• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Devourer gets digital

The Devourer after being destroyed by the players he sends his Data to the "player's" Higher Dimension. In a vacuum this would only be dimensional manipulation but the Devourer not only just sends this data into the "player's" world but hides in the cosmic background radiation of the their universe. This would make him qualitatively much larger in this data form as he's occupying a large portion of a higher dimension rather than entering with the same dimensionality.

TLdr: this should grant him Higher dimensional existence and Large size type 10
Agree: @Serlock_Holmes, @Gonzalo, @Psychomaster35, @Deidalius
Disagree: @Dereck03
Neutral:

Last edited:
The Devourer after being destroyed by the players he sends his Data to the "player's" Higher Dimension. In a vacuum this would only be dimensional manipulation but the Devourer not only just sends this data into the "player's" world but hides in the cosmic background radiation of the their universe. This would make him qualitatively much larger in this data form as he's occupying a large portion of a higher dimension rather than entering with the same dimensionality.
Btw are u trying to people watch all that 50min video, to gets feat, bruh you should mention time stamp.
1150725223109373963.png

Disagree with AE 1 based on info 2. There is nothing here that implies info 2 nor AE, it only says that he has sent his data to the player's dimension and that he will be hidden, moreover I doubt that this is even applicable since it soon says that the laws of quantum mechanics will eventually reassemble his data and he will meet the player, he can only hide in that time since he cannot act.

That said, none of this data has any power or influence on reality since it is said to remain under the influence of the law of quantum mechanics so this is just some kind of Data or just Inorganic Physiology based on Data.

Last edited:
Disagree with AE 1 based on info 2. There is nothing here that implies info 2 nor AE, it only says that he has sent his data to the player's dimension and that he will be hidden, moreover I doubt that this is even applicable since it soon says that the laws of quantum mechanics will eventually reassemble his data and he will meet the player, he can only hide in that time since he cannot act.

That said, none of this data has any power or influence on reality since it is said to remain under the influence of the law of quantum mechanics so this is just some kind of Data or just Inorganic Physiology based on Data.
Ehhhhhh, his existence even as inorganic data is still taking up a large portion of that 6D space (at least at the time before the R>F change makes that one layer above 1-A). I guess it would be more a lesser form of the glitch's existence in comparison where the glitch can be apart of reality, hide in it, but also can crash it and warp it.

Ehhhhhh, his existence even as inorganic data is still taking up a large portion of that 6D space
He is not taking a large space, but is hiding in an area, and as far as I can see, that area seems to be uninhabitable, furthermore, by his own admission he is unable to interact or act until all his data is reassembled.
I guess it would be more a lesser form of the glitch's existence in comparison where the glitch can be apart of reality, hide in it, but also can crash it and warp it.
I don't see anything that implies that, disagree and still, being able to crash or warp reality =/= AE 1 nor Info 2, just RW.

He is not taking a large space, but is hiding in an area, and as far as I can see, that area seems to be uninhabitable, furthermore, by his own admission he is unable to interact or act until all his data is reassembled.
He's hiding in cosmic background radiation, that's kinda hard to call it a uninhabitable area when that's literally all electromagnetic radiation filling up all of space.
I don't see anything that implies that, disagree and still, being able to crash or warp reality =/= AE 1 nor Info 2, just RW.
The game crashed as a result of it's defeat not a direct hax meaning the glitch is fundamental catalyst to the game's reality since it can't be deleted without deleting all the code that shapes up EBF's reality.

8 minute timestamp

He's hiding in cosmic background radiation, that's kinda hard to call it a uninhabitable area when that's literally all electromagnetic radiation filling up all of space.
Still proves my point.
Furthermore, by his own admission he is unable to interact or act until all his data is reassembled.

The game crashed as a result of it's defeat not a direct hax meaning the glitch is fundamental catalyst to the game's reality since it can't be deleted without deleting all the code that shapes up EBF's reality.

8 minute timestamp

Okay, the glitch can be seen to affect reality, and change it, but that's all, the game world is made up of data and it seems that the glitch was an important piece of data that corrupted the game after its death, i don't see anything more than Data Manipulation even if there is no direct manipulation it is still manipulation as an after-effect of his death, but i don't see how this still realted to the devourer or how it would be like in the real world, plus there's nothing that implies any kind of special existence or affects reality other than that Devourer data that needs to be reassembled in order to act. No AE or Info 2 in other words, the devourer is nothing in the real world and is governed by its laws.

Count me on disagree.

Still proves my point.

Okay, the glitch can be seen to affect reality, and change it, but that's all, the game world is made up of data and it seems that the glitch was an important piece of data that corrupted the game after its death, i don't see anything more than Data Manipulation even if there is no direct manipulation it is still manipulation as an after-effect of his death, but i don't see how this still realted to the devourer or how it would be like in the real world, plus there's nothing that implies any kind of special existence or affects reality other than that Devourer data that needs to be reassembled in order to act. No AE or Info 2 in other words, the devourer is nothing in the real world and is governed by its laws.

Count me on disagree.

Data in the ebf universe is already considered fundamentally more abstract than already existing independent abstract concepts like godcat. So in terms of aspect of nature if your already made of something that's considered abstract then going into a higher dimension and being affected by HD quantum physics doesn't make you less abstract, it just means even though his existence has reached a higher plane his fundamental control over it hasn't reached that point which is why his data is effected by 6D quantum physics to even reassemble himself

He had manipulated some vague concepts from the player's higher dimension, albeit highly physical ones such as the pixels (light) and sound (duh!) in order to accomplish his feat of sending his data to the player's higher dimension. He definitely gets dimensional manipulation from this feat, but I'm with Dereck on disagreeing with abstract existence. Along with Dereck's arguments, abstractions are usually largely metaphysical or non-physical. The Devourer's own statements in the ending put the idea of abstract existence in question, especially as he mainly hid in the cosmic background radiation (which, while yes it's a remnant of the universe's creation, is actually measurable and was last measured at 3 Kelvin) to allow very physical entities (quantum mechanics) to regenerate his form so he would, one day, try and take the fight to the player. Bear in mind, this is one of few verses to apply real cosmological research to their media (with it literally beginning in EBF3 with how black holes effing worked, with a straight-up mention of Schwarzchild radius).

I don't think abstract existence should be tied to hiding in literal thermal energy (again, the cosmic background radiation).

Okay, I'll concede on Abstract existence. But what about the HD existence. Semantically even as Data he should have a higher physical axis

Last edited:
Back