• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God General Discussion Thread Part 5

Might wanna recalc the tower height.
1. The way Yuri and Evan took to reach Evankhell's floor is the long way and that took em a month
2. There is a theoretically more accurate way. Lero-ro and Quant took 6 years to reach floor 77. Assuming half a day of travel (they can't travel 24/7 and they need arguably around 10-12 hours at minimum for sleep and eating and stuff and that's excluding the fact that quant somehow got advertisments everywhere) it would take them 1095 days to reach it travel time wise. Divide that per the amount of floors and we get 14 days per floor.

@ElajRuengies

I finally read the blog that you did of all the relevant feats of the Season 1, and it turned out that all the feats of AP and Durability ended up being Tier 9 and Tier 8 as I suspected. But damn, Hypersonic+ was something I really didn’t expect and a pleasant surprise, but I still don’t understand the part of Khun’s reactions not being Hypersonic, can you explain me this? So what would Khun's overall speed be then? Na verdade, você poderia me explicar the whole scaling for Season 1 characters (AP, Durability and Speed for each one)

@ElajRuengies

I finally read the blog that you did of all the relevant feats of the Season 1, and it turned out that all the feats of AP and Durability ended up being Tier 9 and Tier 8 as I suspected. But damn, Hypersonic+ was something I really didn’t expect and a pleasant surprise, but I still don’t understand the part of Khun’s reactions not being Hypersonic, can you explain me this? So what would Khun's overall speed be then? Na verdade, você poderia me explicar the whole scaling for Season 1 characters (AP, Durability and Speed for each one)
I'll organize the stat scaling in a bit- as for Khun not having hypersonic reactions- while the knife was thrown when the spear was only a bit above Bam's eye, Khun first reacted to the spear when it was around a face length away from Bam in a previous panel.

Eye balling the distance as 15 centimeters and applying the used spear speed, Khun had about 0.0047 seconds to react, placing his reactions at Subsonic+; thus- Khun's speed stats are:
  • Subsonic+ travel speed
  • Subsonic+ reaction speed
  • Hypersonic+ knife throwing / (attack speed?)
  • At least Subsonic+ Combat Speed (should be similar to his reactions)

By the way, didn't there be any characters in Season 1 who trade blows with Khun (reacting and countering Khun's attacks and so on)? So it would be possible to scale the Hypersonic+ to reaction and combat speed for some characters

is there any form to know how fast this is?
Outrun-a-Bomb-after-it-exploded-D-rank-1.jpg

Outrun-a-Bomb-after-it-exploded-D-rank-2.jpg

I always use it in other sites to prove supersonic+ Base form D class Bam
but i want to know if it is calcable

It have to do something with this calculation

By the way, didn't there be any characters in Season 1 who trade blows with Khun (reacting and countering Khun's attacks and so on)? So it would be possible to scale the Hypersonic+ to reaction and combat speed for some characters
Unfortunately, Khun didn't actually get that many fights- there was his fight against Rak where he had to multitask fighting Rak and protecting Bam, while he was still carrying a bag filled with 3 whole people, so his combat and travel speed was shot during then, and unlike in the anime Khun where there was a fight, Khun just offscreened Hwaryun's teammate, and wondered if it was only the masked person who was above average, implying he didn't have any trouble with the sword guy at all.
There's also his confrontation with Quant but that wasn't a fight either. Nor was his confrontation with Hatzling...
is there any form to know how fast this is?
Outrun-a-Bomb-after-it-exploded-D-rank-1.jpg

Outrun-a-Bomb-after-it-exploded-D-rank-2.jpg

I always use it in other sites to prove supersonic+ Base form D class Bam
but i want to know if it is calcable

It have to do something with this calculation
Explosion speed calcs require the explosion to be an actual real-ish world substance blowing up like TNT or C4, and not some kind of energy attack, and so I don't think the Yellow Crazy Ball fits into those categories.
If one really wanted a speed, then one for the explosion could probably be brute-force guessed and just used anyway, although the calc (probably) wouldn't be accepted.

The low end for explosives from organic dust mixtures is 1400 m/s, and considering that the force completely wrecked the girl's hands but the rest of her was fine her hands were probably the only thing to have gotten caught in the blast otherwise the rest of her would've been screwed, so the explosion travelled... 1 centimeter? (I dunno what the average thickness for hands are but I do own a pair so I'm guessing based on that)

And Bam was- eyeballing from a previous panel- about 4 meters away from her so...

0.01 meters / 1400 m/s = 0.0000071429 seconds
4 meters / 0.0000071429 seconds = 559,996.64 m/s
Or ~Mach 1632.64
(Again, this probably wouldn't be accepted, but oh well)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Khun didn't actually get that many fights- there was his fight against Rak where he had to multitask fighting Rak and protecting Bam, while he was still carrying a bag filled with 3 whole people, so his combat and travel speed was shot during then, and unlike in the anime Khun where there was a fight, Khun just offscreened Hwaryun's teammate, and wondered if it was only the masked person who was above average, implying he didn't have any trouble with the sword guy at all.
There's also his confrontation with Quant but that wasn't a fight either. Nor was his confrontation with Hatzling...

Explosion speed calcs require the explosion to be an actual real-ish world substance blowing up like TNT or C4, and not some kind of energy attack, and so I don't think the Yellow Crazy Ball fits into those categories.
If one really wanted a speed, then one for the explosion could probably be brute-force guessed and just used anyway, although the calc (probably) wouldn't be accepted.

The low end for explosives from organic dust mixtures is 1400 m/s, and considering that the force completely wrecked the girl's hands but the rest of her was fine her hands were probably the only thing to have gotten caught in the blast otherwise the rest of her would've been screwed, so the explosion travelled... 1 centimeter? (I dunno what the average thickness for hands are but I do own a pair so I'm guessing based on that)

And Bam was- eyeballing from a previous panel- about 4 meters away from her so...

0.01 meters / 1400 m/s = 0.0000071429 seconds
4 meters / 0.0000071429 seconds = 559,996.64 m/s
Or ~Mach 1632.64
(Again, this probably wouldn't be accepted, but oh well)
hmmm interesting, But Bam was further away than Yura Ha which should be more than 4M( tho i could forget how big is a meter so yh) isn't it?
thanks btw

btw why do we not treat shinsoo lightning techniques as normal lightning techniques? We've already seen that even 1st floor regulars can reach hypersonic+ speed and further in they become rel+ and such. We have also seen that fire shinsoo acts like actual fire or even stronger, shouldn't we count lightning as actual lightning then?

hmmm interesting, But Bam was further away than Yura Ha which should be more than 4M( tho i could forget how big is a meter so yh) isn't it?
thanks btw
No problem!
btw why do we not treat shinsoo lightning techniques as normal lightning techniques? We've already seen that even 1st floor regulars can reach hypersonic+ speed and further in they become rel+ and such. We have also seen that fire shinsoo acts like actual fire or even stronger, shouldn't we count lightning as actual lightning then?
The verse does, I just raised stuff against it a month or three ago but that got denied. (Also, the hypersonic+ speed is specifically for Khun throwing knives, not moving his whole body)

Whatever then. Could you check out season 2 chapter 94? There's the feat of shattering the calling station and then the shinsoo beam that viole shot that was way larger than it. Any thoughts? Could it reach into tier 7

Whatever then. Could you check out season 2 chapter 94? There's the feat of shattering the calling station and then the shinsoo beam that viole shot that was way larger than it. Any thoughts? Could it reach into tier 7
Firstly- that beam wasn't Bam's doing it was the teleporter.

Secondly- the Workshop Island is about 9.8 kilometers long (source: I calculated the size of the Island a few months ago based on the map view and the shot with the river, but never got to making a blog about it), and looking at the map view the footprint of the Item Calling Center is about a 30th the island length eyeballing it, and the Item Calling Center is about 2 times taller than it is wide (it's a bit more than that but it's also narrower so it sorta evens out), so-
9,800 / 30 = 326.6... meters
326.6... * 2 = 653.3... meters
Divide the base/diameter by 2 to get the radius, do a bunch of volumetric calcs, model 90% hollowness, divide the volume by 2 again as Beta only destroys the top half of the building after the smoke clears, and use violent fragmentation for reinforced concrete because that's the standard and you get... about 40 kilotons, or Town level.

Okay, as we are getting closer and closer to ending this hiatus, let's talk what do you guys think is the "thing" that is making Yasratcha very confident in the victory in favor of Zahard's Army even though we have 8 characters at the level of Top 300/100 High Rankers and several High Rankers bellow the Top 300 on the side of Baam

I presume it's the same thing Lefav/Lepavuv told Evankhell about that has her producing death flags- maybe something that takes control of the Frozen Waterfall?
Like, some kind of device that turns the hunk of suspendium into a giant lighthouse or something?

It's a wild and baseless theory but there isn't much to go off of anyway

Okay, as we are getting closer and closer to ending this hiatus, let's talk what do you guys think is the "thing" that is making Yasratcha very confident in the victory in favor of Zahard's Army even though we have 8 characters at the level of Top 300/100 High Rankers and several High Rankers bellow the Top 300 on the side of Baam
Absorb the power of all the furries and become the strongest animal around is my guess

@ElajRuengies

By the way, it seems we forgot to add Social Influencing to Prime White, can you do that please? Also, can you expand/explain more about White's Intelligence? I feel that on the page we don't really explain how good his swordsmanship is and as I don't know how to explain it in great detail, can you do that?

@ElajRuengies

By the way, it seems we forgot to add Social Influencing to Prime White, can you do that please? Also, can you expand/explain more about White's Intelligence? I feel that on the page we don't really explain how good his swordsmanship is and as I don't know how to explain it in great detail, can you do that?
Alright, I added Social Influencing (finally) to White! Honestly I think his intelligence section is fine as it is, although I might look it over again later

The Korean Raws came in today!!! I myself am waiting for the English translation and am avoiding spoilers like the plague (basically had to mute all of my Twitter...) so if folk could use the spoiler system like before that'd be nice : D

Honestly, I will wait for the chapters to be translated into the language of my country, as I need to reread where I left off a few days ago on my ToG rereading (I was about to enter Last Station Arc, but I stopped for some reason that I didn't I remember, but I will be back from that point instead of starting from Season 1 again, since I remember all the relevant events of ToG before the Last Station Arc anyway)

Back