• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Ten Obscure Verses Who Caught a Lot's of Attention Lately

No, no, Asterisk always sucked. Even Mother's Basement pointed that much out.

No, what I'm saying is that Rakudai isn't that good nor original.

No, Rakudai was original because it took the same premise many other series before and after it did, but developed it on a totally different way. That's why was called original.

Idk about it being original (x doubt), but I did watch it and I recall it being talked about back then. It was before I even made a vsbw account. Brings me back.

Muchacho mrm said:
The verse is probably mentally associated with the other one that was airing around the same time.
It's kinda disheartening, the anime probably would've done better if it wasn't released as people were really getting sick of magic high school shows, with an extremely similar (albeit better in every way) first episode to one of the least interesting shows of the year

I meant their LN debuts, with the other series being before Rakudai. I've only ever seen a youtube video of his, probably final fight. I'll see their originality eventually

@Blahblah9755

If you mean the other anime, then it wasn't good but I still enjoyed it. If you meant Rakudai, I don't think the trend/season matters if you have a good anime for people to watch

I actually think coming out at the end of the magic school anime craze was good for Rakudai, because people were getting sick of the typical clichés those shows play and those seeing Rakudai not following them was like a breath of fresh air. If you were on the anime fandom at the time, you'll every single other magic shcool anime that came out for the next years was compared unfavorably to Rakudai precisely because of falling into the same clichés Rakudai avoided.

Hmm I've been trying to add this on the disscusion board lately given its an underrated series in these parts though I have been having issues even with college and all, But to make this quick have any of you seen these characters in your life before?:

Lolz
Lupin lll (Middle, the one with the green suit.), Daisuke Jigen (guy with the goat looking goatee.), And Goemon Ishikawa (The samurai before samurai jack.)

The series is called "Lupin lll", Lupin the guy in the green suit who is classed as the smartest thief/man in the world, Daisuke Jigen the guy wearing a hat goat gotee but a lad with a godly aim, And Goemon Ishikawa the great Samurai before Samurai Jack. They particapate in grand theiving adventures and then some. Again quite the underrated series in these parts being in their 50th something anniversery and influenced the western auidiances at one point.

The real cal howard said:
I know Lupi
Awesome, Say the guys are crimminaly missing a profile and I've been trying to add a disscussion board about it just in case some others recognize it as well do I just put it on the "General Disscussion Board"? Or some other named board because I did so before I only ended up baffling someone though it might just be that I didn't add too much context to it.

There's also another thread about the characters stats and whatnot, I'll put that there for those that are interested.

I wouldn't call Kamen Rider obscure. Not in Japan, at least.

Some obvious ones are Instant Death (Which is even more obscure than Rakudai, but Yogiri's page was trending at one point iirc), and Masadaverse, which is really popular in verses communities, but not that popular outside of them from what I can tell.

Edit:

Yep, Yogiri's name pops up even before Yog-Sothoth in the search bar.

@BZG/Bang Homu

Well, PMMM are pretty much dormant right now (not dead but not that really active)

@Yung

Yes, Kamen Rider are very popular in japan and even in the east, but in this wiki? Not that much until morr supporters showed up and cleaning/revising most of the pages here

I thought this was about verses which aren't popular in general.

If it's just about verses which are popular here, then Rakudai shouldn't be on the list, it's pretty popular here.

YungManzi said:
Rakudai shouldn't be on the list, it's pretty popular here.
Read the title dude: Obscure Verses Who Caught a Lot's of Attention Lately. Rakudai was a totally forgotten verse 2 years ago, and see how it is now.

YungManzi said:
I thought this was about verses which aren't popular in general.
If it's just about verses which are popular here, then Rakudai shouldn't be on the list, it's pretty popular here.
It's popular "now".

which make them unpopular and underrated.....in short: Obscure.

But as time goes on, the obscure verses slowly paying the attention of peoples little by little, and when its ready......the obscure verses suddenly become popular!

Rakudai is the very definiton of what the OP is asking for. It was a dead verse, very outdated pages, nobody ever talked about it. Now it's one of the biggest memes in the wiki, it generated the skill debates, skill lists, made skill a much bigger factor than it originally was etc. So anything that has the word "skill" in it, originated from Rakudai (among other things/memes that came from it).

But it was dead before.

Has kamen rider caught a lot of attention lately?

I can't even think of another verse which fits such a weirdly specific condition.

Kamen Rider case almost similar with Rakudai, dead verse until someone brought it and overhaul the verse widely

And i might also give KHR a honorable mention

Before i updating the list i have some question regarding the verses you guys bring:

-What make BFDI really special that it got matched with mainstream verses?

-Which rank i should put for InFamous and PMMM (maybe including KHR too)?

You should also put Instant Death there. Yogiri is now above Yog Sothoth in the search bar and a bunch of people now knows (or at least have heard of) the verse within this wiki

The series was as obscure as Rakudai and now is quite popular (or was, since people arent spamming matches anymore. He was also on trending a few months ago) and sorta became a meme too. Although McQueen got the axe, Yogiri has more incons than him now and is approaching Ness's

He is also constantly on the popular pages of the wiki, every time

Also this , and this

About the rank, eh, probably 3rd place since like, literally only Yung and Me knew about this series when it came out and now a large chunk of the wiki knows or at least has an idea of what it is when someone mentions "Yogiri" or "Instant Death"

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Before i updating the list i have some question regarding the verses you guys bring:

-What make BFDI really special that it got matched with mainstream verses?

-Which rank i should put for InFamous and PMMM (maybe including KHR too)?
Simple. It had a real fun history. From being downplayed (high tiers included) at 9-B to being 7-B low tiers and tier 5-4 high tiers, and to the point that thanks to me redeeming that lost potential they had for 2 years, it encouraged many to get into the series, and some said its good, especially if youre a Total Drama fan.

Hell, it even has more profiles and hax than Total Drama surprisingly, despite being based off of said series.

Right, forgot about Instant Death

I dunno, i found BFDI not that interesting to me, maybe because the look and the design are not pleasing me at all lel

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Right, forgot about Instant Death
I dunno, i found BFDI not that interesting to me, maybe because the look and the design are not pleasing me at all lel
I mean, if we include how it made others view the verse for our inclusion, then Rakudai and ID should be nuked.

Rakudai is known by most people as basically suggverse but skill, Instant Death (Primairly Yogiri), are viewed pretty poorly

Masada is only really popular among many due to reinhard being sexy and how it is basically shaggy meme levels of power

I mean, that is personal opinion, if we go overall rising the ranksl, then BFDI should be on here

BFDI should be higher than ID, since the only popular part of ID is Yogiri, while BFDI has more popularity for all of it's characters like Gelatin, X, Firey, Leafy, etc

I know, i just found the character design not pleased me, like it just bunch living number and things and that it, and too childish cartoonish, but overall the attention are good so i will add it

And fyi that the reason why i rarely using cartoon characters unless they are good looking

Mostly because Chel got spammed a shit ton and it's been through a lot of revisions recently and shit. Just feels like it got a lot of attention to me but eh

Back