• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TOKYO REVENGERS DISCUSSION THREAD: TOKYO MANJI GANG 卍

I wanna start reading this pretty soon, are there any prequels, sequels, spin-offs I should be made aware of before reading? If so what order should I read them? Are any of them ongoing, or are they all completed?

I wanna start reading this pretty soon, are there any prequels, sequels, spin-offs I should be made aware of before reading? If so what order should I read them? Are any of them ongoing, or are they all completed?
Nice.

There is one spin-off, namely "Letter from Keisuke Baji", it's a spin-off dedicated to Chifuyu and Baji since they really got popular during S1 apart from Mikey and Draken. And the spin-off isn't completed yet.

You'd probably want to read the main series first. And I recommend watching the S1 anime instead of reading the S1 manga since the art style of the manga at the time isn't that great (they look old and ugly). S2 starts from chapter 74. Apart from S1, I prefer the reading the manga since the drawing is better and the manga has better emotional impact on the readers.

The art style of the manga looks really similar to Tokyo Revengers (I wonder why lmao). The supernatural aspect of the manga looks really cool too. We see the mc, mc's sidekick/henchman and a girl (who will probably be important to the plot) too and their designs all look really cool. I can definitely see insprations from Tokyo Revengers characters in their design as well.

the manga isn't even out yet and people are already hating lol

you guys have it tough
It's popular to hate on any Tokyo Revengers related thing so ppl just follow other ppl I guess lol.

I don't get the hate at all. Hope Wakui gives us some good stuff with the new manga so everyone at least tones down the hating.

Ken Wakui (the author of Tokyo Revengers) is appearently coming back with an another supernatural delinquent manga under Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump magazine soon. Name of the manga will be "Negai no Astro (Wishful Astro)".

Kinda hyped for this ngl.
the manga isn't even out yet and people are already hating lol

you guys have it tough
Chapter 1 is out and it's really good.
Hopefully we would be able to handle the new verse without having to argue for basic things (unlike tr). I have high hopes.

calculated it to Small Building Level off site.
...i mean, idk, but something about yeeting at least like several thousand tons of material several dozen meters to the air seems more impressive than small building level, but i lack foundation to make any sort of meaningful calcs so i'll trust you on that lol

...i mean, idk, but something about yeeting at least like several thousand tons of material several dozen meters to the air seems more impressive than small building level, but i lack foundation to make any sort of meaningful calcs so i'll trust you on that lol
That result surprised me too. I probably used a weird panel to calculate it or something. I'll try it again later.

...you sure this is a good group tho
The thing with Tokyo Revengers, and it seems like the same thing is happening to this new verse too, is that Wakui either knows how to create characters in a way that they are really likeable by fans or that his personal taste coincided with that of the fans'.
This mostly due to their looks and designs and how the theme of strong love and friendship is so prominent in what he wrote.

Tokyo Revengers pretty much revolves around Takemichi crying, being a try-hard and Mikey doing edgy things, these two got the most screen-time and since the manga isn't that long, it resulted in a lot of the characters appearing for a very short time, including the very important characters of the verse.

So, Characters other than Mikey, Takemichi, Draken, Chifuyu and Kisaki are typically not the characters fans would have intense enthusiasm for.

However, characters like Ran and Rindou, when they just came out in the anime, got a lot of people making edits for them, Sanzu when he first seen wasn't even introduced, he was punching random delinquents in the background and it had a lot of people liking him already, I could say this for other characters but I will stop here.

So, I presume the 'simps' aren't that bad for the most part, they are just a reflection of how Wakui writes and designs characters in a manner that they are really likeable by the fans.

The groups I don't like are the shippers who ship characters who are JUST NOT meant to be shipped, for example, really close friends, and the people who obsess over characters' sexuality and tries to assign them to what they want them to be. They're annoying as ****.

Back