• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove hanyu from 1C she is already from umineko
You are very much mistaken. Hanyuu is not from Umineko, she is from Higurashi. Not only has Hanyuu never shown up in Umineko, but none of Umineko's characters ever show up in Higurashi. Yes, people have pointed out the connection between Hanyuu and Featherine, but all that is just speculation, with Higurashi Gou not even confirming anything about their relationship. Yes, Rika Furude and Bernkastel have a connection with one another, but they are still different people, so to merge the franchises together because of this is impractical—not to mention that their connection is still being speculated for the most part.

It's be much more accurate to say that she is from the "When they Cry" series since it is confirmed that Higurashi, Umineko, and Ciconia are in the same verse or so. I do advise against having Characters from the "When they Cry" series as a whole display here since not all of them have 1-A or so powers, especially considering Ciconia characters do not have higher dimensional abilities from what I am aware of—and it is not even finished. So it is much better to separate the series still.

Last edited:
You are very much mistaken. Hanyuu is not from Umineko, she is from Higurashi.
Even with all that said, she's still imperially connected to the Umineko verse, and her profile itself uses things that have to do with Umineko cosmology; so it really makes no sense to separate them.

I do advise against having Characters from the "When they Cry" series as a whole display here since not all of them have 1-A or so powers, especially considering Ciconia characters do not have higher dimensional abilities from what I am aware of—and it is not even finished. So it is much better to separate the series still.
With the only exception being Shinza, not all verses here are 100% made of smurfs and we still put them as "characters from X", it's not like the spot cares to the weaker characters, anyway.

With the only exception being Shinza, not all verses here are 100% made of smurfs and we still put them as "characters from X", it's not like the spot cares to the weaker characters, anyway.
In that case, it would be just fine so long as you make it clear that you are referring to characters from the whole When they Cry verse and not just Umineko.
YungManzi said: "Even with all that said, she's still imperially connected to the Umineko verse, and her profile itself uses things that have to do with Umineko cosmology; so it really makes no sense to separate them."
And yet you act as though it is sensible to have Hanyuu, who is not an Umineko character regardless of what you just said, be considered a character in Umineko. Umineko is not the whole WTC-verse. And, yes, the series are connected as was confirmed many times, but—as I am going to say once more—that does not mean Hanyuu is an Umineko character. Umineko is its own story and is simply part of the series just like Higurashi and Ciconia. I also disagree that the cosmology of WTC is that of Umineko's when Higurashi was the series to first explain said matter AND was around before Umineko. Umineko added more explanations and descriptions of the cosmology as well as add more characters to the WTC-verse as its own story, but that does not in any way implicate it "owning" the cosmology like you are implying. Regardless, referring to characters from the whole WTC series would be better than simply referring only

People really need to stop acting like Umineko is the entire WTC verse.

I mean, people call Shinza as "dies irae" a lot, and Nasuverse as "Fate" or "Fateverse", and Toaru as "Raildex" and so on, so i don't really see the problem, but whatever.

Eh, tege argument would have no legs to stand in regardless.

They are in a shared universe. Whatever title you give the universe, it still takes only a single spot.

...That's it.

Meng Hao can probably take 2nd Low 1-C for more or less the same reasons as he took 1st 2-B. 1-A Resistance to everything Sinbad (except perhaps plot manip) and 1-A sealing and power null.

Power Null was passive IIRC as well as sealing. I'll have to check on the latter though.

I fail to see how that overcomes 1-A sealing plus Meng's own resistance to the Dao of Karma, the 1-A concept of causality and fate.
Sinbad doesn't have resistance to any of them but Meng doesn't have resistance to plot manip and Sinbad's divine protection is passive

no one in Magi has resistance to 1-A hax so maybe it will work and damn I hate to compare which passive hax is faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back