• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stat Equalization Tournament: Round 3! The Ancestor (Darkest Dungeon) vs Buzz Buzzard (Woody Woodpecker)

Somehow this isnt dead yet cough
Anyways, Round 3!
Featuring the failure that is the Ancestor of the Hamlet, and Buzz Buzzard, the rightest pain in Woody Woodpecker's side!
Both with clash in a battle, with the wincons being either death, incap, or BFR (as usual)
Main Thread for Da rules

(Edit to include the battle location, which is Backrooms Level 0.)

Let's get this party started!
The Ancestor (Darkest Dungeon): 0
Buzz Buzzard Buzzarding: 0
Incon: 0​

Last edited:
Its action/sight based, he uses We Are the Same to reveal a terrible, eldritch vistage to attack the mind, or, he could tell Buzz about his plan (as merely knowing about it drove the Prophet batshit insane)
Whats Buzz got for a lead? Either Ancestor drives him mad, or just unmakes him with Bio Manip

How much time takes to drive the person insane?

Buzz has Mid-High, flay him will not be enough to kill him
Ah, Mid High, gotcha gotcha

It is stated that the mere sight of his true form was able to damage the minds of the party members when they look at it (that being its We Are the Same attack), so it would presumably be a chip/passive effect. The way he drove the Prophet insane was by telling him his plan, however, i dont remember if the Ancestor showed the Prophet the Heart of Darkness, or merely just told him about it. I would like to believe the latter, however

Ah, Mid High, gotcha gotcha

It is stated that the mere sight of his true form was able to damage the minds of the party members when they look at it (that being its We Are the Same attack), so it would presumably be a chip/passive effect. The way he drove the Prophet insane was by telling him his plan, however, i dont remember if the Ancestor showed the Prophet the Heart of Darkness, or merely just told him about it. I would like to believe the latter, however
Do he starts in his true form? Or does it have to be activated?

Do he starts in his true form? Or does it have to be activated?
Uh, i dont believe so. The battle starts with you having to kill imperfect clones of him to damage him, then he goes into his bigger form (which you can actually hurt), and once thats down, it transitions into the Heart of Darkness

Im pretty sure, since the Ancestor is technically connected to the Heart, it could transform at will. (i havent played the game in a while so i could be wrong, but that sounds reasonable enough)

Uh, i dont believe so. The battle starts with you having to kill imperfect clones of him to damage him, then he goes into his bigger form (which you can actually hurt), and once thats down, it transitions into the Heart of Darkness
Buzz can use his Spatial Manipulation to kill all the clones and the Ancestor
Im pretty sure, since the Ancestor is technically connected to the Heart, it could transform at will. (i havent played the game in a while so i could be wrong, but that sounds reasonable enough)
Do you have a video of him transforming himself?

Heres a video of the boss battle, the Ancestor transforming into the Gestating Heart is 13 minutes in, and the HoD appears around the 15 minute mark. Thats what i can find anyways

Heres a video of the boss battle, the Ancestor transforming into the Gestating Heart is 13 minutes in, and the HoD appears around the 15 minute mark. Thats what i can find anyways

So... Its basically the wincons for both are:
-Ancestor enter in his true form and makes Buzz crazy
-Buzz one-shot him with Space Hax or EE

Basically, yes. The question is, who would do what first? Probably Buzz, considering his EE seems more likely, though, i could see Ancestor's clones tripping him up some (Perfect Reflections are, well, perfect clones basically. Cant tell unless you have some form of Information Analysis or something)

From the scans, it looked like Buzz needed those clay things to erase woody, and the Space Hax doesn't seem like something he uses offensively

Basically, yes. The question is, who would do what first? Probably Buzz, considering his EE seems more likely, though, i could see Ancestor's clones tripping him up some (Perfect Reflections are, well, perfect clones basically. Cant tell unless you have some form of Information Analysis or something)
Also, Buzz can run to the Animator World, what will make him unreachable, since Ancestor don't have Toon Force or 4-wall knowlegeble

Also, Buzz can run to the Animator World, what will make him unreachable, since Ancestor don't have Toon Force or 4-wall knowlegeble
How likely is he going to do so? Thats even assuming he isnt at least driven somewhat mad by Ancestor's Madness Manip/Mind Manip/Fear Manip

But still a wincon
Tbf, it didn't look like he destroyed anything in that clip, just pulled everything towards him similar to The Hand.
Anyways, I think the Ancestor wins, once type 3 madness kicks in Buzz will go insane even if he is in the animator world

How likely is he going to do so? Thats even assuming he isnt at least driven somewhat mad by Ancestor's Madness Manip/Mind Manip/Fear Manip
How work his Mind/FearHax?

He run to the Animator World when he noticed that he ain't defeating Woody

How work his Mind/FearHax?

He run to the Animator World when he noticed that he ain't defeating Woody
Ah, basically, he can attack your mind instead of your body (the whole stress damage mechanic of Darkest Dungeon)
Ancestor would most likely go for mind/fear/madness seeing that his usual attacks wont work on Buzz (or transforms. that works too)

Tbf, it didn't look like he destroyed anything in that clip, just pulled everything towards him similar to The Hand.
Anyways, I think the Ancestor wins, once type 3 madness kicks in Buzz will go insane even if he is in the animator world
I mean, If Buzz run to the Animator World, Ancestor will have no reason to enter in his true form, since in his point of view, Buzz just run of the battle

Ah, basically, he can attack your mind instead of your body (the whole stress damage mechanic of Darkest Dungeon)
Ancestor would most likely go for mind/fear/madness seeing that his usual attacks wont work on Buzz (or transforms. that works too)
His mind attacks one-shot or is like Undertale that needs a few attacks to kill?

His mind attacks one-shot or is like Undertale that needs a few attacks to kill?
Assuming he's in second form, he can do 20 stress, so he'd need to attack Buzz at least five times to drive him mad, or if he turns into the Heart of Darkness, he can just like-
Use Come Unto Your Maker can just nuke (but that takes time and Buzz could just yeet outta there)

Assuming he's in second form, he can do 20 stress, so he'd need to attack Buzz at least five times to drive him mad, or if he turns into the Heart of Darkness, he can just like-
Use Come Unto Your Maker can just nuke (but that takes time and Buzz could just yeet outta there)
That kinda sounds like game mechanics and would imply Madness resistance for the other characters instead of meaning the Ancestor needs to attack multiple times
altough idk much about Darkest Dungeon

I mean, If Buzz run to the Animator World, Ancestor will have no reason to enter in his true form, since in his point of view, Buzz just run of the battle
Uh, would it? If he broke the 4th wall it would kinda look like he just disappeared or teleported away, but that's fair I guess

Back