• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TSB awesomtacular upgrade that'll get your atoms shacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the actual clip of that translated statement?, even if the translation is correct i still kinda disagree with a concrete atomic rating but i'll explain why tomorrow.

Simple low quality thread that's straight to the point. TSBs should get their Matter Manipulation upgraded to atomic level seeing as in Boruto Ohnoki's Dust release is said to be atomic level instead of molecular level
Disagree.

While the ability is called "Atomic Dismantling Jutsu" [2][3], the ability isn't actually atomic. Ohnoki quite literally explains that it "disassembles the body at a near-molecular level".

The explanation of the ability by the user of the ability would naturally take precedent over the name. This is just textbook nominal fallacy, and this CRT/evidence hasn't actually introduced anything new.

Sarada most likely assumed it disassembles at the atomic level because of the name, so she's also a victim of nominal fallacy, just like the OP.
Sarada wasn't in the Five Kage Summit to have heard when Ohnoki explained the ability, so she wouldn't know.

Thanks, i'll have these checked later.

With the creator of the technique saying “near molecular” I disagree
Please for the love of everything don't use the "near molecular" statement when that shit is contradicted by literally every other proceeding statement after either from the manga or from the databooks/anime. There's logical reasons to disagree with the OP but this isn't one of them in my honest opinion.

Not sure why "Atomic" is the most used translation when it doesn't even have the "Atom" kanji in it.

原子 = Atom

塵遁・原界剥離の術: = Dust Release: Detachment of the Primitive World Technique (According to Naruto Wiki).

Eh when the databook says it will return to their atomic shape and it's molecular level and then you have the Boruto characters saying it's atomic kinda makes me disagree and say it's atomic.

While the ability is called "Atomic Dismantling Jutsu" [2][3], the ability isn't actually atomic. Ohnoki quite literally explains that it "disassembles the body at a near-molecular level".

The explanation of the ability by the user of the ability would naturally take precedent over the name. This is just textbook nominal fallacy, and this CRT/evidence hasn't actually introduced anything new.
Yes and that it who receives the attack return to their atomic shape in the databook.
Sarada most likely assumed it disassembles at the atomic level because of the name, so she's also a victim of nominal fallacy, just like the OP.
Sarada wasn't in the Five Kage Summit to have heard when Ohnoki explained the ability, so she wouldn't know.
So your saying that cause she heard the name of it during the metal beam falling she thought it was atomic?

How is that relevant when the most recent canon media says it’s atomic? Do you think Vegito doesn’t have a time limit cuz Super contradicts Z? No that’s not how it works, it just means near molecular was retconned. None of what you said refuted the OP.

Yes and that it who receives the attack return to their atomic shape in the databook.

So your saying that cause she heard the name of it during the metal beam falling she thought it was atomic?
I talked about it with Deceived offsite and just decided to change to neutral until he formulates his argument, but Im still in skeptical about the CRT itself

Im in favor of it being atomic.

The databook states it twice, and then we have Sarada saying it. And no, she wasn't confused by the name, as the name does not have anything about atoms in it.

Ohnoki does claim that he reduced Sasuke to a near molecular level, but I think the 'near' part would imply that the attack reduces things to a level smaller state than molecules. So its not necessarily a contradiction.

This has come up so many times now. And been debunked just as many times.

Why would a statement made by Sarada ever be taken over a statement made by Onoki, the literal user of the technique?

As for databook statements, I don't see why they'd ever be taken over a manga statement, even putting aside the fact that the Naruto databooks are laughably bad for accurate information and filled with flowery language.

Ohnoki does claim that he reduced Sasuke to a near molecular level, but I think the 'near' part would imply that the attack reduces things to a level smaller state than molecules. So its not necessarily a contradiction.
That is a contradiction. Being near a lesser form doesn't mean it's at a higher form, otherwise they would just say the higher form especially when atomic is a thing in Naruto so Onoki had no reason to say "near molecular" if it was atomic.

Overall though, this seems like your basic "It's this at one point, and that at another." Obviously Onoki's own word takes priority over others but in the end, this could just be a retcon or whatever. We could just say it works on a molecular to potentially an atomic level but that's my opinion.

Why would a statement made by Sarada ever be taken over a statement made by Onoki, the literal user of the technique?

As for databook statements, I don't see why they'd ever be taken over a manga statement, even putting aside the fact that the Naruto databooks are laughably bad for accurate information and filled with flowery language.
Yeah you’d have to prove the databook statement is hyperbolic in some sort of fashion. But narrator statements, aka a databook statement, is less fallible than a character statement. None of what you say refutes atomic decon.

So Deceived asked me to listen to this clip

And when Sarada says atomic level she says 分子レベル which means molecular level, the first two kanji being the kanji for molecule and the next 3 katakana being engrish for level. So I’m switching to disagree for now.

Yeah you’d have to prove the databook statement is hyperbolic in some sort of fashion. But narrator statements, aka a databook statement, is less fallible than a character statement. None of what you say refutes atomic decon.
I don't need to prove that, the Naruto databooks have a very long history of being vastly unreliable and filled with flowery language, I don't really see why you'd even bother pretending like this isn't just a very commonly known fact, I don't need to go through every single page and statement of every databook to make a generalized claim lol.

As for it being a "narrator statement", I don't really see how that matters, unless you're insinuating that Onoki doesn't even understand the basic fundamentals of his primary ability?

A throwaway line of "returning you to your atomic shape" from a databook notorious for being inaccurate isn't enough to overwrite a very direct statement from the technique's user in the manga, sorry.

I disagree with this CRT.

I don't need to prove that, the Naruto databooks have a very long history of being vastly unreliable and filled with flowery language, I don't really see why you'd even bother pretending like this isn't just a very commonly known fact, I don't need to go through every single page and statement of every databook to make a generalized claim lol.

As for it being a "narrator statement", I don't really see how that matters, unless you're insinuating that Onoki doesn't even understand the basic fundamentals of his primary ability?

A throwaway line of "returning you to your atomic shape" from a databook notorious for being inaccurate isn't enough to overwrite a very direct statement from the technique's user in the manga, sorry.

I disagree with this CRT.
I won’t bother refuting this since I’ve changed my stance after seeing the anime Boruto clip was a mistranslation 🗿

So Deceived asked me to listen to this clip

And when Sarada says atomic level she says 分子レベル which means molecular level, the first two kanji being the kanji for molecule and the next 3 katakana being engrish for level. So I’m switching to disagree for now.

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back