• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rimuru never holds his aura back when in battle then it should be active in this instance since both characters would know this is a battle.
Ah yes he actively hold it back when he in his town since he didn't want to kill his citizen, and yes he didnt hold it back when he is in battle. Which is why i said holding back his aura should be a non factor in vs battle.

Time: The time and date are chosen in such a fashion that all characters are at their strongest. Paradoxes like it being night for one character, while being day for another are acceptable here. If extreme advantages are generated via this regulation to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

Rimuru have his passives active Unless he hold it back during battle.

Bleach should lose their soul crush passives then.
They only have passives for ppl who never hold back. The rest just have it as in character openings.

Time: The time and date are chosen in such a fashion that all characters are at their strongest. Paradoxes like it being night for one character, while being day for another are acceptable here. If extreme advantages are generated via this regulation to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

Rimuru have his passives active Unless he hold it back during battle.
How did you get that from the text? My guy, it's talking about the time of day/year. Example Escanor, for escanor it's noon. Not "take the moment your character was poppin off and had everything activated".

We assume their fate hax negs it by default, but yeah there are ppl in 6-C who can neg it. Actually most desperados have ways around it (Edel has causality control, naseem has drying, nene has 10D bfr, Stella and Xiaoli EE).
Wait what? What did the fate hax do to get high godly negation? Also I don't think Existence Erasure nor Causality Manipulation can negate high godly regeneration unless it mentions/shows they can.

He releases it in battle mode, but he holds it back every other time. We take the characters off of random encounter, not after having the battle of their life already having all their stuff they wouldn't usually have active.
I am pretty sure we take them at their strongest in each key which would mean his aura is released.

How did you get that from the text? My guy, it's talking about the time of day/year. Example Escanor, for escanor it's noon. Not "take the moment your character was poppin off and had everything activated".
You didn't get the point, at their strongest, Escanor example is not wrong but the Time when Rimuru at battle which mean he will release his aura. It's not limited on conditional peak like Escanor.

"take the moment your character was poppin off and had everything activated"

If the character was just poppin off out nowhere then means Rimuru passive were active since he need to suppress it to hold it back.

Personally, I feel this is grasping at straws. If the aura is passive and actively held back, I do believe that we take it to be already released when in battle.

I think? I'm not sure.

Regardless, I don't think that can be compared to a passive aura, unless a person has to expend effort to keep a sword sheathed.

I think? I'm not sure.

Regardless, I don't think that can be compared to a passive aura, unless a person has to expend effort to keep a sword sheathed.
Well, both Rimuru's aura and a sword are useless while "inside" and both are "released" whenever the user is in battle, but for most part of the day they will be 'inside", i think it's less about "effort is needed" and more about "it isn't out 24/7".

Well, both Rimuru's aura and a sword are useless while "inside" and both are "released" whenever the user is in battle, but for most part of the day they will be 'inside", i think it's less about "effort is needed" and more about "it isn't out 24/7".
Yes, i carry an unseathed sword when i'm going to a market or when i'm going to sleep too but i seathed it when i'm going to kill someone.

Honestly thats dumb argument and false equation. Passives =/= a Seathed Sword.

WTF? I didn't say that. My point is that if we treat swordsman as already having their swords unseathed at battle start we should do the same to Rimuru's aura.

WTF? I didn't say that. My point is that if we treat swordsman as already having their swords unseathed at battle start we should do the same to Rimuru's aura.
Oh.. i thought your argument is about sword is seathed at the start of battle.

But still it's not about "isn't out 24/7" but wether they're out when needed or not and of course that's not equal to Passives in general which needed an effort to "seathed" it and should be always active by default.

I am pretty sure we take them at their strongest in each key which would mean his aura is released.
Not really otherwise everyone would have passives via having them released already. Ikki would have desperado passives via having his bloodlust released. Stella would have EE passives via being at max power in her heat.

We even had a separate discussion for Reinhard and his spear passives. And it was concluded that he gets to keep his spear since apparently he was keeping his spear around even as he was playing random chess games, so in a random encounter he would probably have it. People at their strongest means "at their strongest keys" (which in this case it isn't cus we're forcing a key that is not his strongest) and/or "at their strongest time of day" (like i said, example escanor).

Considering that i got into an argument once and it was decided that rakudai shouldn't start with their weapons out then yes they do come out with their sword sheathed. Again:

Preparation time: None. That means there is no time between the character knowing there is going to be some battle and the point they may start killing each other. They are, in a single instant, transported to the battlefield from their everyday activities, equipped with their equipment, transformed to the character version they battle in and given the correct state of mind.

So unless they have stuff out from their everyday activities, no.

You didn't get the point, at their strongest, Escanor example is not wrong but the Time when Rimuru at battle which mean he will release his aura. It's not limited on conditional peak like Escanor.

Where you got that i have no idea. Time is not about "time when they're battling" it's about "time of day/date", it evens says "time or date" in there.

Personally, I feel this is grasping at straws. If the aura is passive and actively held back, I do believe that we take it to be already released when in battle.

If the aura is being held back you need a thought to activate it again. You need to release the restraint on it. That requires conscious thoughts.

Last edited:
Not really otherwise everyone would have passives via having them released already. Ikki would have desperado passives via having his bloodlust released. Stella would have EE passives via being at max power in her heat.

We even had a separate discussion for Reinhard and his spear passives. And it was concluded that he gets to keep his spear since apparently he was keeping his spear around even as he was playing random chess games, so in a random encounter he would probably have it. People at their strongest means "at their strongest keys" (which in this case it isn't cus we're forcing a key that is not his strongest) and/or "at their strongest time of day" (like i said, example escanor).
I mean most of those passive have to be actively released with effort rather than expend effort in holding back. Also I assumed that Stella had her passives on in fights as long as she was in her dragon mode especially since it has its own tier.

I mean Reinhard is kinda his own case and it is based on the fact that he always has his spear he still expend effort in brining it out though as compared to holding the spear back.

Anyway it's how I assume it works I don't exactly know a character like rimuru who holds back stuff like that actively. The closest being bleach though that is debatable in it self.

Last edited:
I mean most of those passive have to be actively released with effort rather than expend effort in holding back.
I mean whether it takes or doesn't take effort to hold back doesn't make a difference since both of those would need to have a "release" at the start of a battle.

I think it was due to him losing his 5-A key once.

Fang Mu and Meng Hao (Post Immortal Ascension) should be removed from 3-B. They got upgraded to full on Low 2-C.
Btw, Fang Mu should be "Characters from Ergenverse" at No. 3 Low 2-C. With exception of Immortal key Meng Hao, all Er Gen Low 2-Cs have the same reasons for beating Chrysalis that Fang Mu had. And those reasons didn't even get into how they all have 1-A concept-hax.

Considering that i got into an argument once and it was decided that rakudai shouldn't start with their weapons out then yes they do come out with their sword sheathed. Again:
I think i can see why is that happening, thats because they need to summon their weapon just like Reinhard have to summon his Spear despite that being his standard equipment, of course you can't compare it to always active passives.
This is passives when activated, while Rimiru is always active passives. Completely different thing.

Preparation time: None. That means there is no time between the character knowing there is going to be some battle and the point they may start killing each other. They are, in a single instant, transported to the battlefield from their everyday activities, equipped with their equipment, transformed to the character version they battle in and given the correct state of mind.
Pretty much all his ability were reset to default. Since they're transformed to specific key and the state of mind is corrected to battle mode and battle mode = not held his aura back.

This discussion is no different than the previous thread at all.

1. No one agree with you.

2. You're stone walling them.

3. Too tired going in circle argument.

I think i can see why is that happening, thats because they need to summon their weapon just like Reinhard have to summon his Spear despite that being his standard equipment, of course you can't compare it to always active passives.
Passives they need to stop holding back on.

This is passives when activated, while Rimiru is always active passives. Completely different thing.
Rimuru holds back his passives. Not much different from Ikki holding back his bloodlust. What's your point? Held back is held back.

Pretty much all his ability were reset to default. Since they're transformed to specific key and the state of mind is corrected to battle mode and battle mode = not held his aura back.
Again, misinterpreting the text. "Correct mindset" in this case just means "oh so this is a battle and i can kill if i want", which as you may have guessed is a conscious thought.

1. No one agree with you.
Ion agreed.

2. You're stone walling them.
It's a matter of opinion. From my point of view you're the one stonewalling.

3. Too tired going in circle argument.
You're the one doing that.

Passives they need to stop holding back on.
Yes, he did stop holding back when he is in battle. Your point?

Rimuru holds back his passives. Not much different from Ikki holding back his bloodlust. What's your point? Held back is held back.
So when in battle Ikki always full of bloodlust? I watch Rakudai so i know that's isn't true.

Again, misinterpreting the text. "Correct mindset" in this case just means "oh so this is a battle and i can kill if i want", which as you may have guessed is a conscious thought.
So everyone must start with non-combat state before the battle? What if Rimuru is eating Shion's dish, will he teleported with it to battlefield?

Ion agreed
I feel bad for @Ionliosite , his name keep brought up in here.

It's a matter of opinion. From my point of view you're the one stonewalling.
I said them though

You're the one doing that.
I mean we're going in circle because the only one who disagrees with Rimuru's passives is you.

Yes, he did stop holding back when he is in battle. Your point?
He did stop, a conscious thought.
So when in battle Ikki always full of bloodlust? I watch Rakudai so i know that's isn't true.
Never said that, but it wouldn't be the case even if he were.
So everyone must start with non-combat state before the battle? What if Rimuru is eating Shion's dish, will he teleported with it to battlefield?
Yes, it's from their everyday activity. Ofc doesn't mean you can bring up ridiculous times, it's like saying "what if he was in the toilet?". So in general just assume he was having an average talk with someone or taking a stroll, they're pretty fair daily activities.
I feel bad for @Ionliosite , his name keep brought up in here.
I mean, cus he agreed. I don't see your point.
I said them though
Same thing, still a matter of opinion, not fact.
I mean we're going in circle because the only one who disagrees with Rimuru's passives is you.
I mean so if anyone is trying to prove you wrong is by default arguing in circles? Yeah that seems like a fair take on a debate. Good point, i feel defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back