• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slenderman (Videogames) returns to VSBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea for this came up in this thread.

So, there used to be a profile for the video game version of Slenderman (The Eight Pages and Arrival) but it was removed a while ago (I guess because of the whole Slenderman not being in the public domain thing), however, Eric Knudsen worked as a producer on Slender The Arrival.

This should be a similar situation to the FNaF fanverse, the first game was made as a fan creation, but then the creator of the character and mythos stepped in and helped with the direct sequel.

So, I profiled Slenderman and Kate on FC/OC a while ago, but if this is approved, I'll move them to vsbw.

Opinions on this?

The pages themselves could use a bit of tweaking, but I don't think this should be a hard fix

As for the validity of them being here, it's certain a weird scenario. The first game (Eight Pages) was 100% a fangame based on Eric's character and mythos.

However, Eric himself worked as a producer on the second game (Arrival).

Arrival is a direct sequel to Eight Pages, and even has a remake built into it.

I think this retroactively makes Eight Pages official Slenderman content, and as Eric produced Arrival, that makes it also official Slender content.

Shouldn't be any more controversial than the 2018 Sony movie, which has a page here

Imho, considering the influence the Slender games had when they came out, a page for at least that Slender Man would be fair. The Eight Pages was a fan-game, but the Arrival was made with the help of the creator of Slender Man and, as mentioned by ShockingPhychic, have a remake of The Eight Pages in it, so I don't think that it should be a problem.
But given that a remastered of the game is about to come out with some new chapters, wouldn't it be better to wait for that to come out? In a clip I saw it seems like the Slender Man might have some kind of Duplication or Illusion Manipulation. Though, at worst a page can be done and then eventual additions can be made later on, I suppose.

Last edited:
Yeah ig it seems fine since it got approval later. That makes it a sorta RvB situation.

I strongly disagree with the person arguing for it to be on the wiki because it was influential.

Yeah ig it seems fine since it got approval later. That makes it a sorta RvB situation.

I strongly disagree with the person arguing for it to be on the wiki because it was influential.
My comment was to say that, in my opinion, it passes the wiki standard that a product needs to be "notable" enough to have a page in the wiki. Thanks to the influence the games had, they are notable enough to have a separate page compared to the standard version of the Slender Man, which Imho could have been a problem if they weren't as influential as they were. For example, I don't like the movie version having a page for this reason, but that's a different story. That part of the comment was a personal opinion, nothing more.
If it came across as a "it needs a page because it's popular" than I expressed myself badly, english is not my first language so it can happen.

Last edited:
A lack of notability is a disqualifying factor. You need notability to have a profile.

Being an unlicensed derivative work is a disqualifying factor. You need to be original, or have close ties to the original license holders, to have a profile.

Lacking one disqualifying factor does not override having another disqualifying factor.

Commenting your personal opinion is fine and all, but I want to make our site's rules clear, so that your comment isn't used to justify bad choices in the future.

I'm in favor, Eight Pages and Arrival are technically official products of the character, although it started as a fangame, it is a very influential saga that even had Eric's participation, so I agree.

A lack of notability is a disqualifying factor. You need notability to have a profile.

Being an unlicensed derivative work is a disqualifying factor. You need to be original, or have close ties to the original license holders, to have a profile.

Lacking one disqualifying factor does not override having another disqualifying factor.

Commenting your personal opinion is fine and all, but I want to make our site's rules clear, so that your comment isn't used to justify bad choices in the future.
I don't understand, that's exactly what I meant. The Slender game is notable enough to have a profile and have the help of the original creator to not make it a fan work of sort. I tackled both point in my original comments because I know this are what might disqualify something from getting a profile, and lacking one of this can get a profile removed. I saw that happen many times.
But whatever, I wont continue further since this would be derailing. If you want to continue discussing, you can write in my wall. I wont mind talking about our standards for profiles like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back