• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
In Silent Sinner in Blue Chapter Six, Reimu talks about the nature of the Shinto gods with Marisa.

SSiB 1
SSiB 2
SSiB 3

To summarize, Reimu says that the Shinto gods do not have true physical bodies, instead existing as ideas that can spread and duplicate themselves as they wish. Even gods like Kanako and Suwako, who have physical bodies, still exist outside of them and without them in their true forms as a divine spirit. This is clearly Non-Corporeal, and also gives them duplication.

As far as I know, this would affect the following characters: Suwako Moriya, Kanako Yasaka, Hina Kagiyama, The Aki Sisters, Sagume Kishin, Hecatia Lapislazuli, Junko (While not a literal Goddess, she is a Divine Spirit, much like Kanako herself).

Does that apply to Sagume? She can apparently only be "tentatively" described as a Divine Spirit, and isn't really a normal God, either. Hecatia seems fine, though.

Noting it as a possibility seems fine to me.

Well, if no one has any issues with this, I'll go about updating the pages.

Done. I'll leave the thread open for a little longer.

However, there's also the matter of Touhou God's immortality. Should they have Type 8 immortality, reliant on faith? I don't remember anything saying that their faith would prevent them from being killed so much as it's just responsible for maintaining their existence.

Well it's not like it would kill them as much as it reduces their power to nothingness.

For example, without faith, Sanae would go back to being a normal human, wheras Kanako and other Gods would be prevented from directly interacting with the world.

Yes, I'm aware, but they don't really qualify for Type 8 Immortality, either.

Seems more like a weakness than anything. Lack of faith makes them lose power. Doesn't seem to be much beyond Non-corporeality + Added weakness. Would their existence as "pure will" and ideas make them abstract or would that just be limited to being non-corporeal?

That's just Non-Corporeal.

Though the thing about "spreading infinitely" could imply some degree of omnipresence in their true forms. Not combat applicable at all.

I've got a curious note. If each God has the ability of Duplication to make as many copies of themselves as possible with each and every one having the same amount of power, then would not that give them almost limitless potential for attack potency and range and what not? Say, Yasaka Kanako is 5-A, a large planet level, yet if she can duplicate herself..say, a million times, she'd easily be star level, so is there a limit to that we're implying for them?

If Hecatia is universal level, then wouldn't making an infinite number of herself make her far above that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back