and WN have different continuity where even abilities and evidence' context tends to vary widely. At the very least, I think the evidence should be separate in some form like by a named section/subsection or by paragraph(s) related to each of the continuity.

Last edited:
High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying concept(s) or information needed for them to exist.
This is a bit of a pickle, since aren’t minds=souls in Tenslime? Given that those are made of information, such as genetic memory, if that was targeted and they could regenerate from it, should that not be High-Godly?

This is a bit of a pickle, since aren’t minds=souls in Tenslime? Given that those are made of information, such as genetic memory, if that was targeted and they could regenerate from it, should that not be High-Godly?
The mind or consciousness pretty much exists also in the soul (WN Chapter 66; LN Volume 5 Chapter 3). The other things like spiritual bodies but at the most basic level are made of information as in the WN or information particles as in the LN.
So, there should not be much of an issue on this part, from related statements.
Hence, if this point related to complete destruction, High-Godly should be fine.

The mind or consciousness pretty much exists also in the soul (WN Chapter 66; LN Volume 5 Chapter 3). The other things like spiritual bodies but at the most basic level are made of information as in the WN or information particles as in the LN.
So, there should not be much of an issue on this part, from related statements.
Hence, if this point related to complete destruction, High-Godly should be fine.
Yeah, and I’m saying that if they’re all the same, and they regenerate from their soul, aka the mind, aka information, then it should be High-Godly.

I personally find Mid-Godly to be safer, unless they healed from spiritual + conceptual and/or temporal destruction, in combination. Otherwise we risk to set a bad precedent by stretching our definitions too far via abusing vague or contradictory areas within them.

@AKM sama @Antoniofer @SomebodyData @Andytrenom @Sera_EX @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @MrKingOfNegativity

What do you think?
I would be fine with that too, I just believe if they regenerate from their information, it would be High-Godly.

The soul is usually the most basic personal information for a person, but High-Godly should preferably go beyond that.

Ant is correct, yeah. I think we've been pretty lenient with High-Godly in the past, this does just seem like Mid-Godly

(note: I am still famously bad with these types of verses)

I am still going to say the wording from soul's regeneration sounds vague. Even regeneration from just from a concept is not High-godly with no proper context of complete erasure regarding the body, soul, mind, and concept.

I would just say regeneration from complete erasure would be more valid, in the wording.

I just want to get point around so the soul's regeneration doesn't get misconstrued for being the main point when it is not.

The underlying thing is information which is a fundamental aspect of existence. We recently revised the definition of High-Godly in this thread and information is a fundamental form of existence that was still deemed valid.
  • High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying concept(s) or information needed for them to exist.
So, based on that standard, I still think High-Godly could be valid which is already accepted as I said earlier.

Perhaps we should remove the word "information" from the High-Godly definition to avoid misunderstandings when the soul is the same thing as information, which it usually is?

The soul is just made of information; everything is made of the information in the verse in a fundamental. So, I don't think the removal is needed in the case where information a fundamental aspect of a character's existence.
Besides, we already have a CRT recently on the topic and information was deem fine.

Though I still agree that judgment should be on a case-by-case basis and the evidence needs to show that information, for example, is a fundamental aspect of existence.

I think that information means not simply the information contained within your fundamental core being/spirit or consciousness, but the code/system/aspect of reality that allows something like you to exist in the first place.

I think that information means not simply the information contained within your fundamental core being/spirit or consciousness, but the code/system/aspect of reality that allows something like you to exist in the first place.
No, it’s the information that makes up reality Ant, not just personal. It’s in the OP, everything is information.

No, it’s the information that makes up reality Ant, not just personal. It’s in the OP, everything is information.
Yes, information makes up everything. Hence, why I think the High-Godly regeneration that was already accepted is fine to remain.

I still think that it seems like an exaggeration.

I would appreciate if somebody could write a list of the staff members that participated in the thread that Elizhaa linked to, so I can ask them to comment here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back