• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God General Discussion Thread Part 5

Actually, that's a good question I've always been meaning to ask. Where does his regen negation come from? He can negate spells that grant Regenerationn, but I don't recall him negating regen as an actual ability while using the thorn.

@Enryu I'm somewhat unsure about the scaling chain. I'm not sure if we can actually scale dura negation in that way. Black hole sphere has always presented itself as something that can damage pretty much anyone in the verse. All of his enemies have avoided being hit directly with it. I doubt it's gotten stronger, per se. But that Baam can make it larger/use it more often and with greater versatility.

That scale would suggest that his dura negation functions something like Elaine's, in that it's really just her anima having dumb levels of piercing power. But black hole sphere seems to bypass shinsoo resistance altogether.

Aqual011 said:
does type 8 immortality give low/mid godly regen ?
Not really; it more a case by case basis on Regenerationn that Type 8 Immortality give; sometimes it does not give any.

Litentric Teon said:
Actually, that's a good question I've always been meaning to ask. Where does his regen negation come from? He can negate spells that grant Regenerationn, but I don't recall him negating regen as an actual ability while using the thorn.
Didn't he negated Data Zahard regen?

@Gabriel

He had that ability listed long before the hidden floor arc. And I'm not sure if it's the actual properties of the Needle that allowed him to negate Data Zahard's regen. Considering that the hidden floor couldn't interact with Baam in various ways. Like seeing his past for instance. He also has the latent ability to disrupt spells and it's possible that Zahard's regen could have been based off of something similar.

what is the name of the power that allows us to always attack first? it's about the Hero Cantar game, I know it's not Canon but still applicable in composite I think

Aqual011 said:
what is the name of the power that allows us to always attack first? it's about the Hero Cantar game, I know it's not Canon but still applicable in composite I think
I don't know the name but I will say standard composite profiles are not longer allowed:

Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.

• Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
  • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite.

Aqual011 said:
Game mechanics.

@Elizhaa

ah ok I didn't know, thanks

btw this kind of ability is often present in games, I think we should add it to abilities, characters like Arceus for example have this ability.

whatever, based on Arlene feat when she tried to kill herself and she failed, will that feat give her type 2 immortality?

whatever, based on Arlene feat when she tried to kill herself and she failed, will that feat give her type 2 immortality?

• It seems vague so can you link the scan to it or the chapter that show the feat?

@Gabriel

Maybe? I mean, magic and shinsoo seem to be different things in verse. Since he seems to passively negate spells like Levy's question mark curse and the spell on Doom's heart. But he can't negate shinsoo effects. I'd like to say yes, though it would still just fall under power nullification in Baam's case. I think it's something we should explain in his techniques section.

yeah, I think it will give immortality type 1,2 and 8 to be safe, As we don't know if they have Regenerationn but they can't physically die, from what I saw with immortality type 8 you can still physically die but continue to exist as a spirit / ghost / etc. so I think immortality type 2 is applicable. but I agree I also think it's a bit vague because it can also be type 3

i can't pay via internet due to governmental restrictions and i can't read new chapters without fastpass so i kinda went back to good ol pirate websites.

Anyways i read up to chapter 480 and lemme tell you that shiz is absolutley LIT.

Dang, Baam coming in with the constant powerups, I wouldn't be surprised if he was like, I need to be faster and suddenly he activated Yellow Thryssa Level 2 and had different feet that were way faster

The problem is the writer also kinda makes it seem that way, like Baam keeps fighting super high level people yet nearly every time he meets another one he gives the impression that he is not on their level. I dont know how to explain it, like I agree with you based on feats he obviously is. But the writer at times makes it hard to gauge based on charcter behaviour and reactions.

Yeah. SIU makes it pretty clear that Baam can only deal any kind of lasting damage to High Rankers either with the Red Thryssa's attacking mode, or while he's using his best skills + the thorn.

Only thing is, he has two thorns and hasn't actually bothered to use the second one for whatever reason. And now he has a shield that will likely be able to block Kallavan's attacks. So physically, he may not be at the level of a high ranker. But now he can use the red thyrssa for attack, the blue thyrssa for defense, and has his own transcendental skills to compensate elsewhere. And this doesn't even include the second thorn.

It's also interesting to think that, up through the hidden floor arc, Baam had essentially been gathering a host of OP stuffs within him. Extra souls, the red thyrssa, the blue thyrssa, etc. And now he can kinda just ask the OPness within him for whatever he wants. So far he's only gotten simple stuff, which is why I don't think it's too big of a deal. I just hope it won't ever turn into "I want to stop him" and now he can loltimefreezeforfree. A sword for attacking and a shield for defending (that can alter their size) seems fair enough.

@PsychicCipher

Pages aren't being unlocked anytime soon. The forum is moving so all the pages are currently locked.

@Enryu I don't think baam should be something like 6-B with every attack, transcendental skills are suposed to be much stronger than regular attacks and the point of the blue shield was that he can't take kallavan's attacks head on.

Back