• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 verses with most complex/hardest to understand lore

If I had to go with something relatively complex, The Elder Scrolls.

If it was something I knew, probably DC not because of complexity but because of how much material there is

FNAF is a game about ghost children who possess animatronic stage performers of a pizzeria because they're angry and vengeful due to being murdered by a purple guy.

The entire franchise is a timeline of events that start and end with a murderer.

I barely get overheated in any thread, throwing a rant from time to time is not bad at all.

I know my limit.

FNAF shouldn't be on this list because there are way more complex franchises to put on here.

Just to name a few,

Dungeons and Dragons

Doctor Who

SCP

Warhammer 40k

Masadaverse

Elder Scrolls

Twin Peaks

Etc.

The age of a verse contributes to it's complexity to an extent. So, FNAF being a relatively young verse doesn't do it any favours. Plus, FNAF is kinda small scale. MGS is more complex than FNAF and it doesn't even reach into eldrich horror territory.

I don't really think Shinza would exactly be considered to have complicated lore.

I personally vote for Elder Scrolls to be up top. At the very least in the top three.

Real life unironically tbh. It's not like people dedicate their entire careers to studying most of these other verses, and all these verses exist so they count anyways.

Besides that, SCP is huge and obnoxious so that works

Lovecraft's own stuff isn't that bad, though it is numerous. Throwing in things other people wrote however...

Back