• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Novel Kars vs Lavos (Grace)

That's weird. Isn't D4Cs range 2A by default? Wasn't the original D4C like that? It'd be pretty weird for an upgraded version to be lower than the original.

Still, the stands can't put him down due to type 3 acausality
That's weird. Isn't D4Cs range 2A by default? Wasn't the original D4C like that? It'd be pretty weird for an upgraded version to be lower than the original.
It works differently I think? I don't know

I feel like I should clarify, but D4C's "universal range" is the universal creation range, which is universal, for obvious reasons.

The dimensional hop and manifestation range aren't even listed. But the dimensional hop is indeed 2-A.

A lot of stand profiles are missing a bunch of range specifications, they usually only ever list like the manifestation range or an ability range but rarely ever both, let alone the ranges on multiple abilities (Jotaro is like one of a few that specifies all his shit). It's an issue and I've been working on fixing it for awhile in a sticknote, it's about half done, mostly need to finish getting scans and shit for half the verse.

I feel like I should clarify, but D4C's "universal range" is the universal creation range.

The dimensional hop and manifestation range aren't even listed. But the dimensional hop is indeed 2-A.

A lot of stand profiles are missing a bunch of range specifications, they usually only ever list like the manifestation range or an ability range but rarely ever both, let alone the ranges on multiple abilities. It's an issue and I've been working on fixing it for awhile in a sticknote, it's about half done, mostly need to finish getting scans and shit for half the verse.
Wait, D4CU can create universes?

Wait, D4CU can create universes?
Only in the novel. He can create universes to enter or BFR to. Though it can also move and hop through pre-existing ones as well.

Apparently Novel Kars needs a CRT honestly.
Eh, he's mostly fine.
The only thing that's an issue is maybe a lack of scans (I'll do that later in the big Crt) and just a range specification on a few things, also the fact he can turn into metal but that's super mundane and irrelevant. But that's not a Kars issue that's a jojo issue in general.

Unless you mean the universe creation thing? In which case I think it is mentioned actually. It's listed in the technique section. It's not combat applicable though.

Anyways, I can't vote, but pretty sure this is incon. Kars kills Lavos, another lavos comes and BFRs kars, Kars comes back and kills or incaps that lavos, another lavos comes back, kars nukes the universe, another lavos comes from a different universe, rinse and repeat

Lavos always leads with his fire rain spam if I can remember much from the Chrono Trigger fight in the Ocean Palace, and then a bunch of other set attacks that can cause confusion.

Does Kars have an immunity to Lavos' Soul Manip/Spatial Manip disintegration?

Lavos always leads with his fire rain spam if I can remember much from the Chrono Trigger fight in the Ocean Palace, and then a bunch of other set attacks that can cause confusion.

How good is the soul-hax?

Soul manip is resisted, spatial manip disintegration is covered by type 8

Plus, can Lavos even see the Stands? People who could see ghosts couldn't see them IIRC. And Nigh-Omniscience doesn't translate to knowledge about another verse.

How good is the soul-hax?
Well Lavos essentially disintegrated someone where even regular time travel could not bring them back without a special method of switching out the victim for a dummy. I assume Kars resists his sealing, matter manip and resistance negations yeah?

Well Lavos essentially disintegrated someone where even regular time travel could not bring them back without a special method of switching out the victim for a dummy. I assume Kars resists his sealing, matter manip and resistance negations yeah?
I mean, that sounds like Deconstruction more than soul-hax but Kars' resistance is in the countless range so it doesn't matter.

As for all of those, D4C takes care of it by binding to another Kars.

Back