• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

this is indeed very kek
dx0x0zwwkeia1.jpg

FINALLY, MIZUCHI GOT CAUGHT, ******* FINALLY. I liked this chapter. Satori's plan made a lot of sense in retrospective and she successfully put Mizuchi in a position she can't escape from. My only issue is why everyone didn't start jumping Mizuchi once she stopped possessing Satori? Are they stupid? Either way she's trapped in the underground now. I can only see Mizuchi escape through bad writing. Either a character does something stupid and gives her the opportunity to escape (Like what has happened before) or she pulls an asspull ability out of nowhere that lets her escape. Either way I just hope the series ends here, it seems like a nice place to end it in rather than make the same repetitive song and dance of Mizuchi escaping due to her plot armor.
we all know CDS won't be over yet, we all still want to see more characters fighting (even if it does complicate AP's scaling in this verse). Leaving aside the jokes of characters fighting, this chapter has the particularity of starting a new case.

we all know CDS won't be over yet, we all still want to see more characters fighting (even if it does complicate AP's scaling in this verse). Leaving aside the jokes of characters fighting, this chapter has the particularity of starting a new case.
Let me cope a little with the idea of CDS ending soon on a high note. I need that copium.

I think when all is said and done, these will be the most expensive revisions in VSBW history. So far, I've spent $45 on translations (not including the $10 for supporting the guy on Patreon, that's just a common courtesy), $87 on the Genso Narratograph stuff (shipping costs suck), and I'm about to drop $20 on Hero Yamada-Kun because there's like 0 online documentation of it and I have to do everything my damn self around here. So, all in all, we're about $152 deep and it's only gonna get more costly.

Should mention that not all of this is for VS purposes, I do want to see all this stuff translated and indexed for its own sake.

I think when all is said and done, these will be the most expensive revisions in VSBW history. So far, I've spent $45 on translations (not including the $10 for supporting the guy on Patreon, that's just a common courtesy), $87 on the Genso Narratograph stuff (shipping costs suck
oh. I never thought that the revisions also have a cost and ...What is the Genso narratograph?

oh. I never thought that the revisions also have a cost and ...What is the Genso narratograph?
Genso Narratograph is a TTRPG containing location comments, character dialogue, and a record of play written by or featuring ZUN. It's got a fair number of interesting things going for it despite how little I've been able to look into it, such as being able to social influence Byakuren out of doing a sermon at her own temple, tengu draining spiritual power just with their presence, Reimu being able to "reroll" the results of her actions, or danmaku containing a variety of passive effects (including getting you drunk, somehow).

Also, the revisions themselves don't cost anything. It's just that sometimes material is missing and isn't indexed anywhere online, so the easiest solution is to just brute force my way through with money.

Genso Narratograph is a TTRPG containing location comments, character dialogue, and a record of play written by or featuring ZUN. It's got a fair number of interesting things going for it despite how little I've been able to look into it, such as being able to social influence Byakuren out of doing a sermon at her own temple, tengu draining spiritual power just with their presence, Reimu being able to "reroll" the results of her actions, or danmaku containing a variety of passive effects (including getting you drunk, somehow).

Also, the revisions themselves don't cost anything. It's just that sometimes material is missing and isn't indexed anywhere online, so the easiest solution is to just brute force my way through with money.
The Genso Narratograph gives an extensive map of what Gensokyo looks like? I am also curious to know what is said in some locations such as hakurei shrine or marisa's house.

The Genso Narratograph gives an extensive map of what Gensokyo looks like? I am also curious to know what is said in some locations such as hakurei shrine or marisa's house.
It does indeed. No high quality scans as of rn, but here's a pic of the poster that came with the magazine an interview with the creator is in (along with my beloved Sukusukus).
IMG_2460.jpg

Damn, poor Byakuren, all she wanted to do was do her sermon in her Temple, and you came to ruin it

It's taken hundreds of hours of research.... but I have FINALLY found a reliable source for most of the early Nikenme Radio streams. And with that... there is officially next to no lost content that I am aware of. It feels so fucking good man, I'm more motivated than ever to finish these revisions now that I'm less concerned with missing a spot.

I would bring up ZUN's beer column, but that's easily solved with money. Just don't expect for me to index it anytime soon, since buying all those magazines is gonna get pretty expensive and I'd much rather save money for Touhoufest.

The 23 year old who dedicates himself to making Learning with Pibby fan art of other series weekly made a Touhou fan art.

It's taken hundreds of hours of research.... but I have FINALLY found a reliable source for most of the early Nikenme Radio streams. And with that... there is officially next to no lost content that I am aware of. It feels so fucking good man, I'm more motivated than ever to finish these revisions now that I'm less concerned with missing a spot.

I would bring up ZUN's beer column, but that's easily solved with money. Just don't expect for me to index it anytime soon, since buying all those magazines is gonna get pretty expensive and I'd much rather save money for Touhoufest.
Jesus, Are we close to the big revisions?

Jesus, Are we close to the big revisions?
Maybe? It really depends on how long it takes to go through all the livestreams ZUN has been on, but the rest shouldn't be too bad. The actual research portion of the revisions should only be a few more months at most, while I'm not sure how long the profile rewrites and CRT creation will take (latter shouldn't be too bad barring some obvious exceptions).

Nikenme Radio no context
image.png

oh hey maybe these transcripts will give context to the part deepl originally translated as zun saying he's bisexual and then immediately calling someone a f/ggot (forgot which stream that was in though)

Hey, guys, thinking about Reimu Hakurei vs Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon), im just wondering if this is a stomp (and for who), because besides Arle, Mars is Reimu's best MU

1. Countless hax layers takes a bit of explaining, but the basic idea is that the a god's divine spirit is quite literally magic power itself. As they are omnipresent beings, it's reasonable to say that they compose the totality of magic power across existence (with the exception of magic power already inherent to other characters, but that's not super relevant). Magic power has the property of strengthening one's abilities the more magic power is applied - for example, Byakuren's seal in Makai has been marinating in raw magic power for so long that it has become layered, making it far too strong for Reimu or Marisa to affect with their own seal breaking techniques (the former of which is already layered). While we don't know how much magic power is required to do this, I personally just highball it and say that all of the magic power in Makai was used to make the seal's potency layered; Ergo, the magic power present in one (1) Otherworld is enough to add one layer to one's hax. So, if we took the magic power present across all Otherworlds, of which there are a countless amount, then the totality of all that magic power would equal countless hax layers. This is also supported by how gods sustain magic via their existence.

TL;DR: Gods are magic power, magic power makes hax stronger.

2. Magic should be 4D in potency as it can bind Otherworlds (which are different space-times) together and cross dimensional barriers like the one separating Gensokyo from the Outside World. Ngl a lot of the evidence for this is stuff that'd be way too complicated to get into (like the nature of the soul, which uh... just stay tuned for the CRT on that), so I'll refrain from trying to explain it further.

Throwing Koishi at Gojo didn't work.

Do I just avoid Touhou characters with mid godly regeneration then? I was thinking of throwing Cirno, Komachi and Satori at Gojo to see if they stick.

Cirno can literally just absolute zero his ass and wont even die for good, Komachi is the literal grim reaper, and Satori would laugh and make him her bitch

I guessed so. Welp, I tried. Even concept manipulation wank can't save the guy who is half the man he used to be. Sad to see! Sad to see!

Maybe I'll try with a character without regeneration that high. Maybe Marisa or someone like that. Or maybe I'll give up.

I thought of throwing Renko and Maribel against Gojo with unequalized speed because the mental image of two normal average humans with infinite speed brawling with Gojo is amusing.

Back