• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tournament of Power "Golden Frieza tier" upgrade (no, not to Low 2-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS NOT A LOW 2-C UPGRADE, PLEASE READ BEFORE LOCKING THE THREAD AND DISMISSING IT AS A FANBOY HIGHBALLING SOME OF HIS FAVORITE CHARACTERS

As of episode 125 (AKA the one Toppo tried to build hype to himself for one episode), there is a certain feat about Toppo's Hakai

Feat in question: HERE

At 1:30-1:40 Golden Frieza fails to contain Toppo's Hakai, which as it erupts causes the entire background of the World of Void, a dimension of infinite size, to warp. Frieza later turns out to have survived, abeit heavily damaged and out of his Golden form.

WHAT COULD IT MEAN? Golden Frieza and anyone comparable to him would be High 3-A by such a feat

'1) Is the feat of warping the World of Void an outlier for Toppo?' Of course not, given his tier (Low 2-C, it takes a High 3-A to do such a feat), and the fact even stronger characters did that, except more casually (High Priest, Jiren and UI Goku).

'2) Is the feat of taking such an attack an outlier for Frieza?' Arguably. However, Frieza has been for a long time in a casual 3-A, and this one took all of his energy to survive and remain conscious, he does not have any feat that outright contradict that. Jiren, back when he made his first High 3-A feat, utterly dominated SSBJ Goku in their first fight, with the latter needing Kaio-ken to be able to cling to the arena. Frieza got defeated just as casually by Toppo, if not even more so. So there is some coherence in the feat, as, again, it was not a casual tanking, but 'barely surviving'

ARGUMENT: But there is a literal infinite gap between High 3-A and 3-A

Given how we have skipped to 3-A to Low 2-C, we can safely assume they do not assume that there are infinite gaps. Fiction doesn't use math very often, as we have seen. Having character between these tier won't do anything to change such

THEREFORE? Unless deemed an outlier, Golden Frieza and people comparable to him would scale to High 3-A

And who would they be?

1) SSJB Goku (TOP, pre UI awakening) [Equal to Golden Frieza, as stated by Whis in episode 95]

2) SSJB Vegeta [Usually always comparable to Goku until Goku gets the new transformation]

3) Toppo (Base) [Fought SSBJ Goku and Vegeta, although they had the upper hand during both fights]

4) Dyspo [Fought Golden Frieza and dominated him in his High Super Maximum Light Speed mode, took on SSBJ Goku]

5) Hit [Considered by Jiren a threat he needed to take out personally, defeated Dyspo]

6) Ultimate Gohan [Fought against Dyspo and once the latter lost the advantage of speed overpowered him]

7) Android 17 [While inferior, held his own against Toppo, withstood Aniraza's attack with his barrier]

8) Aniraza [Was dominating Golden Frieza, SSJB Vegeta, SSJB Goku , Ultimate Gohan and Android 17]

9) SSJ Kefla onwards [Defeated SSJBKKx20 Goku, compared to the Spirit Bomb]

10) Bergamo after absorbing power [Was intentionally feed enough power to hold his own against a SSBJKK Goku, although he was overpowered. Goku did not have time to train in between his fight with Bergamo and the ToP]

POSSIBLY (I am fine if they are rejected)

11) Koichianator, Obuni, Saonel and Pirina (the latter two after their assimilation stabilized) [Took a full powered Kamehameha from Gohan to take down]

12) Kale (battered around SSJB Goku, but given how Goku seemed not to be hurt and later he dominated her with SSG after his first UI awakening, we can either argue Zenkai was in effect, which would make even Base Kefla High 3-A by dominating SSG... but we might be getting our mind in the gutter)

13)The Pretty Blackhole (While Goku used SSBJKK to break the latter, it did not kill 18, but overwhelmed her) [RATHER IFFY ABOUT IT]

14) Piccolo with his fully charged SBC [Pierced through Gohan's KHM and the U6 Namekians, weakening them enough for Gohan to finish them off]

Any thought?

Obviously no Piccolo, seriously, what is with the Piccolo hate ?

Also, I think Anilaza & 17 are already at least 3-A.

LordWhis said:
Obviously no Piccolo, seriously, what is with the Piccolo hate ?
Also, I think Anilaza & 17 are already at least 3-A.
I think Piccolo might be only with Special Beam Cannon, but I do not want to push this upgrade

He was kicking the universe 6 namekian's asses even by himself until he realized that they were assimilated & that freaked him out

They were getting used to the assimilation. It's implied they tapped into their full power only in the last episode (only to be beaten). Only then Gohan went Ultimate and fought them

There's also that Piccolo beat Ultimate Gohan. Also people are really overestimating SBC, It's piccolo's version of kamehameha, that's all that it is it isn't a technique that is vastly beyond his normal levels or anything like that like spirit bomb

He won against a newly awoken Ultimate Gohan by a surprise attack when he dropped his guard (sadly something that happens often in DBS, and seemingly the PIS button of the series)

My thread, my proposals, and has yet to be examined by mods or admins. If it is accepted, you can go ahead and ask

BTW, I disagree with your proposals, Toppo was trying not to kill Frieza because he didn't want to get vaporized, I was just angered by the Piccolo lowballing.

It's Dragonball Super. I don't think any upgrade has gone calm and smooth there! I have never really seen it discussed. And I have extensively explained why it's not an outlier. It's not '17 wounding Jiren in the back', but 'surviving a semi casual attack from a Low 2-C that caused a High 3-A feat'. There is not scaling, but a genuine feat

I don't agree with this.

Frieza is my all time favorite DB Evil character but I've got limits. Current Golden Frieza is Comparable to beginning ToP SSB Goku (shown when they knocked each other out). Goku is definitely not High 3-A at that point and Golden Frieza was getting casually ragdolled Toppo and he admitted he could effortlessly kill him. Now true, a Low 2-C can effortlessly beat a High 3-A but this is to much for Frieza imo, just like 17 vs Jiren. I would simply say this just proves Frieza has some decent resistance to Exsitance Erasure.

This is either an outlier or Freiza's resistance to Exsitance Erasure.

Nor there is anything denying it except "Goku is not High 3-A"... which I kind of proved by pointing out how BlueKKx20 Goku sliiiiightly kept up... I mean, barely survived with a casual Jiren who shook the world of void.

Just like Frieza BARELY SURVIVED with Toppo. I am pretty sure Toppo would have been able to kill Frieza... but he did not when his attack warped a dimension of intinite size, and the fact he was conscious impressed Toppo. That HAS to count for something besides a cry of outlier (which, let's face it, Dragonball gets a lot when has new feats). It's not like there are so many feats in DB to contract it

Sure it's small, but there is not any 'anti-feat' that brings it down... except Frieza later using a planetary attack as if that were a big deal, but that is ANOTHER kind of outlier

Your assuming Jiren was using High 3-A power at that time which is a no go, and Outlier can definitely be used here otherwise dozens of characters will become High 3-A which is insane... I don't agree with this. There is no way Frieza is Infinitely superior to BoGs Goku or Hit.

Goku slightly fighting Jiren is out because Jiren was heavily suppressed to a great degree and you can't assume he was using that much.

He did. He shook the world of Void before e fighting Goku with his power up. High 3-A by power up. And he even screamed during the spirit bomb clash, thus likely powering up even further

I do agree. Frieza is not infinitely stronger than BoG characters. Neither is Jiren. There is no 'infinite' gap here. The characters of DBS have broken through 3-A to low 2C not caring about the math of this wiki. There is nothing that would oppose such logic between 3A and high 3A as we DO have the feat

Frieza has done nothing of note besides getting destroyed by Dyspo pre-toppo fight, though they were still fights.

Frieza went from Namek level to SSB level by fighting a Buu level fodder for 1 or 4 months, and he's been fighting some real deal people here, which should be considered.

The gap between Start of the Top Goku and 2-Cs is actually well well above 20x, so it's not as small as people say.

@Xan

Your literally saying we make almost every character comparable to Golden Frieza High 3-A... No. Having a feat doesn't mean we will Instantly take it.

I'm not about to go back and forth with you, I've stated my reasoning why I don't accept the upgrade.

@UMR

He got stomped by these "real deal" people.

He didn't really get stomped pre-Toppo.

Destroyed that space cop guy, destroyed the Yardrat, violated Frost, got blitzed by Dyspo and lost stamina after trapping him in a ki cage.

If anything, the whole thing about DBS not caring about the gaps between 3A, high 3A, and low 2C being infinite would lead more credence to not upgrading, since if in the context of the show that gap isn't an infinite one then it makes more sense for a character in one of those lower tiers to be able to not be instakilled by the higher one, or even slightly damage their superior. Due to DBS not treating the gap as infinite, a 3A living through the attack of a low 2C should not necessarily warrant an upgrade even to high 1A, since beings of lower levels in story seem to be able to do the same. While this amounts to little more than their power scaling stuff not matching the format of this wiki, if it works that way in series where 3As can harm and survive high 3A/low 2C, then them doing that shouldn't be an upgrade.

The whole thing is... this isn't that Freiza hurt Toppo, but that Toppo used a genuine High 3-A attack (As it had an effect which is High 3-A) and Frieza BARELY SURVIVED (and took him a lot of naps to recover). Up until then Frieza had been almost relatively casual throughout the story and there is no feat contradicting it.

SSJBKK20 Goku got smacked around by Jiren who had powered up enough to shake the world of void and while he was dominated, he had enough stamina use the Spirit Bomb at full power (to the point Jiren had to first scream to push it back, then glare at it).

It seems like a total outlier when you put it that way. Frieza has consistently been equal to SSB Goku.

He did not power up further, firstly he was stomped by Dyspo, and put up a similar fight against him to Ultimate Gohan level, secondly he obviously didn't think he had to in order to stop the Hakai, as he thought he could overpower the Hakai from Toppo, thinking they're the same - that one wasn't one of your points, but it's worth mentioning.

SSBKK20 isn't even near Jiren, he couldn't see his blows, and a few of them stomped him, he also used it for moments, and wasn't hit that much, Goku lost his energy pushing and falling into the spirit bomb.

Jiren shook the world of void and scared Beerus before fighting SSB Goku, so outlier.

Outlier based on WHAT? What feats have any other character to disprove his?

Yes, Goku has only one universal feat... like... 110 episode agos! He has grown stronger (of course not to an infinite degree, but I think that if the gap between 3-A and Low 2-C was finite, in DBS so would in-between). There are anti-feats... but on a planetary level (from Frieza himself) but those are also outliers (on the low end). Nothing contradicts these characters being in the High 3-A besides... the fact nobody else until now had a high 3-A feat.

He did realize he was wrong when he failed and put more effort. He still failed. ANd yet he survived, abeit terribly worn out and unable to tap into Golden for a few episodes. So it's not like he is a casual High 3-A but EXTREMELY baseline and only at full power

I'm not saying he isn't High 3-A (i did before, but deleted it).

"Outlier based on what" - the fact that Goku's SSB form alone could take hits of a full 2-C magnitude, which could shake the world of void, and Beerus says let off more energy than anyone.

"Yes, Goku has only one universal feat... like.... 110 episodes ago" - So, this random feat should validate a jump from Universe to High 3-A because it can happen?

He didn't power up, also he struggled and was tired with the first one, and kept saying he should be able to overpower Toppo's.

Start of the ToP SSB to low 2-C is well in excess of 20x based on Start of ToP SSB to Suppressed Jiren level.

As much as i would live High 3A Frieza it doesn't make sense for the likes of Gohan to be High 3A but idk really

Tbh dbs powerscaling is just going beyond bs at this point.

I actually agree with High 3-A Frieza though. Why?

Frieza has done nothing this entire tournament except fight Dyspo and Toppo.

It would ONLY be his Golden Form. His Final Form got trashed and this would make sense. Also we already have Goku's SSB KK at like Low 2-C? Whats wrong with his SSB form being High 3-A?

IkaniL said:
Tbh dbs powerscaling is just going beyond bs at this point.
I actually agree with High 3-A Frieza though. Why?

Frieza has done nothing this entire tournament except fight Dyspo and Toppo.

It would ONLY be his Golden Form. His Final Form got trashed and this would make sense. Also we already have Goku's SSB KK at like Low 2-C? Whats wrong with his SSB form being High 3-A?
Of course only Golden Frieza would be High 3-A. I am not that insane to give base Frieza such a tier

... although there was the Jiren dropkick... No, now that is an outlier

If Android 17, Anilaza and Kefla don't qualify, Freeza doesn't either. The only reason Toppo didn't instantly destroy him was because Toppo knew he would be erased if he did so. So no High 3-A, at least not with the current information, and I can't really support At least 3-A either.

OP was requesting Freeza and a bunch of other characters be upgraded to High 3-A. We explained why that's basically not happening. So this thread should be closed.

What about his other suggestions for the other characters? (Which I don't agree w/ personally except for maybe Hit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back