• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Game Tournament (16/16) (FULL, ONGOING)

Alright now THIS one isnt gonna die i promise lol
This is similar to my old tournament
All stats equalized
Hax capped to High
SBA otherwise

HOWEVER
There is a theme here, and that theme is indie games
All games that are indie based, or started as an indie game, are allowed

Two characters per person.

THE BRACKET

1. Asriel Dreemurr (God of HyperDeath)
2. The Penitent One
3. Binah (Librarian)
4. Anna (EBF)
5. The Reckoning
6. The Knight (Void Given Form)
7. Annoying Dog (Toby Fox)
8. Mag Agent: Gestalt (Project Gestalt)
9. Flumpty Bumpty
10. Teseo
11. The Shogun
12. Animdude
13. Frisk (Normally)
14. Apocalypse Bird
15. Player (Pixel Gun 3D, Online)
16. Steve (Minecraft)

Last edited:
Kris seems fine, and also it seems that indie game character page is a little incomplete. Feels like it, i dunno (like i still think Binah (Project Moon) still counts, but eh well)

Alright. 1/16

So im gonna submit Apocalypse Bird in, for a few reasons

Lobotomy Corp did start as an indie game
All of its most worrying hax are capped out anyways, so it can be harmed

Also bird up

That is all

In honor of finally getting to hear about what the Death Battle crew thought about my submitted ballot banter matchup, I'll choose Anna (Yes, EBF is indie as with other Flash games from the 2000's, I don't know why it isn't there).

Good thing hax are capped to high, also, funny this, Anna is probably gonna fight Apoc Bird yet again. Funny that

Anyways yeah nature girl should be fine under rules

I will allow God of Hyperdeath, as by technicality he should be able to die within the ruleset, but i will be keeping an eye on him

(also koopa please dont just vanish from debates if you feel like your gonna lose, that is pain)

(also koopa please dont just vanish from debates if you feel like your gonna lose, that is pain)
Ngl I meant to reply to Bats and Spidey match but I got busy with stuff and just forgot and by the time I remembered I should have responded the tournament was dead, so it probably won't happen again.

Anyone else wanna submit a character?

...may have to lift the restriction, but my resolve will not waver

Well, if the God of Hyperdeath is allowed, surely The End of The Cycle should be as well, right? :)
Didn't know Stellaris counted as an indie game, interesting
But, if End is too haxxy, then The Shogun should count, even if they aren't on the indie game list TABS is definitely one of them

Yeah considering the fact that Hax are capped to High anyways, nothing too bullfvcky would be used anyways (thats mainly why i let Azzy in)
Would The Reckoning Key be good for End of the Cycle? Im sure it would be able to fight still even with the restrictions to hax

Yeah considering the fact that Hax are capped to High anyways, nothing too bullfvcky would be used anyways (thats mainly why i let Azzy in)
Would The Reckoning Key be good for End of the Cycle? Im sure it would be able to fight still even with the restrictions to hax
That works, I believe The Reckoning is the actual avatar the End makes in game to fight outside the Shroud, so it's probably be more fitting

Welp, if Azzy is in, it would make sense to let the end of the cosmos in. Sigh.
Well, this is gonna be one helluva kaiju fight if both fight each other (that may or may not happen)

Oh yeah im replacing borb with Binah in Librarian Key, OE as well. CM Type 2 should be fine as it is the bases of a lot of her powers (like Hulk's CM Type 1), but what do yall think about it?

Hey, can I subscribe the Player to this?
Feels like God of Hyperdeath Azzy would be enough to suffice with the Undertale. Would rather not wanna deal with HDE stuff (thats why the End of the Cycle is in the Reckoning Key, thats an actual form it can use)

You want Frisk/Chara instead?

i know, just find it funny that some dude with a drill hat is going up against THE GOD OF HYPERDEATH and THE END OF THE CYCLE
I love equal stat tournies for this reason
It would be even funnier if they somehow won (doubt but its still funny)

Void given form should be good. As for optional equipment (charms), those are heavily match up depended even in game so ig each round would have a different set depending on the opponent.

Alrighty, if you wanna do Charms as well, you wish to be the one to kinda figure out what charms would be used? havent played the game in a long time

Shouldn't the Void given form not have charms? since it's implied they are actual things the Knight clips onto its shell and VGF doesn't have a shell?

Alrighty, if you wanna do Charms as well, you wish to be the one to kinda figure out what charms would be used? havent played the game in a long time
Yeah sure. I think they're probably pretty basic for CV match ups, usually consisting of stat amps but if you ping me I can pick which ones are the best.

Shouldn't the Void given form not have charms? since it's implied they are actual things the Knight clips onto its shell and VGF doesn't have a shell?
Interesting idea but as far as I know that's never been discussed on the wiki.
I might be wrong but doesn't your shade have stuff like the long nail when you die and fight it? (I don't have a safe file I could use to check this out in rn 💀)

I think the Shade when you die retains nail upgrades, and upgraded soul abilities (like Desolate Dive), but unsure if it retains charm perks. If it doesnt, then i guess they wont count for VGF?

Feels like God of Hyperdeath Azzy would be enough to suffice with the Undertale. Would rather not wanna deal with HDE stuff (thats why the End of the Cycle is in the Reckoning Key, thats an actual form it can use)

You want Frisk/Chara instead?
I go with Toby Fox

Asriel will meet his creator in person

I think the Shade when you die retains nail upgrades, and upgraded soul abilities (like Desolate Dive), but unsure if it retains charm perks. If it doesnt, then i guess they wont count for VGF?
The shade definitely gains your spells and upgrades when the player gets them. I'm not sure about the charms.

But, that technically isn't canon anyway. What IS canon is whether you have or don't have the voidheart charm and you clearly keep that one after you die. Although that's a special case since you kinda fuse with it, it's the closest we have to an answer.

Lets go and say that VGE doesnt get charms, because truth be told it will definitely save you the headache of picking charms for every single fight The Knight is in lol. It'll be fine im sure

Project: Gestalt (Second key)

Back