• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stat Equalization Tournament: Round 2! Anna (EBF5) vs Apocalypse Bird (Lobotomy Corp.) (0-0-0)

Welcome, one and all, to round two of my Stats Equal Tournament
While Dark Enchantress Cookie and Goku are fighting it out, heres another match to debate on
As usual, the main thread that explains all rules and combatants

Now, our two fighters are Anna, the Greenwood Ranger and Nature Girl of Epic Battle Fantasy, facing off the unfortunate Apocalypse Bird of Lobotomy Corp.
Wincons are death, BFR, and incap as per usual
Battle location takes place in Tokyo, Japan
Now, who's gonna be the one to advance to the next stage?
Nature Girl: 0
Freaky Ass Bird: 0
Inconclusive: 0​

Since im a EBF supporter, i guess ill give my two cents on why i think Anna wins

She just has way too much for Bird to handle, and even if Bird could kill Anna- she has Type 8 Immortality, along Morality Manip being something Anna could resist due to her resisting Mind Manip with her equipment. Now, Anna would be unable to kill Apoc Bird due to it being a Abstract Existence, but she can still bog the bird down with Plant and Ice Manip (Vines and Ivy can wrap around, and Frost Arrow can freeze its target.)

In addition, she could just Seal Apoc Bird by literally shoving it in a box and making it her pet.

There are literally so many options Anna have to either incap, or seal Apoc Bird

Will now wait for any Apoc Bird/Lobotomy Corp supporters, but nature girl has my own vote

Is the mind manip resistance 4D? Or did that smurf hax removal thread finally go through? Because it is accepted to be 4D here
I believe so, as she is able to resist the effects of Confuse through gear (which is applied by a whole plethora of enemies and causes you to do actions without any player input), with its most powerful inflictor being The Devourer (no clue how to move links to not be the first thing in the message, but whatever), a being who has reset the entire EBF universe at least 4 times (this game being the 5th reset, which seems to be a Low Complex Multi scaling, in which Anna scales to by beating the Dev), so, yeah, i think its 5D/6D

im trying here

Question, does Apocalypse Bird resist Sealing? Anna isnt going to be able to kill it, that i know, but that doesnt mean she wouldnt try to shove it into a box and make it her pet (Capture Foe tactic, which captures a foe in a box, and later on, you can summon them in battle for different effects)

Question, does Apocalypse Bird resist Sealing? Anna isnt going to be able to kill it, that i know, but that doesnt mean she wouldnt try to shove it into a box and make it her pet (Capture Foe tactic, which captures a foe in a box, and later on, you can summon them in battle for different effects)
With haxes that work on a 5D entity, I'm not sure that'd be useful

Though I noticed Devourer didn't have HDE. That's usually pretty important for smurf haxes because you can somehow be 3-D physically despite taking hits from and hurting 5D beings

Last edited:
Dev only has his HDE while he's outside of the game after you defeat him, so does that mean Anna's Mind Manip Resist wont work? (oh yeah, i uh- updated the main thread to clarify when i equalized everything, i mentioned dimensionality being added to that as well. THought i should mention it now rather then later)

Edit to include that Anna could still cure her madness with Refresh, which grants her Blessed, and Blessed cures you of Confused, and prevents it as well. That does depend on what the Madness Apoc Bird inflicts does, but it would be reasonable to assume Anna could curse it with Refresh

Last edited:
Dev only has his HDE while he's outside of the game after you defeat him, so does that mean Anna's Mind Manip Resist wont work?
That would mean she wouldn't scale, yeah
Edit to include that Anna could still cure her madness with Refresh, which grants her Blessed, and Blessed cures you of Confused, and prevents it as well. That does depend on what the Madness Apoc Bird inflicts does, but it would be reasonable to assume Anna could curse it with Refresh
Is it automatic? And remember, this is a passive so it can be reapplied very quickly

That would mean she wouldn't scale, yeah

Is it automatic? And remember, this is a passive so it can be reapplied very quickly
Anna has this, The Summer Kimono, which basically auto-applies Bless to Anna on every turn, but since turns are a gameplay mechanic, it would be safe to assume it would passively keep her Blessed. It also has the interesting side effect of applying the Cherry Blossom Weather (which provides an area wide Haste buff (which would be speeding up the time of the one with Haste), though, Anna has access to the Dispel spell, and Nitro Arrow (Bomb Manip) also has a chance to Dispel whatever it hits

As long as Anna keeps the Kimono on (which im sure she would), she would be fine

(Oh yeah, the time it takes to swap all equipment out to a new set takes like 1-2 seconds, and presumably as soon as the Kimono comes on its effects would take place. How long does Apoc Bird need for Passive Madness to take effect, assuming not instant?)

(Oh yeah, the time it takes to swap all equipment out to a new set takes like 1-2 seconds, and presumably as soon as the Kimono comes on its effects would take place. How long does Apoc Bird need for Passive Madness to take effect, assuming not instant?)
Actually its passive madness is instant

Actually its passive madness is instant
Huh, i see. This a is a bit of a pickle. Anna would have to start with her Kimono on, or we could composite all of her equipment effects into one big outfit.

Feels like this match would hang in that sorta balance. EIther Anna doesnt start with the Kimono on and bawls in a corner while driven mad while Bird t-poses, or Anna starts with all armor/helmet effects comp'd and Bird gets porcupined with an endless barrage of elemental arrows.

Feels like this match would hang in that sorta balance. EIther Anna doesnt start with the Kimono on and bawls in a corner while driven mad while Bird t-poses, or Anna starts with all armor/helmet effects comp'd and Bird gets porcupined with an endless barrage of elemental arrows.
You wanna just flip a coin?

With haxes that work on a 5D entity, I'm not sure that'd be useful

Though I noticed Devourer didn't have HDE. That's usually pretty important for smurf haxes because you can somehow be 3-D physically despite taking hits from and hurting 5D beings
Ironically I've tried to get HDE but stuck in a 1-1 in staff votes the horrific curses of being in teir 1 and even after sending this to 5+ thread mods 2 months ago. 😔

The only hax that Anna has that's smurfed is
  • Passive Law Manipulation via Probability Manipulation (The players as just conscious beings bring chaos and uncertainty to the Devourer's system and obey no laws, even exploiting the very laws he's created)
  • Plot and Fate Manipulation (Via the player, who is canonically controlling their fates to make them succeed in their journey and defies the Devourer's control over the system through the player outside of EBF universe)
The first is practically hax vs hax against the Devourer over control of the ebf 5 5D spacetime.
The latter is mostly from the player who exists beyond the ebf 5 universe.

The only hax that Anna has that's smurfed is
  • Passive Law Manipulation via Probability Manipulation (The players as just conscious beings bring chaos and uncertainty to the Devourer's system and obey no laws, even exploiting the very laws he's created)
  • Plot and Fate Manipulation (Via the player, who is canonically controlling their fates to make them succeed in their journey and defies the Devourer's control over the system through the player outside of EBF universe)
The first is practically hax vs hax against the Devourer over control of the ebf 5 5D spacetime.
The latter is mostly from the player who exists beyond the ebf 5 universe.
In case you havent read the main thread for the rules, those hax have been restricted so Anna doesnt easily sweep the tournament lol

In case you havent read the main thread for the rules, those hax have been restricted so Anna doesnt easily sweep the tournament lol
Oh, then nevermind then Anna probably gets mind hax at the start. She doesn't have those skill bonus passives like Natalie's Immunity x2 in ebf 2.

Oh, then nevermind then Anna probably gets mind hax at the start. She doesn't have those skill bonus passives like Natalie's Immunity x2 in ebf 2.
Waiting on a coinflip to see if we're going to comp all of Anna's gear into one, so she gets her Blessed stuff (and the Mind Manip wont work on her because Blesses blocks Confusion and yada yada)

Question, how does Apoc Bird's passive madness hax work? Looking at its profile, it says that it "passively inflicts fear on those that look at it" so if Anna doesnt look at it, would she be safe?

Alternate question, how long does it last? Incap rules state 24 hours, i believe, so if it ends before then and Anna isnt observing it, she could get her proper gear on and continue the fight.
Just like being sure of things

If it's a sight based passive then most of Anna's magic animation is playing the ocarina so she could use the bless spell without looking at it. Still kinda of tight coin flip if she leads with it.

Either she leads with Refresh to set up Bless, or she starts off with the Summer Kimono, which automatically applies Bless to her

Yeah both combatants are kinda stuck in a bind of neither can really kill one or the other effectively and not sure if the rules of every stat being equalized applies to Smurf stuff

Yeah both combatants are kinda stuck in a bind of neither can really kill one or the other effectively and not sure if the rules of every stat being equalized applies to Smurf stuff
I mean, i did add the fact that dimensionality was equalized in the main thread along with most other stats (thats also why i added BFR/Incap as a wincon as well)

Im probably going to just comp Anna's armor and weapons anyways, considering i think it may be assumed. Oh well, so Anna would just have her passive Bless effect so Apoc Bird wont be able to just Madness **** her
Anna cant really kill Apoc Bird, but she can just- like- shove it in the box. Or bog it down with an endless amount of debuffs. Or both!

I'll vote Anna if that's the case, also bow thawack could just send the bird retreating with social influence

I'll vote Anna if that's the case, also bow thawack could just send the bird retreating with social influence
Oh yeah, i forgor about Bow Whack, but the idea of Anna capturing Apoc Bird to use as a summon is funnier in my opinion
Ill just wait for some more votes if this is the case

Back