• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
Since I am not satisified with the rebukes from answers in the previous thread I figured I would just make it again. (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/982229)

Tier 1 ToAru.

Now, everyone should know by now that Toaru consists of 11 dimensions due to teleporters using it as a go between.

This makes Carissa's All dimensions severing spell High 1-C, as it severs all dimensions being higher or lower. This can only refer to spacial dimensions.

To my knowledge, and to other experienced readers, ToAru is not your typical fictional verse that confuses parralel dimensions or worlds as "dimensions". Dimensions in this series has only ever been refered to in the spatial sense. If anyone has a quote saying otherwise I'd like to see it.

So we have multiple instances of people interacting with higher dimensions, with carissas Curtana original using it as a attack ability.

Now we move to the more interesting quote that I was not aware of until recently.

"Please wait!! He…he really did bend the entire world before my eyes! It was like…like this… It's hard to explain, but the walls, floor, and ceiling all turned into weapons, tunnels appeared in the people in the way, and they all attacked me at once!"

"Have you forgotten?" Othinus sounded almost utterly exasperated. "This is the Dianoid. The entire building is made of carbon materials. That means you don't need control over every phase, every dimension, and every element to manipulate everything around you. A magician with control over carbon and nothing else can pull that one off."

Here Othinus is referring to the power she once had as a true magic god. Now in terms of cosmology there are only phases and dimensions, which has been at the heart of countless arguments for years. Since Othinus already mentioned the phases of the world there is, and I want to emphasize this since it was looked over previously, there is no possible other way to interpret this statement other than as spatial dimensions.

Other evidence that supports the upgrades:

The Magic gods exist outside of the universe, the hidden world. DontTalk wrote this before he left the wiki

a) it is a place in which the concepts of distance and time in general don't matter.

b) "The world was temporarily led to destruction as a result, but I still had to prioritize this. It wasn't easy converting coordinates filled with non-existent numbers into decimal."

-Aleister needed time to calculate the coordinates, even though a middle schooler in to aru can calculate 11 dimensional trajectories in their head.

-every coordinate in common math is made up entirely of existing numbers, no matter the dimensions. That the place has coordinates with non-existent numbers basically shows that a non-existant place really can not be located like a "place" in space and time, even when accounting for higher dimensions.

While in a sense one could think that the terminology "non-existent" makes the fact that it is different than being just outside of a timeline, in a higher dimension, clear, I think in regards to our tiering this is an interesting little detail.

So what this would mean for profiles.

Carissa at least island level, high complex multiversal with all dimensions severing spell.

Aleister. 7b. Varies. Up to High 1-C with Blasting rod

All magic gods, and Aiwass receive High 1-C ap and dura.

And thats all. I think.

I will inform LazyHunter about this thread.

As I mentioned in the previous thread about this (the one LordAizen linked in the OP), I think there's strong evidence of the Magic Gods having 11-D power. As LordAizen mentioned, it is undeniable that Toaru's world has 11 dimensions, and it's a fact those are geometric spatial dimensions (one of the questions I answered in the previous thread). This is common knowledge to any reader of the series thanks to Esper teleporters using the 11th dimension as a shortcut and the existence of Carissa's Curtana Original, which casually makes dimensional cross-sections every time she swings her sword, with humans only being able to perceive the 3-D cross-section result of cutting the fourth dimension.

Magic Gods not only are hilariously stronger than those characters, they can reality warp or destroy this universe. Othinus herself strongly implies that a magic god should have control of every dimension. The True Gremlin magic gods are considered too big of an existence for this 11-D world, and will accidentally destroy it if they barely move a finger, forcing them to live in a phase with non-existent coordinates where the concepts of distance and time have no meaning, and later have to nerf themselves to become an existence that's barely contained by the world so that they can enter it without destroying it.

If the evidence is still not enough, I repeat my assertion that the rule forbidding Toaru upgrades should be changed from 1-A (I still don't understand where this came from) to High 1-C, as that's the highest possible given the evidence in the series so far.

Seems fine. Also, I don't get why we need a rule forbbiding this when this hasn't been brought up nearly enough for one (considering all the evidents the rule should be removed).

LazyHunter said:
If the evidence is still not enough, I repeat my assertion that the rule forbidding Toaru upgrades should be changed from 1-A (I still don't understand where this came from) to High 1-C, as that's the highest possible given the evidence in the series so far.
Does it really matter ?

Well, if both LordAizenSama and LazyHunter agree, I suppose that the upgrades seem acceptable.

To make matter simpler, which profiles need to be unlocked, and what should their statistics be changed to?

Also, can somebody quote the rule text that needs to be updated?

If this is accepted the rule needs to be removed as it forbades upgrading them to High 1-C which I have no idea why it is there in the first place considering the evidence here.

Antvasima said:
Also, can somebody quote the rule text that needs to be updated?
  • Please avoid trying to upgrade To Aru characters to Tier 1-A or above, as this is also highly contradicted by other parts of this work of fiction.

Yeah we need to remove that rule. Im not sure why or any possible reason why it existed in the first place.

Given the subject, shouldn't we wait for a day or so to give more people the chance to notice and comment on this? I remember Matthew being against this upgrade so shouldn't we give people who might be against it the chance to make their argument?

Aleister and Aiwass pages need to be updated anyway

Please avoid trying to upgrade To Aru characters to Tier 1-A or above, as this is also highly contradicted by other parts of this work of fiction.

If the rule is only about upgrading them to 1-A and above, why does it need to be updated?

^Well nothing in the series suggest 1-A feat, highest you go is High 1-C for now

Still i see nothing wrong with the rule

Probably, yes, but it is usually best to wait a bit, and not rush into anything.

Question, would this also give those that are capable of manipulation of phases and other higher dimensions Higher Dimensional Manipulation?

Probably Yes Othinus mentioned that Magic gods can control every dimension

>have you forgotten?" Othinus sounded almost utterly exasperated. "This is the Dianoid. The entire building is made of carbon materials. That means you don't need control over every phase, every dimension, and every element to manipulate everything around you.

Would you be willing to handle the edits, LazyHunter?

@Antvasima

Sure. I can use the chance to add recent stuff for Aiwass and Aleister. Though we recently talked in the series' thread about how Aiwass probably needs to be separated in two keys given recent evidence of his powers.

@LordAizenSama

The High 1-C would only be for Aiwass' full power key, right?

Oh.

Magic Gods should have conceptual manipulation too. Also, Othinus is explicitly listed manipulating causality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back