• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God general review

This Thread will generally serve to talk about the current Scaling of ToG, not that I'm having problems with the current scaling of Verse, but we've never done a decent review to discuss the Tiers of each character in the work, so I'm proposing that let's talk if the current scaling is good or we should change something and each character (both AP, speed and powers / abilities will also be discussed in this review):

The characters we currently have:

Twenty-Fifth Baam

Koon Aguero Agnis

Androssi Zahard

Koon Ra

Novick

Arie Inieta

Lo Po Bia Elaine

Reflejo

White (Hoaqin)

Karaka

Ha Yuri Zahard

Hell Joe

Administrators (Tower of God)

Zahard

Urek Mazino

Enryu

Koon Maschenny Zahard

Now I will make a list for which Tiers to which character to stay and the list will only be complete when we finish discussing about it:

Low-Tiers:

Mid-Tiers:

High-Tiers:

Top-Tiers

God-Tiers:

Oh, okay. I mean, I think the only god tiers should be the top 4 rankers plus the administrators.

Top tiers are likely any and all FUG slayers and high rankers.

High tiers are probably just any ranker.

Baam and his crew are likely mid tier. Though I'm not sure how his current strength compares to rankers. As rankers are supposed to be a lot stronger than any regular, and they're not even A class regulars.

Regulars should be Low

Rankers should be Mid

HighRankers should High

Top 15- 3 should be Top

Enryu, Phanta, and Admins should be God.

This is my personal opinion on the scaling considering we've yet to see the full strength of High-Rankers.

God-Tier: Phantaminum, Enryu, Admins, Zahard and Urek.

Top-Tier: The Top 100th's Higher Rankers

High-Tier: Higher Rankers

Mid-Tier: Rankers

Low-Tier: Regulars

I guess this makes sense to me.

The problems themselves are Data Zahard and Baam current, we do not know what level they are in and it looks like in the next few chapters it will show us how Baam is going to against Rankers.

Should we add, Transformation and Fear Aura to Data Zahard? He did it to Baam after meeting the first time.

We should put Ran as Town level+ with Redan (since with Redan, Ran proved to be far superior to Anak in strength, though she is a Low 7-C+)? Or is this going to contradict and confuse the current Scaling?

And if by chance a Ranker easily defeat or humiliates Baam ETIM in combat, they, Rankers could be upgraded to High 6-C baseline? Since if that happens, it means they can subjugate a 6-C+ (90 Gigatons) with ease.

Yeah, you can add those to DZ. Also, Zahard must have been confident that no regular could beat Data Zahard if he left that bracelet with him, they should be stronger than A Class regulars.

Complete White is going to solo all the high rankers casually, can't wait to see it. I think he's easily top 100.

I don't think baam has reached ranker level yet, but he probably reached regular rank b. But he has yuri to protect him, so if any ranker comes after him, she will probably be the one to deal with them.

White will probably be the one to save them, the fact that he's coming back means Yuri's too weak to do it.

Also, he already beat Reflejo who was at the level of a B-Class back in the Workshop arc. He's way above that now.

If i remember correctly reflejo himself wasn't a b rank, but the shadow he got from poken was b rank maybe even above.

Also didn't reflejo die because he destroy the ground and he drop into that lava thing that was gonna be used against baam to turn him into some kinda weapon.

I don't think there is anyone that can defeat yuri in the train since she is the only high ranker there, karaka is only a ranker and white does not even have his full power back.

Reflejo stated that he became stronger than a B-class when he used the shadow, and Baam basically oneshotted him. Even Koon said it was amazing Baam overpowered a B-class so easily.

Hwa Ryun made a deal with him, she said she'd give him his clone and souls if he agreed to save them.

I know the shadow is B rank or maybe even above, but reflejo himself is nothing but a E rank. The shadow might have great power, but his durability was not up to the same level as his AP, that is why he needed to dodge baam's attacks.

Reflejo Shadow Form: "Though the power granted by this form is impressive it has been demonstrated that he is also rather fragile in this form as demonstrated by the need to dodge attacks from E-rank regulars Baam and Wrathraiser."

Except that's wrong since Koon himself says the Thorn produced enough power to overwhelm a B-Class regular, his AP is stronger than a B-Class, and his durability is just B-Class.

But Reflejo himself isn't a B rank, he is only using B rank ability. His durability is still at E rank level, his a glass canon.

"Koon himself says the Thorn produced enough power to overwhelm a B-Class regular"

But that is the problem, reflejo is not a B rank. He is only a E rank using a B rank ability, baam only needs to dodge reflejo's abilities and hit him and he will win. The guy is a glass canon.

His durability is B-Class, Koon wouldn't have said Baam could overwhelm a B-Class if it wasn't.

Also, Baam countered his attacks head on so the point is moot, it proves his attacks are as strong as Reflejo's.

He becomes B rank in power, because of the shadow. But he doesn't become B rank in durability, his durability still stays in E rank. You need to bring proof where it says that his durability and Ap are both at B rank.

Also koon can be talking about his power level being B rank, but i don't think he is talking about his overall stats.

The guys is a glass canon, he is only B rank in power with the shadow, but his durability will always stay in E rank.

It doesn't matter because Baam's attack neutralized his, that means Baam's AP is B-Class like Reflejo's.

I'm more interested in the high rankers. I think Jinsung, Evankhell and White will have to team up against Kallavan. Even his second tier servants are high rankers so he's probably top 50.

Honestly, I think Reflejo's whole B-Class regular thing, should be treated as an outlier. Kaiser is far stronger than him, and she was suspected to have power equivalent to a C class regular. This is consistent given her standing as the top D rank regular at the time before Baam defeated her.

Reflejo having the powers of a B-rank regular honestly destroys the general scaling and makes no sense as to how Baam and co. would have been able to hurt him at all. Or defend against any of his attacks.

Before that, he neutralized Reflejo's attack by shooting it. Also, I don't think anyone ever mentioned anything about Kaiser being C-Class. She's been there a thousand years, the average climb time is around 500 years so it would make sense for her to be stronger than B-Class regulars who climb quickly instead of waiting.

IIRC Baam came back with the red thorne, he couldn't dodge the attack so he used flow control to stop it and went behind the guy and punched him. Few panels later, he one shot the guy.

If you can post the scan where baam neutralized reflejo's attack by shooting it, then that would be great.

I don't know how i feel about this one. I feel like what Teon said about this whole case makes sense, i'm not even sure whether Reflejo is even a B rank (with the shadow) anymore.

Also we have never seen a B rank, so we have no one to compare Reflejo's powers with.

Jobbo said he has a good chance that Hoaqin (Small) will be High 7-C or Low 7-B, which means that it will slightly affect the current scaling we have and we will take advantage of this Thread to discuss this when calc is done.

Back