• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God Slight Downgrade CRT: 2 Redux's, 2 Separate Calcs, and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, with Tower of God coming back from hiatus in just 10 days (in Korean, at least), I figured I'd better get this out of the way now. The purpose of this CRT is to-
  1. Finally get that 2nd person's take on the Bamboo Calc
  2. Get the Redo's of the Rose Shower and Endorsi Crater calc evaluated
  3. Rescale Hell Joe, and by extension Top 300 High Rankers
  4. Other stuff
1. Self explanatory; I got DMGA's thumbs up in March and I need someone else's. Article (here)

2a. On the redo of the Rose Shower- The reason for redoing the Rose Shower calc is that the Name Hunt Station's width turns out to be smaller than what the original calc used (598.78 meters vs. 1 kilometer). Additionally, the redone calc has a second method because shaping the attack as a box seemed iffy to me. Article (here)

2b. On the redo of Endorsi's Crater- The reason for redoing Endorsi's crater calc is that the original calc's angsizing, when I checked it- doesn't get 18.7 meters. It gets (1.67m * (708 / (67 * 2 * tan(70/2)))) ~12.6 meters
Plus, using [the distance between Endorsi at the edge of the crater and Baragav (and the POV) which is at the bottom of the crater] for the radius doesn't make sense, since that would get the distance of [Figure A], while the radius of a hemisphere is [Figure B], meaning it's [squareroot-2] times larger than the actual radius. (Pretend that the horizontal and vertical lines in the terrible drawing are all the same length and it's a perfect semi circle)
The redone calc uses a different shot all together and pixel measurements instead of angsizing; and it's (right here)

3. Transformed Hell Joe is scaled to Top 300 High Rankers by virtue of him scaling to Garam, who (given that she's able to force Evan in place with just her pressure, and Evan's as strong as Yuri) is probably Top 300 High Ranker class, and I have no problem with this. What I do have a problem with is how Hell Joe is scaled to 10% No-Shinsoo Urek.
  • Firstly, for durability- Hell Joe didn't get directly hit by the 10% Punch; it clipped him to the side as he tilts a bit, and it blew through a lot of things behind Joe, but it didn't directly hit him.
  • Secondly, for AP- None of his attacks ever hurt Urek, and right after the 10% punch, Urek completely dispersed his "crimson disaster" by snapping his fingers.
  • Even when the Red Thyrssa took the wheel and Joe got stronger, he still didn't hurt Urek at all with his first move, and all subsequent damage to Urek was literally him acting.
  • As such, this proposes to rescale Hell Joe to this calc (here).
4. If you're still with me after all that and aren't tired of looking through Tower of God calcs, I also need Urek's finger to be evaluated (here), as well as Novick and Ran's clash (here) (as Khun's durability feat is more of an upper end than something combat applicable, given that he was out of commission for at least a day)

Last edited:
I think 24 hours have to pass before threads get bumped...

Anywho, I'm gonna ask staff to draw attention to this later; I'm busy with school rn

Yeah, that's the main thing I want to accomplish- I've been delaying on getting the calcs evaluated by folk for a bit due to school stuff

Honestly, about parts 1, 2 and 4 I can't say much because I don't know about calculations to give an answer.

But on part 3, I agree, we shouldn't scale Transformed Hell Joe to 10% Urek without shinsoo, since Hell Joe was completely outmatched by him, but I still think he should be stronger than 5% Urek without shinsoo (whose AP would be 14.65 Teratons), since Urek needed to remove that anklet that limited his power up to 5% in order to defeat Hell Joe, moreover, the fact that Transformed Hell Joe’s AP being 16.14 Teratons makes this scaling consistent

If you link to the calculations that need to be evaluated in a post, I could ask a few calc group members to help out.

If you link to the calculations that need to be evaluated in a post, I could ask a few calc group members to help out.
There are links in the first message, but there's also a lot of text so I'll also put them here where they're clear to see:

Calc I need a 2nd opinion on: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Bam_Destroys_a_Bamboo_Spear

Rose Shower redo: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Rose_Shower_Redux

Endorsi Crater redo: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Endorsi_-_Baragav_Crater_Redux

Hell Joe Calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Hell_Joe_Does_Corpse_Renovation

Urek's finger: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Mr._Finger_Creates_a_Ravine

Ran and Novick clash: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Novick_and_Ran_Clash

if it doesn't work out then message Dontalk or sth I asked em when i was working on my verse and they evaluated my calc so might as well try.

Alright, so I'm putting this here because I'm currently on mobile and Fandom's mobile format won't let me reply to messages on blogs for some reason.

The formations on the Floor of Death are a recurring feature of area, while there isn't anything else the structures can be compared to in that specific shot, there are shots in other chapters of the rock structures and something else scale-able. Specifically way early on in the arc in Ch 331 Manyleg (big centaur-centipede) can be seen in comparison to the rock formations of North City, and even the lowest the structure gets is still around 3 times Manyleg's height, and the tallest it gets is around 8-9 times before it goes off panel. (Source) Manyleg is so big that Bam and Co are literally riding around inside of it Magic School Bus-Style on a muscle connecting to one of it's eyes, and it's over 300 meters tall. (Height Calc is in the Bamboo Calc; https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Bam_Destroys_a_Bamboo_Spear)

Now, those rock structures are in North City, so they aren't the same as the ones in South City (which is where Urek's finger attack happened), but it does give a general sense of the scale for the geological features, so scaling a small one to be 600-ish meters tall isn't unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back