• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier Part 14

DnW0 said:
just write novels that have 1-A characters that crap on all CM, Masada, and Umineko characters so that there will be no more arguing while they fill up 1-A
What do you think WoD is?

alright after going through the headache of reading all of the thread's posts, 99% of which are arguing over "muh 1-A"... I'm heavily tempted to just remove 1-A from the list for the same reason we remove Tier 0.

You guys need to stop, yeah?

Why? Because you don't like it? Tough, people enjoy talking about the topic, even if it becomes plain near the end.

You chose to take up the thread, no one forced you to do it, so moaning about people talking about a segment on the list makes you look like the SS: "Don't you talk about things I don't like or I'll abuse my position and remove the segment you're talking about from the list because I dont like talking about it."

oh my lord

No. Because the purpose of the thread is to find who is the strongest and what I don't like is a few hundred posts of people angrily back-and-forthing, though thank you for sneaking in that snide little quip, truly it paints you in wonderful light.

I chose to take up the thread when it was disorganized. This action is for the sake of keeping it organized. Thank you for your wise words though I guess.

The issue with 1-A is once you really get past baseline everything becomes abstract and arbitrary as **** to the point where an argument could be made for a 3 to 4 way ******* tie for 1st place 1-A, you'll never be able to legitimately decide which is stronger just what you or others think think is stronger.

tier 1a and 0 are the points where there can be no clear answer to who is strongest which is why tier 0 is already n/a.

I agree tier 1a should also be given this treatment due to the similarly immeasurable nature of 1a in general. All there can be in 1a is an endless back and forth wanking of above infinity there is no possible way of defining who's stronger thus its a pointless exercise in futility to attempt to dick measure the different cosmologies.

Not really, you can always define who is stronger, we measure it in a number of ways, usually "Transcendences".

1-A is the biggest tier, but it's by no means is it impossible to measure.

At best, you can say the peak of all 1-A becauses nebulous, but they can still be measured, it just becomes either harder or the numbers become larger.

I also like how Bambu is just deleting my comments because he can't make a rebuttal and has to abuse his admin powers. Gg no re, paints you in a wonderful light.

@Udl I removed your purposeless jabs, yeah. After you posted a comment with literally any meaning I let it stay. Stop trying to demonize me if you can manage it. I had been under the assumption we were friends but I guess that's no longer the case. Oh well.

> I removed your purposeless jabs,

My supposed jabs where at your attempt to shut down a conversation because it's one you don't like, curtailing conversations in that fashion is worse than letting them go on.

>After you posted a comment with literally any meaning I let it stay.

My original post had meaning, it was in response to you, I am allowed to respond to you making a point.

>Stop trying to demonize me if you can manage it.

If me pointing out your actions from an outsiders perspective is demonising, then it speaks volumes.

> I had been under the assumption we were friends but I guess that's no longer the case.

As had I, until you became an admin and completely changed your actions and behaviour towards me, choosing to literally mute me and ignore me and also talk shit about me in discord's, and threat not, I took screenshots too.

> Oh well

Seems the friendship mattered that little to you then.

I'll respond to your points and then I won't have the discussion. This thread is for recording, not whatever this mess is.

> My supposed jabs where at your attempt to shut down a conversation because it's one you don't like, curtailing conversations in that fashion is worse than letting them go on.

No. They were removed because of the jabs in them. You just kept posting them after that. If you noticed, any comment you made with legitimate contribution remained up. Even if it contained an insult.

> My original post had meaning, it was in response to you, I am allowed to respond to you making a point.

Your original post is still there. You are allowed to respond constructively. Not just "lol admin bad haha". I've seen this song and dance between you and Matt. I have no interest in becoming a part of the famous back and forths you get into. So, allow me to reiterate, this is the last post on this subject.

> If me pointing out your actions from an outsiders perspective is demonising, then it speaks volumes.

This is the third time in two days you've attempted to paint yourself in the light of a saint after me having to deal with you. Including actual legitimate rule breaks. I've abstained from reporting this because I understand you're having a rough time and I feel for you, I really do, and I hope you get past it. That said, your "pointing out my actions" is just shifting blame. I asked you to stop after you had already jabbed at me and you continued to do so. You still do even now. So stop.

> As had I, until you became an admin and completely changed your actions and behaviour towards me, choosing to literally mute me and ignore me and also talk shit about me in discord's, and threat not, I took screenshots too.

I haven't changed at all. If anything being an admin is a hindrance because I am now expected to take a heavier hand in dealing with situations like this. Your mute on discord was because of you and Agnaa having a bickering argument and resulted in both of you being muted until said argument was over. But of course, my bias was against you /s.

As for the screenshots... I genuinely have no idea what that refers to. But hey, report away. I'm not concerned.

> Seems the friendship mattered that little to you then.

It didn't. I try to watch out for friends, especially the D&D group. Ask Xulrev when he was on the chopping block. I stepped in. You've thrown me under the bus quite a bit now. I'm just done with that. I'm now asking you as a neutral admin to move on. Take a break. If you must be here, be here peacefully. That's the deal.

Hey I sensed I was mentioned, howdy.

My two bits here:

Bit One
The entire idea Bambu proposes of the Tier 1 shit being removed from these fun threads is one I actually endorse; authors have no concept of infinity, human minds can't contextualize infinity, so why would we indulge a dick-measuring contest of infinities using flowery language to vaguely compare the omniversal deity whose grandfather clock's cogs's atoms are infinite multiverses containing infinite infinities to the omniversal deity whose garden flowers are each a nexus of reality for an infinite multiverse and he plucks an infinity of them daily.

I literally stopped coming to these fun threads due to the Tier 1 powerwank that, honestly, belongs on a separate thread entirely. Do a Top 5 Tier 1's in its own thing where flowery language can be dissected ad nauseum.

Bit Two
Personal attacks, however, should be moved to message walls. I know it's not my place to try and enforce that, but really it ought to be moved. Bambu really is a chill dude and puts his emotions aside when dealing with issues. I have had vehement disagreements with him wherein we both brought evidence and simply accepted there were disagreements, came to a mutually agreeable conclusion, and we didn't diminish one another personally at all. Did it get somewhat heated? Sure, any disagreement can. But I don't think accusing Bambu of bias is something that history shows or supports, the dude does a goddamn good job at what he does.

/endrant

shucks

Either way. Just... moving on.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Question, how can one bypass Acausality type 4 or 5 without nulling it?
Type 4 is negging Fate and time hax and so on, to bypass it would Be to either have the ability shown to affect beings who are Type 4.

As for Type 5, Platonic concepts bypass Type 5.

For one that is ignorant what does "Platonic concepts" mean, or entail.. Examples would be fine too to help me understand..

I don't really have any characters in mind. Im just curious about how they can be bypassed without nullifying them, or stripping that ability away.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
For one that is ignorant what does "Platonic concepts" mean, or entail.. Examples would be fine too to help me understand..
Platonic concepts are a type of Archetypal concept created from the Theory of Forms, which was made by a Man named Plato.

Platonic concepts contain all variations, possibilities and impossibilities of what it is they represent.

They are untouched by cause and effect, perfect representations of the concept.

Platonic Concepts (True and False) are Concepts, Laws, Axioms... Which dictate reality, in contrast to Aristotelian Concepts which are dictated by reality.

Type 2 and 1 exist completely unbound from subjectivity. They are something concrete and "believing" they are something else doesn't change anything.

Type 3 basically exist on the collective subconscious of all sentient beings within a setting.

So, erasing, I dunno, erasing Udl the Aristotelian Concept of "A Glass of Water" will be limited by how humanity perceives glasses of water, while erasing the Platonic Form of "A Glass of Water" erases something trascendental, indefinite and normally unknowable which Humanity only participates in without any way to affect it.

@Dvorak That's wrong. Aristotelian concepts aren't governed by subjectivity or the collective subconscious. We call those "Lesser realist concepts".

Aristotelian concepts are tied to the object in reality, and changing the objects would change the concept. While platonic concepts exist independent of reality, and changing the objects won't change the concept.

Last question, that i thought of becuase you both helped me a lot to understand it..

If type 2 concepts are not touched by cause and effect.. if a character embodies a Type 2 Concept does that make them Acausality type 5? (Assume Abstract Existence type 1 if that helps at all..)

Agnaa said:
@Dvorak That's wrong. Aristotelian concepts aren't governed by subjectivity or the collective subconscious. We call those "Lesser realist concepts".

Aristotelian concepts are tied to the object in reality, and changing the objects would change the concept. While platonic concepts exist independent of reality, and changing the objects won't change the concept.
Ok, I mixed it up. But the point is they are bound by reality.

As usual, make a match or present a concluded one

As for my earlier proposal. Udl is obviously opposed to 1A being removed, Xulrev and a few others seem all for it. Anyone else care to post their opinion?

I'm generally neutral. But I think it can be better handled by being harsher on forcing extended discussion to vs threads.

If there's more than 3 posts on which of two characters are stronger, make them take it to a message wall/vs thread by deleting any further posts.

Back