• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Woody Woodpecker: Low 2-C, more Plot Manipulation and more Hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump

Votes Agreeing
Abilities (1)

• Limited Power Nullification (0)
  • NOTE: Limited Power Nullification for Technology Manipulation (1)
Resistances (2)
Statistics (2)
Changes (2)

I admit I may be wrong about it being a small scene

If he's animating the episodes I can agree to a low 2-C
So how do you want me to mark your vote?

Amazing job on the abilities, p straight forward I find the low 2-C Stuff as mentioned pretty well constructed and just to be clear the low 2-C stuff is "low 2-c with the pen" right? (and yes this is an agree)

Hello

Introduction

This is a P&A update, stats and some changes as well.

Some things will involve Low 2-C and Plot Manipulation. So after the additions to the P&A I'll add an additional explanation for these justifications.

P&A
Abilities

Resistances
Statistics
Explanation: Low 2-C, Plot Manipulation and Reality Warping
First, I have to show why the "World of Episodes" is a Low 2-C structure

"World of Episodes" is the term I'm going to use for the world in which the Woody Woodpecker show takes place.
"World of Episodes"
Space Size

Time (To be a space-time continuum)
Conclusion:
  • "World of Episodes" is a Low 2-C structure.
When Buzz uses the pen, he affects/erases the entire World of Episodes.

And also when the pen breaks, Woody says: "How are they going to animate the next episode?". Indicating that they animate the episodes of the cartoon like this.

And an animator has already appeared redrawing a scene from the cartoon.

And like Bonus, in a Time Travel episode, Woody is told that it wasn't his favorite "episode".

So I think it's made pretty clear that the pen's powers are Low 2-C/4D in that it can affect this entire Episode World.

Let's start.

Many may think "Why does it have to be Plot Manipulation and not Reality Warping?"

The main difference between these two powers is their context. If metafictional context is present, the skill is Plot Manipulation, and if metafictional context is not present, the skill is Reality Warping.

Then I will present the metafictional context.
As you can see, a lot of metafictional context, since not only are they "distorting reality", they are manipulating the "World of Episodes" that is in an animation tool and that is where the episodes of the cartoon take place.
-
-
-
But the question is, why did I also put Reality Warping?

Well, Woody also uses the pen in "Animator's World", and there's no metafictional context here, so I put both. If someone says they don't always need to show the metafictional context if they've already shown it before, I can remove the Reality Warping I put.
Like the animator's pen, it's a level thing.

I will do it the same way as in the Anos Profile

In the P&A section of Anos there is a tabber written "with Venuzdonoa", it lists the powers of the weapon.

I'll do the same with the animator pen.

Changes
Alright, here I'm going to swap out some skills accepted in the profile for others and change a few things about the default gear.

Let's start.
-
-
-

In all these scenes, Woody doesn't "create" anything, he pulls it from somewhere.

That would be Dimensional Storage.

So Creation will be replaced by Dimensional Storage.

Standard Equipment.
Woody has these things as Optional Equipment:

And here I'm going to make these below become his Standard Equipment:
But why? Because those two pieces of equipment he used were taken by his Dimensional Storage. So he can always bring those two equipments from that skill.

EDIT: In the P&A section it will look like this:
In the P&A section the name Optional Equipment will be changed to Equipment.

And it will stay like this on the list

Votes
Agree:
(2;0) @Lonkitt (NOTE: Limited Power Nullification for Technology Manipulation), @LordGriffin1000 (Neutral in Abilities)

Neutral:

Disagree
Sorry if this was already in the profile and I missed it, but more evidence for Woody, he can exist outside the scope of his episode in the black void after it has ended. In Wicket Wacky, as the closing dark color swallowed everything along with his body, only his head was left. Woody was perfectly fine and in this black void outside the episode's world as just the head.

Sorry if this was already in the profile and I missed it, but more evidence for Woody, he can exist outside the scope of his episode in the black void after it has ended. In Wicket Wacky, as the closing dark color swallowed everything along with his body, only his head was left. Woody was perfectly fine and in this black void outside the episode's world as just the head.
This is yet another feat of support for resistance to plot manipulation. Since Woody isn't really affected by the ending of his episode.

Okay, everything seems fine to me but i disagree with Causality Manip as it's seems like toon force to me.

Okay, everything seems fine to me but i disagree with Causality Manip as it's seems like toon force to me.
But what toon force prevents this? Just because something is toon force doesn't mean that's all it is.

Toon force would be similar to Reality Warping and Magic in the sense that through it the character can do various application things.
Similarly to Reality Warping or Magic, Toon force has uncountable applications and virtually no users are able to employ all of them. As such other abilities archieved through this power should be listed on the page to specify the scope of the character's use of Toon Force.

- Toon Force page
Here it explicitly says that through Toon Force other powers can come, such as magic or Reality Warping.

We don't just give "Magic" to someone who uses elemental or temporal or other powers because it is done through magic. And we don't just give Reality Warping to someone who uses this power to manipulate space and time.

But what toon force prevents this? Just because something is toon force doesn't mean that's all it is.

Toon force would be similar to Reality Warping and Magic in the sense that through it the character can do various application things.

Here it explicitly says that through Toon Force other powers can come, such as magic or Reality Warping.

We don't just give "Magic" to someone who uses elemental or temporal or other powers because it is done through magic. And we don't just give Reality Warping to someone who uses this power to manipulate space and time.
Okay, it seems that I did not explain well, if I had to say in which possible uses they would apply it would be in the Reality Warping.

The reason I did not suggest reality warping would be because of the following excerpt.
It should not be confused with Reality Warping, which can affect reality in more serious ways.

And since suit well with the following
The users bend reality in such a way to make situations "Comedic" and "Funny."

And the limitation seems to make sense based on the feat.
  • The users might be limited to what counts as "funny".

Okay, it seems that I did not explain well, if I had to say in which possible uses they would apply it would be in the Reality Warping.

The reason I did not suggest reality warping would be because of the following excerpt.

And since suit well with the following

And the limitation seems to make sense based on the feat.
Woody Woodpecker already has toon force. Since he's a character that's his essence, like Looney Tunes.

What I'm saying is that just because it's within the Toon force, doesn't mean that the skills derived from it can't be indexed.

Let's say a guy has fire magic. Just because he does this through Magic we are not going to list his fire ability?

Or a better example.

Mxyzptlk's core ability is Reality Warping.
Reality Warping (Mister Mxyzptlk's main ability is Reality Warping)

Just because everything he does is Reality Warping doesn't mean we won't list what he's capable of doing with his main power.

It's the same thing for Woody, as a toon character, practically everything he does could be classified as "toon force" such as pulling items out of thin air like weapons or objects, but even so we list ourselves as dimensional storage and not just "toon force".

Also, I wouldn't focus so much on the limitations on the page, because it's just "Possible". Woody has used his powers to kill other guys, and "funny" is a real thing. Woody does what the "script" needs to entertain people, it's not a literal weakness that he has to "just do funny things".

What I'm saying is that just because it's within the Toon force, doesn't mean that the skills derived from it can't be indexed.
Well, i'm not opposing to this, i just don't think causality manipulation suits, for that i'd rather use reality warping.

Well, i'm not opposing to this, i just don't think causality manipulation suits, for that i'd rather use reality warping.
I mean, I know it's a controversial thing. It was just an ability that was "left over", because I don't think it's attack reflection or damage transfer like I said above.

But don't you think I could be a reflection of an attack? Considering that while the guillotine was falling the cutting effect was going on Woody's antagonist in this episode?

Anyway, I'll count your vote soon.

Votes Agreeing
Abilities (2)

• Limited Power Nullification (1)
  • Damage Transfel (1)
  • Causality Manipulation (1)
Resistances (3)
Statistics (3)
Changes (3)

Last edited:
But don't you think I could be a reflection of an attack? Considering that while the guillotine was falling the cutting effect was going on Woody's antagonist in this episode?
Tbh, i think Damage transferal would suit better instead of Attack reflection. But the reason why I don't think it could be would be the effect, the guillotine in theory should have cut off his head, if it was Damage transferal or attack reflection he would have been decapitated but here the "funny" factor was what prevented this, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

It seems to me that Damage Transferal works. Some characters reallocate the damage somewhere else, the target doesn't need to take damage in the exact same way they'd have, only a similar amount. In this case damage from the guillotine was transferred to the back instead of the head.

It seems to me that Damage Transferal works. Some characters reallocate the damage somewhere else, the target doesn't need to take damage in the exact same way they'd have, only a similar amount. In this case damage from the guillotine was transferred to the back instead of the head.
If this is accurate then Damage Transferal should do the work here.

Tbh, i think Damage transferal would suit better instead of Attack reflection. But the reason why I don't think it could be would be the effect, the guillotine in theory should have cut off his head, if it was Damage transferal or attack reflection he would have been decapitated but here the "funny" factor was what prevented this, so I'm not sure what to suggest.
If this is accurate then Damage Transferal should do the work here.
It cannot be damage transfer. Before the guillotine reached Woody, it was already cutting the bear.

Just listen to the audio. As the blade was coming down, it was cutting the bear, before it even got close to Woody.

It cannot be damage transfel because the page says that the user has to receive damage to use this power. Woody hadn't taken any damage.
Damage Transferal is the ability to duplicate the wounds an individual has suffered from on to their opponent or other individuals or objects.
Transferring wounds does not necessarily remove the wounds from the afflicted user. This ability is not to be confused with Attack Reflection, which reflects attacks rather than transfer injuries.

It cannot be damage transfer. Before the guillotine reached Woody, it was already cutting the bear.

Just listen to the audio. As the blade was coming down, it was cutting the bear, before it even got close to Woody.

It cannot be damage transfel because the page says that the user has to receive damage to use this power. Woody hadn't taken any damage.
Not true.
The ability can also be used to have the target such as an object or person take damage for the user or have the target suffer the same damage they have suffered.
This character has the ability of damage transfer and no one ever laid a finger on him.

No.

As stated the target can take damage for the user.
Was that exactly what I said? The damage transfer user must receive damage.

It is explicitly said on the page.
Damage Transferal is the ability to duplicate the wounds an individual has suffered from on to their opponent or other individuals or objects.

And it is also explicitly said that damage transfers transfers wounds.
Transferring wounds does not necessarily remove the wounds from the afflicted user. This ability is not to be confused with Attack Reflection, which reflects attacks rather than transfer injuries.

Woody wasn't hurt, and the attack hadn't even reached him while he was cutting the bear.
-
-
-
And what you mentioned doesn't exactly refute "taking damage for the user". That damage didn't even come close to Woody.

It's not like the guillotine hit Woody and the damage went to the bear. Before getting to Woody, Woody was already fixed.

It would be as if I shot someone, and while the bullet was traveling through the air, it was causing me harm.

Well, this guy's power is explicitly said to transfer harm to others. And that he will not suffer damage because the damage goes elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll count dereck's vote.

Probably these two most controversial skills (nullification of power and causality) will be left for another topic, since the "skills" section will probably get 3 first votes and I don't want to prolong this specific crt any longer, since I don't want to stay prolonging possible agreements.

Was that exactly what I said? The damage transfer user must receive damage.

It is explicitly said on the page.
Please do not just ignore the other uses of the ability.
The ability can also be used to have the target such as an object or person take damage for the user
This means that the user will not take the damage but the target.

Please do not just ignore the other uses of the ability.

This means that the user will not take the damage but the target.
This seems more like attacking reflection to me.

But anyway, I already told you.
Votes Agreeing
Abilities (2)

• Limited Power Nullification (1)
  • Damage Transfel (1)
  • Causality Manipulation (1)
Resistances (3)
Statistics (3)
Changes (3)
Thank you for your time, especially with the time this crt has been active.

Well, this guy's power is explicitly said to transfer harm to others. And that he will not suffer damage because the damage goes elsewhere.
This is meant as a back-up example to show that characters don't need to first take damage before they qualify for damage transferal. What is required is to reallocate the damage elsewhere. Damage never hit-confirms on that example, no one draws a drop of blood out of him. He reallocates every time before it hurts him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back