• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Game Tournament (16/16) (FULL, ONGOING)

I am closing first round of matches tonight, and soon, the second round will commence. Gotta keep a semblance of consistency
Though, anyone who wishes to skip matches's debating because it may be a stomp? Just lemme know if so

Alright, Set 2 of the Bracket is now set in stone. If there are any matches that feel stompy/not worth discussing, please let me know

Alright, Set 2 of the Bracket is now set in stone. If there are any matches that feel stompy/not worth discussing, please let me know
you're the rep for binah, right?
uh, you think you can fight against gestalt at all?
other than that i think the fights are fair enough for discussing, not super familiar with all the characters but i saw their respective fights and i dont think anything is too stompy

Binah's gonna turn Gestalt into mush lmao, that i know

Dont know how the Penitent One is gonna fare vs the literal end of the fvcking world

But like, with the ruleset, Phobos isnt merged with the Other Place just like Gestalt? Where would the range issue even lie?
Phobos' true self is still locked in hell, meaning Binah can only temporarily get rid Phobos before he projects himself back into reality with a new S-3LF body.

Binah would need universal+ range to kill the true phobos (and even then, he wouldn't be killed from that), or alternatively permanently kill Gestalt to stop him.

Phobos' true self is still locked in hell, meaning Binah can only temporarily get rid Phobos before he projects himself back into reality with a new S-3LF body.

Binah would need universal+ range to kill the true phobos, or alternatively actually fully kill Gestalt to stop him.
Alright, how would one fully kill Gestalt then? Ya know it doesnt really resist a lot of Binah's main offensive hax right?

question, are they active in that they can think and do they like/want to be in gestalt?
Unknown. they don't touch up on that matter regarding the souls beyond him naturally gaining more. Phobos' soul is stated to be active and can make his own actions, and can at times even control gestalt if he chooses to. it's bit of a coin toss whether you want to apply that to the other souls.

Reduce him down to a state that he can't survive in, which is kind of hard to do.

I'm not really seeing a lot that Binah could use to kill Gestalt, to be honest.
I mean, Binah can just......summon Apoc Bird to help rip it to shreds? She would be intelligent enough to know that shes gonna need to bring out everything in the books to kill Gestalt. Im assuming when you say "reduce him to a state he cant survive in", would, say removing the head completely count?

A few Pillar attacks would be enough honestly. Not even someone comparable to Binah was able to completely stop the attack from landing. Consider the fact that it can do any of the four damage types as well. And even if Gestalt survives one, Binah can shoot another. Not to mention the lasting wounds from Fairy as well. Sure, Mags dont feel pain, but eventually its going to stack up

Also Chain lmao. Even if it doesnt work on the conceptual level here, its still going to be a massive hassle

Bleh, should save the debate for when i post it. Im tired ngl

Back