• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, just because it's plot doesn't mean it will work. Meng Hao resists just about every application plot manipulation can have.

Why would it not fall under one of his resistances? If it determines what'll happen, then fate manip resistance should cover. If it's changing reality, then reality warping and subjective reality are both things he can null. And so on.

I mean, just because it's plot doesn't mean it will work. Meng Hao resists just about every application plot manipulation can have.

Why would it not fall under one of his resistances? If it determines what'll happen, then fate manip resistance should cover. If it's changing reality, then reality warping and subjective reality are both things he can null. And so on.
I mean it's because it not the habitual application to them (even more when he surely doesn't resist every different application of these hax) it's like telling plot erasure is equal to lambda erasure and then normal erasure resistance us enough. Having a plot power null that made you a lambda people because now in the plot you was always a lambda people and so never had these power in the plot, is vastly different than not let you use your power or power null your atk by ex.

shouldn`t nanashi be lower on the High 6A list. His High 6A key is not that impressive. Golden king could just stare at him over and over again

I mean it's because it not the habitual application to them (even more when he surely doesn't resist every different application of these hax) it's like telling plot erasure is equal to lambda erasure and then normal erasure resistance us enough. Having a plot power null that made you a lambda people because now in the plot you was always a lambda people and so never had these power in the plot, is vastly different than not let you use your power or power null your atk by ex.
It's not just the effect that's the same, the method is too. Plot is not different from subjective reality and fate manipulation, the only possible reason it could be superior would be if its from a higher reality (so, a writer v fictional characters). But, Meng Hao wins the higher reality game here.

Unless you can give me an application that he doesn't resist, 4th wall break isn't enough to make it better. Whether the thing transcending reality is a writer or a concept isn't enough of a difference to require a completely different resistance.

I wholeheartedly agree with Ricsi on that front, even ignoring Meng Hao. I personally have no idea why plot-hax is treated as some all-encompassing god power but eh.

And honestly, you'd be hard pressed to find something that Meng Hao doesn't resist at this point.

I wholeheartedly agree with Ricsi on that front, even ignoring Meng Hao. I personally have no idea why plot-hax is treated as some all-encompassing god power but eh.

And honestly, you'd be hard pressed to find something that Meng Hao doesn't resist at this point.
It's not all encompassing but if you don't had any power in first in your personnage, you can't resist it in first. Plot manip doesn't exist in ergenverse so well.

It's not just the effect that's the same, the method is too. Plot is not different from subjective reality and fate manipulation, the only possible reason it could be superior would be if its from a higher reality (so, a writer v fictional characters). But, Meng Hao wins the higher reality game here.

Unless you can give me an application that he doesn't resist, 4th wall break isn't enough to make it better. Whether the thing transcending reality is a writer or a concept isn't enough of a difference to require a completely different resistance.
It's different one go from the inner when the other go from the extern, changing the fate of someone is not the same as changing the plot of his personnage (when one is about is fate as is being the other is about his personnage as a fictionnal character) Most of the plot manip is do by writer type character so.... Having better hax doesn't mean you win the higher reality game you tell.

All of the application? Prove me with feat that he alredy resist becoming the personnage of an other fiction, and being controlled by that writer.

If you don't think that plot manip is different than other normal manip then make a crt to delete plot manip since from your point of view it as nothing to do as an individual power.

I honestly disagree with a lot of the above but I lack both the energy and enough f*cks to give about it to actually bother arguing it. Meng Hao already beats Sinbad via 1-A passive power null anyway.

I honestly disagree with a lot of the above but I lack both the energy and enough f*cks to give about it to actually bother arguing it. Meng Hao already beats Sinbad via 1-A passive power null anyway.
I wasn't trying to argue about meng hao vs sinbad in first, since in first his "plot manip" is just him seeing lower dimmension like fiction (like most of the higher dimmensionnal guy do lol)

That's simply wrong, and you can't assume that. The fact that you have to use "most of" should tell you that just assuming it's true is false, but regardless of general truth, it's also outright wrong for Meng Hao.

A type 1 concept, which Essence is, is by definition both "inner" and "outer". Literally, the concept of inside and outside are an Essence, and even otherwise it creates and contains all things in existence while being beyond them.

Having "better hax", as in it being 1-A? Because you absolutely win the higher reality game if one is 1-B while the other is 1-A. 1-B plot hax is not better just because of a fourth wall break.

Assuming you mean personage as on being forced into becoming a character, that is subjective reality. Which is what a domain is, but a more fiction/reality exemple just for this would be how the Sovereign Fan has the power to absorb something into its painting as a form of sealing, rendering them under its/the fan's onwer's control. That barely works on 2nd steppers. Or how Meng can just imagine his enemy being wounded, and make that wound become real. Or how even 1st steppers can resist having their dimensionality reduced.

Abilities like deciding choosing what is real and what isn't with the 1-A concept of real and unreal would also make turning him fictional an act of futility when he can just make himself real.

I wasn't trying to argue about meng hao vs sinbad in first, since in first his "plot manip" is just him seeing lower dimmension like fiction (like most of the higher dimmensionnal guy do lol)
Even generally it's wrong. Plot manipulation is literally reality ly warping, with the add-on that reality is a fictional story.

The add-on doesn't matter. Firstly, a writer making a story doesn't mean the plot manipulation is at the same level fő reality as the writer - you and I can write stories, but we can't manipulate plot in our reality.

But even if it did, when the enemy reality warping is of a higher dimension than your plot manipulation, and it has more versatility, and can do everything your plot can do, then a 4th wall break means nothing.

At that point, Meng Hao had all his hexes (excluding the last one) at peak power (the peak before transcendence). Just the first hex can return all things to their basic Essence (Beginning) while the second part of it can end them (endings) since it grants him power over beginnings-endings. This one is more than enough

That's simply wrong, and you can't assume that. The fact that you have to use "most of" should tell you that just assuming it's true is false, but regardless of general truth, it's also outright wrong for Meng Hao.

A type 1 concept, which Essence is, is by definition both "inner" and "outer". Literally, the concept of inside and outside are an Essence, and even otherwise it creates and contains all things in existence while being beyond them.

Having "better hax", as in it being 1-A? Because you absolutely win the higher reality game if one is 1-B while the other is 1-A. 1-B plot hax is not better just because of a fourth wall break.

Assuming you mean personage as on being forced into becoming a character, that is subjective reality. Which is what a domain is, but a more fiction/reality exemple just for this would be how the Sovereign Fan has the power to absorb something into its painting as a form of sealing, rendering them under its/the fan's onwer's control. That barely works on 2nd steppers. Or how Meng can just imagine his enemy being wounded, and make that wound become real. Or how even 1st steppers can resist having their dimensionality reduced.

Abilities like deciding choosing what is real and what isn't with the 1-A concept of real and unreal would also make turning him fictional an act of futility when he can just make himself real.
Plot in not a part if existance except if now you want to tell me that now we are fictionnal person, your litteraly nlf the concept if Essence here bruh.

A concept type 1 is both Inner and outer of reality and existence, nothing to do with the plot at least try ti understand what i tell, except if you want to tell that concept type 1 have inner plot résistance which you will need a CRT and a big amount of luck

Having higher hax doesn't mean that lower can't do a thing even more when the other have nothing to do with it

All the thing have still technically nothing to so here except now you can tell me that this thing can led him to resist that someone can just re make hil the personnage of the chapter 1 of his novel.

Resistance someone sealing you is resistance to sealing, not other thing.

Imagine a person being wounded making him wounded is subject reality yeah but never was plot manip, he doesn't want the fictional character just make is imagination reality like most of reality warper.

Reducing dimmensionnality nit mean resisting to plot manip bruh i can tell you name of perso that can use plot manip against people of higher dimmensionnality than them.

You like the guy that tell that concept shouldn't be inherently superior and in same time wank the Concept manip of the character you know... Concept manip and plot manip have nothing to do with the other, plot manip is not about real or unreal but about scenar and plot,

You can't tell that someone resisting mind manip will resist having someone that change the text of his bubble in the manga.

Even generally it's wrong. Plot manipulation is literally reality ly warping, with the add-on that reality is a fictional story.

The add-on doesn't matter. Firstly, a writer making a story doesn't mean the plot manipulation is at the same level fő reality as the writer - you and I can write stories, but we can't manipulate plot in our reality.

But even if it did, when the enemy reality warping is of a higher dimension than your plot manipulation, and it has more versatility, and can do everything your plot can do, then a 4th wall break means nothing.
You literaly describe only some amount of plot manip and litteraly generalize all of them, the plot can be too the setting of the fictionnal verse (the litteral setting) not the reality of the verse, it's the thing that control that reality in first. Many of the plot i know are litteraly able to change the setting of the verse they are in. Except if you want to tell that all fictionnal story are not fictionnal story i don't understand your add on this all the verse we talk here are fictionnal.

Some of the perso i know litteraly laugh at that, they don't give much about a being of their verse being higher dimmensionnal that them since their are still part of the setting of the fictional story so they can still do what they want to them as one control the setting and the other is a part of the setting, he can change the reality he will only change the reality inside of his verse and never change the setting itself.

So like i tell if you want tell that concept type 1 give resistance of plot manip, that creating and contains everything in existance(and existing beyond them) mean that you have created and be beyond thing like plot when that was never mentioned in your verse, or if you want to tell that plot manip is subject reality and so if you resist subject reality you resist plot manip then make a CRT.

If you want to tell that much that just because their power have praticaly same fonctionnality(like plot and reality wrapping/subject reality, or law/concept) it's the same power when they don't do it in the same manner nor by the same power. i think i can give everybody that kill someone death manip because in the end the guy is dead

Last edited:
As i'm okay with the fact that many profile that have plot manip listed don't have really plot manip jut just reality warping/subject reality and dimmensionnal thing but it exist real plot manip

But well we should not talk about this here since we already know that sinbad can't do a thing.

Last edited:
Plot in not a part if existance except if now you want to tell me that now we are fictionnal person, your litteraly nlf the concept if Essence here bruh.
It is, by definition. The general definition is "the main events of a play, novel, film, or similar work, devised and presented by the writer as an interrelated sequence". The plot is the sequence of events in a story, it's what happens in it.

Manipulating that, is reality-warping, just with the acknowledgment that the world is fictional. And like reality-warping, it can only do what it was shown to do, and wish-washy "I can do anything I imagine" is treated no differently than a reality warper claiming that.

The plot isn't separate. Reality is the story, the plot is how the story unfolds. It by nature is intrinsically a component of the story. "Plot" doesn't reside on the level of the writer - you can fantasize and write whatever, but you will never apply plot manipulation to reality.
A concept type 1 is both Inner and outer of reality and existence, nothing to do with the plot at least try ti understand what i tell, except if you want to tell that concept type 1 have inner plot résistance which you will need a CRT and a big amount of luck
I understand. I am saying you are wrong.

As I said above, the plot of a story is the course of events that happen. Essence would be both the story and the plot. Type 1 concepts could be the concept of apples - as with the "Ideal Apple" that is used as an example for it - but the type 1 concept of change, fate, and those things? They absolutely trump plot manipulation without feats on that level.

Having higher hax doesn't mean that lower can't do a thing even more when the other have nothing to do with it
Well, good thing that fate, beginning and endings, real and unreal, and so on very much do have something to do with what happens in reality. And what did we say plot was again?

All the thing have still technically nothing to so here except now you can tell me that this thing can led him to resist that someone can just re make hil the personnage of the chapter 1 of his novel.
So... you are arguing that 1-B plot manipulation will reduce him to the beginning of his story, when he controls and negates the 1-A concept of beginnings end endings.

Resistance someone sealing you is resistance to sealing, not other thing.
Alright, I will have to present to you a simple concept: ability titles mean nothing. And I mean that, as in what the wiki calls it. It's just a quick way to describe a power so that people with no knowledge can get a picture of what a character can do.

You could call an ability that forces atoms to stop vibrating as absolute zero, heat manipulation or matter manipulation. That does not mean, that if you tagged the power as absolute zero you'd need resistance to that, but if you tagged it as matter manipulation you'd need resistance to that.

Point is... just giving an ability a name means nothing. Show feats/statements of the power's mechanics and effects to tell whether it can be resisted or not, don't just throw the name of the power out.

Imagine a person being wounded making him wounded is subject reality yeah but never was plot manip, he doesn't want the fictional character just make is imagination reality like most of reality warper.
As opposed to plot manipulation, which changes reality to what a person wants it to be..? Again, plot manipulation is reality-warping, with the pretext of "reality" being fictional.

Reducing dimmensionnality nit mean resisting to plot manip bruh i can tell you name of perso that can use plot manip against people of higher dimmensionnality than them.
You can't name a character who can plot manipulate someone higher dimensional than their plot manipulation is, and a smurf existing means nothing. While becoming 2D isn't as big of a reduction as becoming fictional, it is still resisting one's power being put into a lower rder.
You like the guy that tell that concept shouldn't be inherently superior
If you mean the crt, it was for type 3 concepts. Type 1 has to exist beyond reality, that's what makes it type 1.
and in same time wank the Concept manip of the character you know...
Would you like for me to copy-paste the definition of "inherently"? Because a specific character means it isn't inherently, but in that specific case. There are a dozen quotes I can give you about how Dao and Essence create everything in existence, I can give you a quote that states that Essence creates but exist beyond everything, and there are plenty feats of it warping fundamental parts of reality from its elements to time or the distinction between real or false.

If you wish to claim hypocrisy, make sure that what I say actually contradicts what I claimed before.

Concept manip and plot manip have nothing to do with the other, plot manip is not about real or unreal but about scenar and plot,
In this case? They absolutely do, I ask you to provide me a single function that plot has that Essence wouldn't cover. In general? It's impossible to tell for the "nothin to do with the other", and wrong with "scenar and plot"... I mean, no surprise that "plot manipulation" alters the plot, but the scenary? Feats or nah. That isn't something you can assume is a standard power.

You can't tell that someone resisting mind manip will resist having someone that change the text of his bubble in the manga.
And you can't tell me that someone with resistance to reality-warping that resists their actions being changed through it wouldn't.

You literaly describe only some amount of plot manip and litteraly generalize all of them, the plot can be too the setting of the fictionnal verse (the litteral setting) not the reality of the verse, it's the thing that control that reality in first. Many of the plot i know are litteraly able to change the setting of the verse they are in. Except if you want to tell that all fictionnal story are not fictionnal story i don't understand your add on this all the verse we talk here are fictionnal.
I generalize... because you started talking of the power generally ("I wasn't trying to argue about meng hao vs sinbad"). If we aren't speaking of this fight, then we are speaking of the general mechanics of plot manipulation.

"Many of the plot i know" doesn't matter. Because those many aren't all, and their powers' mechanics are verse specific. Many of the fire users I know can only control ambient flames and not conjure it out of thing air. That doesn't mean that applies to all fire users.

Some of the perso i know litteraly laugh at that, they don't give much about a being of their verse being higher dimmensionnal that them since their are still part of the setting of the fictional story so they can still do what they want to them as one control the setting and the other is a part of the setting, he can change the reality he will only change the reality inside of his verse and never change the setting itself
Please read what I say: "when the enemy reality warping is of a higher dimension than your plot manipulation". Their physical body isn't part of the equation. Someone higher dimensional than the plot manipulation itself is what I was talking about.

So like i tell if you want tell that concept type 1 give resistance of plot manip,
Again, depends on what the type 1 concept manipulates. But plot manipulation without feats is tier 2 at most, it will never be able to affect a 1-A thing.

that creating and contains everything in existance(and existing beyond them) mean that you have created and be beyond thing like plot when that was never mentioned in your verse,
Being beyond the type 1 concept of beginnings and endings alone, would mean that "the main events of a play, novel, film, or similar work, devised and presented by the writer as an interrelated sequence" doesn't apply to you.

or if you want to tell that plot manip is subject reality and so if you resist subject reality you resist plot manip then make a CRT.
Why would I? "Oh, you want to tell me that this character resists manipulation because they have empathic manipulation resistance? Then make a crt, those two names are obviously different." See above, about how the title of a power means nothing.

Ricsi spat straight facts above. That's all I'll say on this.

Anyway, point is that Meng Hao beats Sinbad. Plot can be discussed elsewhere.

It is, by definition. The general definition is "the main events of a play, novel, film, or similar work, devised and presented by the writer as an interrelated sequence". The plot is the sequence of events in a story, it's what happens in it.

Manipulating that, is reality-warping, just with the acknowledgment that the world is fictional. And like reality-warping, it can only do what it was shown to do, and wish-washy "I can do anything I imagine" is treated no differently than a reality warper claiming that.

The plot isn't separate. Reality is the story, the plot is how the story unfolds. It by nature is intrinsically a component of the story. "Plot" doesn't reside on the level of the writer - you can fantasize and write whatever, but you will never apply plot manipulation to reality.

I understand. I am saying you are wrong.

As I said above, the plot of a story is the course of events that happen. Essence would be both the story and the plot. Type 1 concepts could be the concept of apples - as with the "Ideal Apple" that is used as an example for it - but the type 1 concept of change, fate, and those things? They absolutely trump plot manipulation without feats on that level.

Well, good thing that fate, beginning and endings, real and unreal, and so on very much do have something to do with what happens in reality. And what did we say plot was again?

So... you are arguing that 1-B plot manipulation will reduce him to the beginning of his story, when he controls and negates the 1-A concept of beginnings end endings.

Alright, I will have to present to you a simple concept: ability titles mean nothing. And I mean that, as in what the wiki calls it. It's just a quick way to describe a power so that people with no knowledge can get a picture of what a character can do.

You could call an ability that forces atoms to stop vibrating as absolute zero, heat manipulation or matter manipulation. That does not mean, that if you tagged the power as absolute zero you'd need resistance to that, but if you tagged it as matter manipulation you'd need resistance to that.

Point is... just giving an ability a name means nothing. Show feats/statements of the power's mechanics and effects to tell whether it can be resisted or not, don't just throw the name of the power out.

As opposed to plot manipulation, which changes reality to what a person wants it to be..? Again, plot manipulation is reality-warping, with the pretext of "reality" being fictional.

You can't name a character who can plot manipulate someone higher dimensional than their plot manipulation is, and a smurf existing means nothing. While becoming 2D isn't as big of a reduction as becoming fictional, it is still resisting one's power being put into a lower rder.

If you mean the crt, it was for type 3 concepts. Type 1 has to exist beyond reality, that's what makes it type 1.

Would you like for me to copy-paste the definition of "inherently"? Because a specific character means it isn't inherently, but in that specific case. There are a dozen quotes I can give you about how Dao and Essence create everything in existence, I can give you a quote that states that Essence creates but exist beyond everything, and there are plenty feats of it warping fundamental parts of reality from its elements to time or the distinction between real or false.

If you wish to claim hypocrisy, make sure that what I say actually contradicts what I claimed before.

In this case? They absolutely do, I ask you to provide me a single function that plot has that Essence wouldn't cover. In general? It's impossible to tell for the "nothin to do with the other", and wrong with "scenar and plot"... I mean, no surprise that "plot manipulation" alters the plot, but the scenary? Feats or nah. That isn't something you can assume is a standard power.

And you can't tell me that someone with resistance to reality-warping that resists their actions being changed through it wouldn't.

I generalize... because you started talking of the power generally ("I wasn't trying to argue about meng hao vs sinbad"). If we aren't speaking of this fight, then we are speaking of the general mechanics of plot manipulation.

"Many of the plot i know" doesn't matter. Because those many aren't all, and their powers' mechanics are verse specific. Many of the fire users I know can only control ambient flames and not conjure it out of thing air. That doesn't mean that applies to all fire users.

Please read what I say: "when the enemy reality warping is of a higher dimension than your plot manipulation". Their physical body isn't part of the equation. Someone higher dimensional than the plot manipulation itself is what I was talking about.

Again, depends on what the type 1 concept manipulates. But plot manipulation without feats is tier 2 at most, it will never be able to affect a 1-A thing.

Being beyond the type 1 concept of beginnings and endings alone, would mean that "the main events of a play, novel, film, or similar work, devised and presented by the writer as an interrelated sequence" doesn't apply to you.

Why would I? "Oh, you want to tell me that this character resists manipulation because they have empathic manipulation resistance? Then make a crt, those two names are obviously different." See above, about how the title of a power means nothing.
It's still would need a CRT as you identify plot manip simply as reality warping when the page tell that it's a variation of reality warping that do that "Plot Manipulation is the ability to control the plot itself. Examples include altering the plot, creating/destroying stories, changing speech bubbles, changing the Setting, etc." and not just reality warping itself and it's really tell "changing the setting".

oh and plot is litteraly one of the synonym of scenario.

For your standart of concept Type 1. i'm pretty sure that the new staff thread directly tell you no (because now type 1 will not be automatically beyond but just independant) and even without that transcending concept type 1 of begginning and end doesn't mean they will transcend the capacity of the plot to let have this never existed. His transcendance over type 1 will never change the fact that if the writer want to re write all the story he will not be able to do anything. As him having transcending this concept is still litteraly a part of the plot (him transcending this concept will allow him to go back to these event no to go back to the moment when chapter 1 is written, him going back to the first event like you tell he should be able, will still be in the continuation of the story)

And again praticaly all the 1-A verse have the same quote that describes a concept type like Essence and the transcending of thisetc and even better that this, and this still was never consider as including plot manip if it's not specifically mentionned or existing in verse. Don't understand why it should be the exception in your verse.

"Point is... just giving an ability a name means nothing. Show feats/statements of the power's mechanics and effects to tell whether it can be resisted or not, don't just throw the name of the power out."

This is amusing when you guy just go with he tell to have the resistance of this power so he resist all possible application of this power even if this doesn't in his verse.

Yeah because you see as a time travel when it's not, show me feat this key of Meng hao existing in chap 1 of i shall seal the heaven.

I have explicated after that many of the plot manip show in the profile of not plot manip but just like you what you describe in many of them (sinbad is a good exemple since his "plot manip" came from just being a higher dimmensionnal being) i have described you what i see as plot manip and why it's not what you describe.

It's not the reality as being fictionnal but the reality being a part of the fiction. It's litteraly why when personnage that can change the reality doesn't change the fiction.

Now i want you to prove that this since the concept type 1 of begginning and ending since i never see a being that transcende this concept going back to the chapter/ep 1 of the story or going above thing that is still not existing in the plot. (so the real scenario of the event)

Not only the name is different, the application is different fir some of them and event the page state this as being different so yeah.

Last edited:
lmao people choose this place to discuss about it instead of better place like question and answer also grab some popcorn

Impressive argument , who could win here ? , I'm bet on ricsi side.
If we use the generality of plot manip being the ability to manipulate lower dimmension like most of people have then what he tell are correct but i don't see it being correct for some verse because their show the contrary of what he tell about plot manip being only the manipulation if reality when reality is the fiction when in their case it's more the fiction encompassing the Reality as the Reality is just the description of the event that can be changed by personnage like if they go in the past, but it will not change what happen in the continuity of the fiction (the chapter will not disappear)

it isnt that big looks at demonbane
cover1.png

it isnt that big looks at demonbane
Those kinds of downgrades are understandable though. Because it's based on cosmology which can completely change based on one or two sentences.\
But for someone who's not higher dimensional to get such a massive downgrade... Means 6-C was probably always an inflated stat not backed up by much.

For example; no matter what inconsistency pops up or is discovered in MHA, All Might would never be downgraded to 9-B at his peak. Same with most other superhuman 3D verses.

But for someone who's not higher dimensional to get such a massive downgrade... Means 6-C was probably always an inflated stat not backed up by much.
It was based on SoL kinetic energy, but the light speed attack literally takes a single frame so no-one scales to it in speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back