• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Swordsmen

Genericstickman said:
I'm shocked nobodies mentioned Gilgamesh yet since he's skilled with multiple types of weapons and swords and has also fought against multiple skilled warriors from different universes
He's also commonly fights multiple characters at the same time

It IS the strongest. Just, in this case "Strong" doesn't equal AP.

More akin to "possessing skills and qualities that create a likelihood of success." ^This definition of strong.

Who's more effective in an actual sword battle with only sword skills at their disposal.

I'm guessing everyone over Khorne beats him in an abilityless swordfight due to Khorne's tendancy to fight fair and not by outskilling him?

I dunno if Yasuo is that notable, he just learned a "legendary" wind technique from a teacher (as opposed to Sasaki, who realized a limited application of the Second Magic through years of solitary training).

These things can't be reliably judged, anyways. Skill is weird.

YungManzi said:
Basically, who is there strongest pure sword wielder.

As in.

Who would win in a stat equal fight without the use of things other than pure skill.
Well then, I hate to say it, but possibly Fiftee. He is skilled, don't get me wrong, but what is notable about him is his perfect combination of skill with time hax. He is probably the most skilled Null we have seen, although we don't know know what Snow is really capable of.

Promestein said:
I dunno if Yasuo is that notable, he just learned a "legendary" wind technique from a teacher (as opposed to Sasaki, who realized a limited application of the Second Magic through years of solitary training).

These things can't be reliably judged, anyways. Skill is weird.
He didnt learn it from a teacher he learned it on his own

@Iapus

Without his timehax I doubt he could beat most people on the list. And this list nerfs characters to the point that Chaos Gods are perfectly reasonable.

The Smashor said:
@Iapus
Without his timehax I doubt he could beat most people on the list. And this list nerfs characters to the point that Chaos Gods are perfectly reasonable.
Oh, we are negating none sword hax? Never mind then

Kojiro and Musashi in Fate.

Their blades clash, their power and skill are equal.

Both swords transcend time and space, yet their existence and concept are the exact opposite.

Ten of thousands, hundreds of millions of "possibilities" exist. Verify them all, crush them all, stop them all. A "finite" sword that strives to reach a single "correct answer". Until there is nothing left, cut everything until only "something" remains. That is Musashi's "zero". A sword that establishes a "conclusion" that not even the gods can escape from.

A sword of infinity that leads to multiplicity. A way to acknowledge "multiple possibilities". An "infinite" sword that gives birth to several "correct answers". That is Kojiro's "Tsubame Gaeshi". A sword that creates a "future" that not even the gods can escape from.

An infinite place. Or perhaps, an empty place. There is no time. There is no space. There is no karma. There is no good or evil. A situation only those two who put their very souls into their blades can reach.

Kojiro: MUSASHI!

Musashi: KOJIRO!

A single hit. Simultaneously, both of them surpass infinity. Both of them would continue to try to kill each other. Over and over, for all of eternity.

This is not the real world, this moment will never be recorded or stopped for anyone. This place lies between the real world and the world of dreams. An impossible place where infinity and zero can intersect. But. But. There is... one more person watching them.

You are here.

You can see it. A miraculous sword fight that is supposed to go on forever, never reaching its conclusion. But at the end of the dream there can only be one winner. Who do you see? Which swordsman is standing alive and smiling? Now, say it

With your own eyes, stare at the conclusion.

I'm not sure I agree that composite human should be on the list. There are fictional swordsmen who should Dwarf the skill of any.

Also, since we are doing this at close range, I am confident that Fifteen could take composite human in a sword fight with stats equalised. All his hax other than resurrection directly tie into his swordsmanship.

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure people like Miyamoto from Baki or the sword saints could take 15 with stats equal and resurrection negated.

Oryx, the Taken King, because his metaphorical (and therefore true) sword is literally all his powers.

not even kidding, btw oryx via cheating when

Also how is Khorne that low when it considers of literally all martial skill that ever can, will, has, cant, is, isn't happening

Oryx actually does pretty well even without cheating. On a phone so don't feel like links rn but

• Willbreaker (sword) doesn't even have to touch people to wound them, to be taken in it's grasp is to be reduced to feeling nothing more but abject pain
  • Billions of years of experience
  • Oryx's sisters are goddesses of war and cunning. He outdid war at war and cunning at cunning, has killed both innumerable times (though he loses too, every death is a learning experience)
  • Has the ability to gain basically anything positive about anyone he killed or Took, this includes skill, given how many people he's killed that is incredible
  • Sword Logic is a thing

FateAlbane said:
That speech low key makes me think Juuzou lost his way from Masadaverse, ending up in UQ Holder entirely by accident.
He kinda did ignore a divine protection.

this thread is an absolute joke

Even with stats equalized, Khorne being anything but #1 is hilarious. You are seriously saying that the literal concept of war and violence can't beat a highschooler who's good, and really good, i will admit, with swords?

Ikki is more skilled than the platonic form of skill because he csn restart his hearr

Wokistan said:
Ikki is more skilled than the platonic form of skill because he csn restart his hearr
Yep ovo.

Also wheres EC SCP-076, I know experience is ignored more often then not but hes basically been using swords constantly since become time existed.

Yep ovo.

Also wheres EC SCP-076, I know experience is ignored more often then not but hes basically been using swords constantly since become time existed.

You know what I'm going to say, don't you.

Still believe Tactimon should be pretty high on this for the reason's I noted above. btw can intellect add onto his skill in combat seeing as for him, it's closely tied.

Back