• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 15 Strongest Fate Servants

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
But, that's God Angra, the one spawned by the Holy Grail, and isn't a servant anymore by any means.
Not really, iirc Gilgamesh himself refers to grailed Angra Mainyu as "another servant" in the UBW route when he is about to fall into the black hole, so he should technically still be valid as part of this list. Angra Mainyu isn't really a god either, just the concept of "all the world's evil" manifested.

???

There's no Grailed Angra Mainyu, that's a Grand Order thing.

And no, he's not a Servant by any means anymore. He's literally been altered by the wishes of the grail to become a God of evil. Servant Angra Mainyu is a super weak dude that has barely any shit going for him because he was a random shmuck chosen to be tortured as All The World's Evils.

Grailed Angra Mainyu is just how I abbreviate Angra Mainyu in the grail. Also, don't just ignore Gilgamesh explicitly calling grailed Angra Mainyu a servant (if he wasn't one, he wouldn't have been able to form a servant contract with Sakura after she killed Shinji). Despite being abnormal, he is still considered a servant essentially. Also, yes, normally Angra Mainyu is the weakest servant, but that changes when he enters the grail because of the curse on him. The grail doesn't turn him into an actual divine spirit like Tiamat, Ishtar, Quetz, etc though. He's literally just 5.6 billion curses manifested, the only reason he has the title of the Zoroastrian god of evil is because that's what the everyone called him, he's not an real divine spirit even in the grail. Therefore, at least while grailed, he's one of the most powerful non-divine servants out there.

How could Angra Mainyu be a Servant when:

1) It was already dead. 2) It was nothing more than the copied soul that gets absorbed into the grail to power it up.

And no... he is, literally, a God of Evil. That's Kirei's entire freaking mission. Letting Angra Mainyu be born so he can witness an evil creature being born and better understanding himself. That's also why Shirou Excali-***** the grail in the normal Heaven's Feel ending, because Angra Mainyu is in there and about to be born. That's the literal point of the entire route, the wish of him being a god of evil to excuse peoples of their sins got granted, but he wasn't fully formed yet.

Not to mention, Servant contracts don't provide the master with Mana, is a one way street, which was exactly what Angra Mainyu did with Sakura. A magical connection doesn't need to be a Servant Contract.

Well, in the words of Gilgamesh: "Does it not know that a fellow servant cannot be made its core?"

He probably knows more about Angra Mainyu than any of us, if he calls it a servant, it probably is.

Characters aren't inherently perfect beings... It doesn't matter who is making the statement, if they are wrong, they are wrong. And the information makes it obvious that Angra Mainyu has no way of being a Servant.

He already died, he has no class, he wasn't summoned but made by the wish, and we ain't even sure if he has a Saint Graph.

I think it's very unprobable for Gilgamesh to be wrong given he's shown to be incredibly knowledgable of the setting in general and had close contact with Angra Mainyu (in his own words, he "understood the true identity of the Holy Grail"), but I'm too lazy to read the entirety of HF again to look for proof that verifies who is correct.

We don't even use the author's own words unless they don't clash with what is shown in the work, why would Gilgamesh get preferential treatment?

What he says and what should be the case by the information that is given to us are entirely different things.

Unless I forgot something, he couldn't against a GODDESS Tiamat, not against Quetz, since he could only hold her in place for a few moment.

Quetz isn't Tiamat and this is Servant Quetz, not God Quetz. It has no reason not to work.

was more talking about how kingu was unable to catch coatl aslong as she had vision. and the time where he got one lucky hit , coatl used it to close the range between them.

And that was coatl without buffs who was still playing wrestling instead of hurting kingu.

you could now argue servant coatl is slower / slower reactions time

Then that's just on him not catching her instead of her being unable to be caught. And that's still Goddess Quetz, she's stupidly powerful without buffs.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Then that's just on him not catching her instead of her being unable to be caught. And that's still Goddess Quetz, she's stupidly powerful without buffs.
1. What is that for a argument. Its not about her being able to dodge its about him not hitting her? If he activly trys to hit her and shows no sign of failing on purpos we may be able to say coatl had something to do with that?

hey maybe Gil isnt hitting people, people just dont dodge ?

2. Again I ask you why that matters when you dont imply servant coatl loses big on skill and speed. Also she can as servant buff herself with clairvoyance A and similiar anyway.

Without bringing up the scene in specific I really can't take yoHOIMur word for it. For all I know she could have been dodging, which isn't something impossible to deal with, or using her Anti-Good authority because ****.

You mean like... Berserker did yet he still got grabbed? If you wanna say she dodges multiple chains coming off multiple portals that can appear right besides her just because, I guess go ahead.

So now we are assuming Servants don't lose speed despite the fact many are canonically much weaker as Servants? Among those Gil, who can react to Massively FTL? Or Enkidu, who is comparable to him?

Well she does exactly that. You can look up Kingu vs Coatl. He also uses portals to summon the chains.

Again you can always argue that Gilgamesh somehow has better faster chains. But i doubt it.

Also its alive Kingu vs goddes coatl. So both would scale down in speed if thats treu, not changing the situation

Also since when do we apply a rule just because of a few getting slower ?

Yes there is scaling like siegfried not being able to use balmung as fast. But it seems like a massive assumption to say that a character who dodges with ease a stronger version of an attack will now suddenly not be able to dodge a weaker version

Oh wait, you are using the anime as an example....? No wonder. As flawed as going by it is, not only does Kingu suck at using them (seriously, most of the time they are coming from one general direction, and to make it worse almost exclusively summons them close to himself), he does catch her once in the short scuffle. Gilgamesh, despite being highly weakened, also dealt pretty easily with his attacks until he actually opened a portal like a few centimeters from his leg.

I don't need to. He actually knows how to use them, and they have a binding effect based on divinity, unlike... whatever Kingu was using, god knows what it was.

Is not a rule, is common sense. Servants more powerful in life have a general drop in power. Unless you also wanna say is a coincidence that the Grand Servant, who get a boost in power, are much, much quicker (Orion and Artemis being one blatant case).

A "stronger" version that isn't used as skillfully while she was so much faster? It seems pretty logical to me that she gets caught by someone that actually knows how to use the chains. Unlike the anime, she can't just jump off... air apparently, to evade the attacks. Her non-existent maneuverability would have doomed her just like Herc in the middle of the air, but the main worry was cool action scenes, not logic.

you are joking right? Without any proof of Kingu being worse at the chains , and saying anime doesnt count as a source and even saying whats shown isnt possible, even so its canon. Thats your whole argument?

What if Gil also sucks at using the chains?

Show me his perfected placed chains then NOT FROM ANY ANIME OR GAME, since it seems they dont count ?

Seriously now, if you dont want to have a fair discussion with examples , maybd write a blog about your headcanon instead :>

You are asking me for proof when Kingu quite literally throws the things in big groups from one general direction, easy to avoid direction while Gilgamesh has repeatedly summoned them from multiple angles, close to the target, or while they were in the air and unable to move? And yes, the anime is superceded by the game which is the canon source, especially since they are prone to change stuff for Rule of Cool. Pfft!

If you don't even know, not sure why you argue the point.

I mean, I already gave examples. Another example of changing things for drama - Gil easily anticipates Herc reviving even when is last life is used and lunging at him, so he calmly opens portals close to his body to puncture him with his weapons, while in the anime he's shown freaking out for no real reason.

You could drop your passive aggressive bullshit instead, that'd be more productive. Plus, Gil was forced to battle Enkidu for 3 days and nights when they first meet and was so pushed they would both die if their battle continued. A weakened Gilgamesh without the majority of his treasury, on the other hand, barely had any trouble with Kingu. Yeah, Kingu does a pretty shitty job at being Enkidu.

A weakend gilgamesh who was much more expirienced at this point, already fought Enkidu and was used to the type of fighting vs gilgamesh who used this type of combat for the first time and had his first real fight.

colour me suprised he did much better this time.

Also if you would watch the episode you would see , while they all come from one direction, the moment she is in the air they come from multiply.

And again we know from Cu that protection from arrows is enough to stall Gil. which coatl can give herself on a higher rank if you really want to push that kingu is this much weaker

Except Enkidu could perfectly match Gilgamesh again in Strange Fake, Archer Gilgamesh at tht.. All that changes is his personality, Caster Gil is not more experienced than Archer Gil. Kingu is just worse than Enkidu.

They still mostly come from one direction. I even saw the thing in slow motion to make sure. And somehow, she moves away from them... in the middle of the air... when she can't fly. Makes awful lot of sense.

You... do know that Gil was simply having fun, right? Not even against Cu does he try and be serious, because the best Cu could ever hope to do is stall. A few dozen bullets give him trouble, when Gilgamesh can fire thousands easily. Let me make this sweeter, this is the description from Complete Material 3, " As long as the attack is a thrown type, he can avoid even Noble Phantasms, but he can't gain the effects of this protection with respect to wide range attack types where the attack range of the weapon explodes on impact, or a direct attack by a weapon that has simply long reach." Wide range attack types, which Gil has, and an attack by a weapon with a long reach... you know, like a really long chain. Both things Gilgamesh perfectly has in big quantities.

The fact Cu could take his time is an achievement no matter what, but it is still simple fact Gilgamesh could have ended that battle much sooner without much issue.

Mysterious Heroine XX definetly makes into this list. Number 2 or 1 if i had to guess. I'll be making her profile when summer comes out (alongside psycho waifu BB).

Alright let's assume Gilgamesh somehow is faster and more skilled with his chains. He will run into the next problem.

Good Gods Wisom A+ : She can give herself and her pet ( which is a divine beast which have ridiculous magic resistance) almost every skill she wants outsite of divinity and once which are owned by specific hero's and makes them A rank.

As we know Herc was able to break free of them. Now imagine a Coatl with Valor A , Monstreous strength A , Innocent Monster A ans other buffs , or just stack multiply types of protection of arrow. Clairvoyance + minds eye A and so on. Maybe add a little eternal arms mastery to do it like lancelot.

Basically Gil with all weapons vs Coatl with all skills

And if that's not enough. Her authority isn't deactivated, just weakend giving her even more advantage against Gil.

1. Quetzalcoatl as she is kinda a cheat character as a prime god

2. Gilgamesh because Gilgamesh

3. Arjuna for is lost belt actions

Last place Angra who is the weakest servant , called by himself . other servants, and by proof of him dying 1 minute into the only grail war he was part of

Dante I still dont see as speed shouldnt be reason alone for a character to win everything , as he cant even touch many servants even with his speed

Not sure, as is he really a normal servant ? Also as we dont count Nobu who stomps him for some reason, idk if we should count him

I mean he is a servant that can be summoned hes just an Irregular Class which is allowed.

Nobu "stomps" him the same why shed stomp Quetzalcoatl, her abilities are geared specifically towards killing divine beings so against demi gods or gods shes near unbeatable but against others shes stong but not unbeatable.

You are free to tell me what skill she can get that would let her not be trapped, especially when Gil will know what she's doing. Clairvoyance also doesn't do much with a bunch of chains going after you while in the air. And that is if he doesn't decide to bombard her without a care with weapons as she's dodging.

Herc breaking free was a freak accident, a one time only thing. Unless you are saying he simply didn't care about Illya so he didn't try until after he and by extension she was dead. Before this, he was perfectly trapped and unable to do anything. And I don't see how Valor, a skill that heightens attack power, has anything to do with lifting strength. You are also free to show Quetz actually pulling out the perfect skill that she needs for any specific situation. Saying she can do it and actually having proof she does are veeeery different things.

And what would she do with said Authority...? Am waiting, feel free to say.

So yeah, Gil breaks Quetz's face into pieces still.

How does Gil know what she is doing? The only knowing the other is Coatl who remembers Gil while he is summoned without such knowledge. And we saw she has no problem dodging mid air. You can now say thats only in the anime, but that would open a different can of worms.

Also the wind serpent cant move in the air? Sounds kinda weird.

Was it stated to be a one time thing? Maybe for him? Coatl is not herc and they are not really comparable in strength.

Also again Coatl KNOWS who Gil is , while Gil IC doesnt use his cheat ability to get such informations. She doesnt has this ability because she never used the ability, but beacuse she teached the humans and similiar over thousand of years. She has the expirience to back it up. Or again, I can just use your argument. Gil has no idea what to use from his Gate to counter coatl.

What would she do with her authority? She has two left. Not the immunity against good alignment but resistance and the ability to give skills to servants and none servants. Meaning she could also just buff her divine beast. Making it a 2v1.

And again, you basically disregard the whole concept of Gil by saying you need specific proof of her having the specific skill, as that would Limit Gils gate to only the few confirmed weapons in it. Gate of 10 weapons ? Doesnt sound as dangerous anymore :>

I am starting to doubt that you even know the character you are arguing against. Gil has info analysis by merely looking at things, compounded by his massive intellect.

I mean... is not really a can of worms. She can't. She can't fly except with her mount, though she can jump really high. If she's kicking off his chain, he's even worse than I thought.

Is... simple logic? If Herc can't move, he gets killed, and Illya dies. Herc doesn't want this, he cares for Illya despite being mad, yet he is bound long enough that Illya tries to use a command spell to warp him out, she and Gil exchange banter, and then he goes slash her. Not until the last second he can pull it off. Why... would he not do something he can pull off with his normal level of strength? Simple, he can't, he just simply went beyond his limits one time. And indeed, Quetz isn't Herk, Herk is outright stronger physically. Worse, she has more Divinity, so she gets bound much harder than him.

The actual heck you mean? Pfft. Gil can still gather information perfectly on people while suppressing his future sight. He does it all the time in Stay Night, where he jobs the most, even against Shirou. I also don't remember her knowing how he fights, just kinda knowing he's there? The difference is you are saying Quetz would just pull out all these skills willy nilly when we aren't shown her fighting like this, unlike Gil who has outright statements of abusing weaknesses with the stuff he throws (like using the best treasures agaisnt Herc after a single volley to bypass God Hand).

Assuming she can even pull it off before she gets killed, maybe? Though nothing stops Gil from killing the bird too.

I really doubt you are reading anything of what I said. I could argue what someone could do with their power, but I would have to PROVE they would use the power in such a way as well. Scathach has a similar skill but the main skill she uses is Clairvoyance, not spamming every single combat-worthy skill her mana can allow. We actually see Gilgamesh do what I claim, we don't see Quetz do what you claim. Is that clear now or is your only answer still sarcasm?

So basically you ask us to ignore 99% of all fate skills as they are not shown in a medium? You cant make any fights for servants who have not their abilities laid out and shown 1:1 ?

Or we can maybe just take what is written in the MATS, which are made to clearify stuff and explain servant strength and weaknesses.

Are you... actually reading literally a single thing I've been saying? I am not saying Quetz can't do that if she wanted, is that you have to prove that is how she'd fight. What a character can theoretically do and what they actually do is very different. Is the very reason why I am not arguing "Gil simply Vimanas to be on the air, keeps her occupied with weapons and then uses Ea". He totally could, but he doesn't fight like that.

No, the mats specify their abilities. Rarely do they say how they use them. Do you also wanna argue Tamamo uses all her skills even when in story she is reluctant to use most of them due to past traumas? Because they are in the mats?

If the answer to that is yes, then no amount of arguing is gonna change anything. Gil is still Number 1 though.

Yeah I mean Gil could just use SNI and pull Ea to win pretty fast but he basically never will.

Personality and fighting style can be a big factor.

Then we run into a big problem. As again we need to remove a lot of people from the possible list. Do we have actually a moment where Dante just keeps using his speed?

Any feats for servant Arjuna berserker?

And so on and so on. We dont have a lot of servant Coatl to go by and we cant use her goddess form the anime.

Since most of the stronger servants are only shown in the mobile game, we cant really see how the would fight and use abilitys.

I would now argue that the most we can go by is that she has it as one of her usable skills , so she probably uses it. But nothing more. It atleast isnt just a site note in the mats.

So will this list be reduced to only servants with really extended fight scenes of their servant version?

His entire fighting style as far as I've seen in game and inside that comic of the prison tower is more or less him being a speedy boi, so yes.

We do have some clue, there's a lot of dialogue about how the characters fight in the game itself. It is the closest thing to a visual novel among all mobile games that I know exist. Regardless, my point was about stretching disbelief saying she'd combo a bunch of skills, which is what you do when assuming she'd just spam clairvoyance + protection from arrows + monstruous strength, etc. The best I can imagine is her using single skills. Is more or less why I want some of the Servants to appear in proper books or visual novels though, they go into much better detail.

Not really extended fight scenes. I am just saying that claiming she'd use her skills in such specific, hyper efficient ways is not gonna fly. And I still don't see how all of that deals with Enki looking her in place plus shower of weapons in the dozens to hundreds, all of them able to deal lethal damage.

that was not servant Coatl tho. Different powers/ full authority's and so on.

Also she only had half her divinity durring the anime.

But if we would go by it, she would just probably dodge all of Gil's projectiles and punch him really hard. Just like she did with Kingu who is basically Enkidu power wise.

If she sees him as thread maybe open with her sun stone ? It's really hard to say how serious she took Kingu. As she didn't even use Xiuhcoatl when she caught him, which would just make Kingu completely unable to do anything with its NP lockdown.

And now saying a serious Coatl wouldn't use any Np sounds kinda weird in my opinion. Specially since she knows who Gilgamesh is.

In the game after Babylonia she never really does much, I think she threw the bull of heavens away durring a event and stomps a few servants from time to time. But we don't get much from it.

You assume that Enkidu hits again, which as far as we know is very unlikely. Gil does shit once he is in meele. And i agree it's not really proven she would do it, so let's ignore that point then.

Leaves her still with the ability to dodge enkidu ( see anime ) , her passive as Gil is chaotic GOOD, and sun stone which summons solar winds ( you can look up the heat of them ) , Xiuhcoatl which negates Np in it's flames.

Also please show me when he ever uses thousands/ hundreds of weapons. It was in none of the anime

If Gilgamesh goes on distances and doesn't let her get close he dies to Sun stone , if she gets close Xiuhcoatl negates anything Gil has and she Meeles him.

And she summons her mount durring combat as we see in the game. So Gil can't just focus on her alone.

Yes she definitely makes the list, Shiroumasa probably does as well.

They are both S K I L L E D.

Back