• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TribeTwelve / EverymanHYBRID: Possible Upgrades for Slenderman

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
So, i recently there is something that had been bothering me for a while and that could give huge upgrades to certain character of the Slenderman Mythos, most notably The Administrator, The Observer and possibly HABIT

Basically in TribeTwelve, there is a group of mysterious, otherwordly entities known as "The Collective". They are the dwellers of a realm that exists outside of time and space, as The Observer states that Time is merely an abstract concept created by humans that has no bearing upon them

At first i thought this was just a reference to Concepts as they are defined in Nominalist philosophies, where they simply do not exist and are merely words uttered by the mouths of speakers that created them to give meaning to and described things. However, after re-watching a certain episode, a line from the Observer may give implications that heavily affect the Tiering of the Slenderman and of the Collective's true forms

But... first we need to adress a point that is pretty much the basis of this upgrade: The Theory of Forms

Although it is explained more in-depth in this blog, i am going to give a brief description of what comprises the bulk of this philosophy:

Essentially, the Theory of Forms dictates that there are Two Worlds in existence: The Sensitive World and the Intelligible World. The relation between the two is that the world that we inhabit is the Sensitive World, a material and imperfect representation of the true form of reality, the Intelligible World or the Realm of Forms - There is the true form of everything in the Physical Reality we inhabit, which are their most perfect and immutable selves that exist in transcendence of everything that can be conceived in the Sensitive World, as they were the "basis" from which it was created in the first place, although since it was created from a chaotic and indeterminate non-being, the world remained as an imperfect representation of what was truly "real"

A representation of the Theory of Forms is The Allegory of the Cave, which compares reality and it's denizens to a group of people who lived all of their lives chained in a cave, and staring at shadows projected in a blank wall by passing objects in front of a fire behind them. These people would give names to these shadows, and eventually they would become the only thing that they could recognize as their "reality"

The Observer makes a direct reference to the Myth of the Cave when talking to Noah Maxwell about how humans are "prisioners, bound in a cave and staring at a blank wall in which they can only perceive shadows, a brain connected to eyes and nothing more". In this analogy, he states that the Collective has been freed from the cave and saw what projects the shadow

A brief lesson, from your own world. You, and everyone you've ever known, are prisoners... bound in a cave and facing a blank wall on which you can only perceive shadows. A brain connected to eyes and nothing more. We have seen what casts those shadows, Noah Maxwell. Why won't you let us untie you? You are quite deserving, after all

As i previously said, this brings some pretty big implications regarding their Tiering as a whole. I personally think this could possibly be Low 2-C or maybe higher but i am not completely sure of it. So i will let others say what they think about it

Hmmmm. It's kinda vague but I can see it as a possibility at least

still wondering if this needs anymore responses seeing as only like, 3 people know about the verse

I bump this one last time

This is kind of a necro I am afraid. But since people seem to agree with an "Unknown, possibly Low 2-C" then I guess we can add this? There are like, only 3 people who know about this verse

Back