• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Non-Smurfs for Every Tier 5: The Last of the Forum

"Potentially access"? Would that mean something like optional equipment or prep time then? Or something he actually has the capacity to use on his own but chooses not to?

Honestly ? It sucks removing someone who has a non combat applicable smurf ability, but whatever

Maybe some 4-A Castlevania characters ?

Blahblah9755 said:
"Potentially access"? Would that mean something like optional equipment or prep time then? Or something he actually has the capacity to use on his own but chooses not to?
Quoting Bambu: "Yes and no. Technically the character extends to 4e, which means he has access to all 4e spells. Some 4e spells are 1-A in potency."

It doesn't really matter. This thread is extremely strict about smurf hax so this is enough to remove a character. Character may never use it, may never gain anything from using it, may not be very combat applicable. None of that matters.

That rule is still completely stupid.

If the character can fight on that level, why do we focus so much on their physical traits? It serves no purpose.

But characters are normally on [insert tier here] tier and only go up with abilities

So they aren't on that tier base, that's why they are placed according to their base tier

I mean if people really want Ainz at 8-C to High 8-C, it's a stone wall skelly boi with resistances to most things and a crap ton of hax. Alternatively, we ditch the absurd rule and just put people in tiers that they qualify for rather than what their physicals qualify for. May as well just strip them of their other hax and have them duke it out.

Being a stone wall with a lot of hax and resistances is his ability. Besides many other characters use duranegging stuff as well so high durability is kinda irrelevant anyway

And the rule isn't absurd at all. Placing characters on tiers they get with their abilities is absurd instead of placing them to their base tiers

Um ..... you must have completely missed the discussion of this rule we had a while back. If you aren't physically a tier, you don't qualify for it whatsoever. Case in point, Ainz fights with 7-B magic but gets relegated to Tier 8 if he goes on the list. That is stupid much like the rule that enforces it. Does anyone remember the "reasoning" for this rule?

ExSENNA said:
Being a stone wall with a lot of hax and resistances is his ability.

Placing characters on tiers they get with their abilities is absurd
Also walk me through this^. I've been trying but it still makes no sense.

I've asked this multiple times but I have received no answer.

Even if you are a glass cannon, I don't why that would matter if you can reach a tier and your hax stil makes you the strongest in said tier.

And I don't mean reaching the tier by a single attack that nothing else scales to, because profiles like that exist.

So what you are saying is, strip people of their standard form of combat and judge them based on this? How can one think this is logically sound when the goal of this thread is to list the 5 strongest for every tier? If someone qualifies for a tier with more than one attack that they can use more than once, they should be allowed to challenge for a position.

AnonymousBlank said:
So what you are saying is, strip people of their standard form of combat and judge them based on this? How can one think this is logically sound when the goal of this thread is to list the 5 strongest for every tier? If someone qualifies for a tier with more than one attack that they can use more than once, they should be allowed to challenge for a position.
Nah. Jojo characters are listed as 10-A for the same reason. Physically they are 10-A with 8-C stands.

ExSENNA said:
Isn't Ainz 8-C and High 8-C normally? He should be on 8-C and High 8-C, not 7-B?
That's a good point, but Ainz can become full-blown 7-B with some equipment, so I guess I'll specify he's fully equiped on 7-B. You can make some matches to get him on 8-C and High 8-C if you want.

Bringing up another verse which is subjected to the very same thing I call stupid isn't going to convince me or anyone who feels the same. Jojos should be in 8-C if they can get a spot. Are the stands not restricted for them since they are Tier 8? If not this rule is enforcing double standards.

But they are not on that tier, they have abilities that are on that tier, they should be placed according to their own stats, having high tier magic/hax is really irrelevant characters' base tier is where they should be placed with, you can think of them like non-smurf smurfs, low tier character with high tier attacks and dura/shielding

He is on that tier though. Look at his profile. It says he is 7-B in the tier section. Limiting him to Tier 8 makes no sense when he almost exclusively uses Tier 7 stuff.

Don't we jack characters speed as well?, even though we are trying to find the strongest.

Why should the characters be restricted to their own stats if they have ways to fight on that tier?

This is not even a rule in normal battles, so I am stll confused where did it come from and for what reasons it exists in this thread. What relevance does it have when the whole point is the strongest for each tier without smurf stuff?

All I am seeing is people saying "this character is in the list for this tier for the same reason".

Okay, what is the reason?

Can he start in Perfect Warrior or is it a spell that needs to be activated? If the first, he can stay at 7-B while still being able to challange 8-C and High 8-C spots without using Perfect Warrior. If it's a spell then it's similar to stat amp that buffs him to 7-B, which wouldn't count

I am waiting for someone to answer why do we focus on their physical stats to decide what tier they can enter into. It literally has nothing to do with deciding the strongest.

@LordGriffin Ricsi said the same thing, and I proposed having 2 people for each tier, one equal and another unequal speed.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Why should the characters be restricted to their own stats if they have ways to fight on that tier?

This is not even a rule in normal battles, so I am stll confused where did it come from and for what reasons it exists in this thread. What relevance does it have when the whole point is the strongest for each tier without smurf stuff?

All I am seeing is people saying "this character is in the list for this tier for the same reason".

Okay, what is the reason?
Because this list is Top 5 strongest non-smurfs for every tier so they would be placed according to their base tier, everything else they have, their magic/spells hax that boosts their power is just ability. a 10-A character that can become High 3-A with a spell isn't High 3-A normally, he needs to activate it

Aight so I want you to go to the strongest list thread and tell them that they should restrict the smurfs to their base tier because that is exactly what you said '''every tier''' means.

That's absurdly nonsensical. The source of the stats doesn't matter, just the fact that they can be in that tier.

What does needing to activate it have to do at all with the fact they are in that tier, and can fight in it? Is painfully irrelevant.

You don't need to restrict any ability that buffs them into higher tier for this list nor for the other, those buffs are ability and the character would be placed with heir base tier without using abilities

And you still don't tell me why they need to be base tier.

If you can produce 7-B energy and attack someone with it, you are 7-B. No matter if your punching ability is 8-B.

That's it, is incomprehensibly simple. I thought there was a legit reason why, but this is straight up incredibly dumb.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That's absurdly nonsensical. The source of the stats doesn't matter, just the fact that they can be in that tier.

What does needing to activate it have to do at all with the fact they are in that tier, and can fight in it? Is painfully irrelevant.
Subjective. The point is they aren't on that tier normally and only have their abilities on that tier, it's irrelevant if they fight on that tier by using their abilities that grants them higher tier power they will still be placed with their base tiers without using any ability

ExSENNA said:
You don't need to restrict any ability that buffs them into higher tier for this list nor for the other, those buffs are ability and the character would be placed with heir base tier without using abilities
Woah woah woah. Hold up a second. Are you telling me that this isn't Tier 8 Ainz clapping Tier 8s but Tier 8 Ainz that can use Tier 7 magic clapping Tier 8s? No offence but what in the actual **** kind of reasoning is that? No shit people with higher tier stuff is going to stomp a lot of lower tiers. Someone turn off the filter for 30 seconds so I can go to town on this "logic". Why are we even bothering with tiers if you are letting them use out of tier stuff?

it is not subjective. Is the entire way this site works.

if you are 7-B, you are 7-B, no matter if it is only with magic.

You have given literally no reason why they need to remain their base tier, you are just saying they need to. If we are making a rule for no reason, the rule shouldn't really exist.

Woah woah woah. Hold up a second. Are you telling me that this isn't Tier 8 Ainz clapping Tier 8s but Tier 8 Ainz that can use Tier 7 magic clapping Tier 8s? No offence but what in the actual **** kind of reasoning is that? No shit people with higher tier stuff is going to stomp a lot of lower tiers. Someone turn off the filter for 30 seconds so I can go to town on this "logic". Why are we even bothering with tiers if you are letting them use out of tier stuff?

What's funny about that. Being Tier 8 with tier 7 Magic is basically his ability. He can stomp anyone he wants with it. Won't change the fact that he is a tier 8 guy who uses tier 7 stuff and he himself still tier 8 normally

@SirLancelot if you produce that 7-B punching power after using a spell that boosts your strength or just use a spell that can do that much damage that doesn't translate to character's own base tier.

That is all completely pointless because the base tier is completely pointless, and you have given no argument why it is not pointless.

Can you actually literally tell me anything that isn't about base tier? Base tier is irrelevant if you can fight in another tier. That is how this site works. Unless you wanna change the entire site, that directly classifies Ainz as a Tier 7, the rule is stupid and has no reason to exist, and this entire thread is fallacious.

Dude .... before it was a thread where people just wanted to do it a weird way with absurd restrictions. That's fine. I will bitch about it but it's just people wanting to do it a weird way. Now it's completely stupid. You have completely defeated the point of the tier list. Why restrict smurfs for being beyond someone's dimensional tier when you are just gonna say people can use higher tiers in lower tiers? Did your parents turn you upside down and pile drive your skull into the floor when you were a child?!?!?

Back