• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index General Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of making Mark Space's page. Would scaling his normal spells to Stiyl and Oriana be fine, considering he's Leivinia's right hand man? And would lifting the Blue Research be a good feat or should we put his Telesma summoning as at least the next tier from being far stronger than his normal spells? (so if we scale him to Stiyl, "at least City Block level")

Didn't read teh Marc space SS yet, but I took a look at the blue research lifting feat.

Well, the size of blue research is impressive. 500 meters long tankers are longer than the longest tanker in existence it seems. The Batillus was the longest tanker for which I could find the weight, though its almost 100 meter too short.

It weights 663000 tons. Since he described it as 3 of those the total weight would be impressive 1989000 tons. That would be Class G in terms of lifting strength to the spell.

Now if I understood it correctly Mark the basically used the spell to throw the blue research over a 500 meter wide cliff. Is that right? In that case that does give impressive results I think. I would write a blog for the AP part if I understoof that right.

Not exactly. I don't think it would actually count as lifting strength due to the circumstances of the feat. I'll try to explain: Mark Space uses all his mid-combat prep to summon a mass of Telesma from the Archangel Uriel. Narration makes it pretty clear this is very superior to his normal magic and beyond what normal magicians can accomplish.

"That's just the thing." Mark must not have had the strength to stand up because he shook his head where he was. "I do not need to be faster than you for each individual attack." Mark paused for a second. "After all, when I am using a single powerful attack, I merely need to use it once."

By the time Wyss felt a chill run down her spine, it was too late.

The world's largest marine resources survey ship, the Blue Research, was created from three 500-meter tankers lined up next to each other with countless metal plates connecting them. The entire ship started creaking ominously. A massive amount of power was causing space itself to tremble.

[...]

"Its elemental color is yellow. Its directional location is the front. And most importantly, it is the one who rules over wind and air," Mark chanted.

He slowly lifted his head while still collapsed on the ground and spoke as if calling out to a friend.

"Hey, glorious archangel. How are you doing?"

The summoning of an angel.

Naturally, he was not dragging down an angel in its entirety. That was not something that could be done by a mere magician.

Mark Space was only calling in a mass of Telesma.

Most likely, what was categorized as an angel among Golden-style cabals was nothing more than a small fraction of their power.

However, whether it was only a tenth or even a hundredth of their power, it was more than enough to do away with a magician or two.

(Sorry.)

Mark recalled the conversation he and Patricia had had.

He recalled the handheld game she had been playing.

(My poor skills are not enough to display any details like the armor of this wind angel.)

It might have been possible if one used all 22 cards of the major arcana, but Mark was not as skilled as Birdway. And what he had was more than enough to defeat Wyss Winered.

With this he easily defeats Wyss Winered, who had him against the ropes due to only being slightly weaker than him but being able to fire off spells much faster. He still has Telesma stored in his cards. The Blue Research is attacked by a plane using devices to create a down wave:

It showed a giant pit with a diameter of 500 meters and a depth of around 70 meters.

Patricia had called it a waterspout. It must have been something similar to when a washing machine agitated the water around. As was evident when one stuck a hand in a bucket of water and spun it around, the center of a whirlpool created a pit.

And this giant "down wave" was approaching the Blue Research at tremendous speed. On its current route, the ship would surely be swallowed up.

Mark realizes that by lifting the Blue Research slightly they'll pass over the down wave. But he can't simply lift it using wind, it's far too heavy for that.

An ocean cliff 500 meters across and 70 meters deep approached. If it reached them, even the world's largest marine resources survey ship would be smashed to pieces. As long as the ship was something that floated in the water, it had no way of fighting against the ocean surface itself falling away.

(I can only use the element of wind and air. I cannot directly manipulate the water, so I cannot destroy the ocean cliff or change its path.)

There was still hope left.

The ocean cliff damaged sailing vessels that floated on the ocean surface. In other words, it had no means of sinking something that floated in the air. If he could cause the Blue Research to float a few centimeters or even a single millimeter in the air, the ocean cliff would pass below them causing no damage. But…

(No, even if I can manipulate the wind and air, I cannot lift up such a huge ship like it was a hovercraft. This is not a problem that can be solved by just charging in at it.)

So he solves the situation another way:

"A down wave suddenly occurred in the Arctic Ocean, but the entire crew of the world's largest marine resources survey ship, the Blue Research, is confirmed to be safe."

The announcer reading the script must have been glad he was reading positive news because a slight hint of pride could be heard in his accurate pronunciation.

"According to the crew, a sudden tsunami lifted the entire Blue Research up temporarily, allowing the 'cliff' of the down wave to pass below them."

[...]

"So a massive amount of bubbles was mixed in with the seawater below the Blue Research to explosively increase the volume of the water. The ship was lifted up with simple explosive force rather than with the buoyancy of the water. I suppose that is a way of manipulating the ocean surface with only the element of wind and air."

A dark aura exploded out from Birdway.

Her displeasure was on full display.

"It seems some idiot called in an idol of an angel to crush a single freelance magician and then secretly lifted the world's largest marine resources survey ship to keep its crew from falling into the down wave. This idiot saved those people despite doing so also interfering with Academy City's plan and destroying the Anglican Church's pride. Hmm."

Hmmm... I still am not quite sure I am imagining it correctly. So what he does is through bubbles he causes a wave that basically lifts the ship up slightly (1 mm or something) above the surface of the ocean and on that wave he makes the ship pass through the cliff (but the ship basically still goes down 70 meters and up again)?

Yes, he caused a tsunami to lift Blue Resarch over the cliff as it passed under them. How much is unspecified, but he did say that he'd only need to lift it slightly to save it from the drop.

Hmm... ok then. I will try to calc that sometime to get a value for that. For now at least City block level seems like a safe estimation.

Something about the magic gods once again:

I just noticed that while we have listed the ability to exist in paces which doesn't exist on aleisters page we didn't on the magic gods. Given the ability is actually quite useful given its description (a place with non coordinates containing non-existing numbers is out reach for a lot of things even when thinking on multiversial scale) I think we should add it to their abilities.

Anyone against it?

It's one of the abilities they all share, like the layered existence they had after Zombie's spell but before Aleister's nerf, so I don't see why not.

Looking at the magic god's pages, I think Othinus' page needs to be fixed a bit. I think it would be useful to add some details to Gungnir's and her crossbow's sections (description of what happens when she uses Gungnir and the abilities her crossbow bolts have). Her ability section should probably be fixed too, shouldn't she have the Causality Manipulation all other magic gods have listed? Her Teleportation/Spatial Manipulation + Matter Manipulation are also missing. Some of her listed powers are just variations of Reality Warping and Probability Manipulation, so there isn't any need to repeat that she has Reality Warping three times. I can go over her page and add what I've listed if someone can unlock the page for me.

As a side-note, shouldn't the other Magic Gods have all her powers except her own unique Einherjar Necromancy/"Controlling living and dead" spell, given they all are Magic Gods and they dwarf her in power? Magic Gods should possess the same "basic" Magic God skills + their unique spells (even if they're irrelevant in their 2-A forms due to Reality Warping being OP enough at that scale to replicate those spells' effects anyway)

In other news, I was already aware that Kamachi only went over how time works in the verse on the PSP fighting game (non-canon), but the crossover with Virtual On apparently involves parallel worlds according to some spoilers. I really wish he would be more clear about this stuff in the main novels.

Somthing about othinus this thread made me aware of.

Why do the magic gods have High Regenerationn again?

I would think mid makes sense (can restore her body as long as she isn't instantly dead basically), but is there a high feat?

Edit: @LazyHunter: When I go through the pages of the rest of the magic gods for adding the non-existance thing I will add the techniques othinus had, which you mentioned, to their pages.

Her only Regenerationn feat is the one from NT9, from when she regenerated from the exact same damage Touma received (Heart destroyed, blown to pieces ony leaving his head, shoulders and arms), so I don't know where it comes from. Maybe from her comment in NT10's Epilogue?

"First, I had yet to put in the eye and was thus essentially a magic god and not a human. Second, you destroyed the fairy spell with Imagine Breaker before I fired the final crossbow shot, so I was not completely destroyed. Third, having her body crumble was not enough to kill a magic god."

In fact, the problem for Othinus is not that she regenerated from pieces (that were basically described as particles of light), is that at that moment she didn't have power, so it doesn't make sense her body did that without her will being the one to cause it.

The idea of a human gathering together again after being smashed to pieces sounded like complete nonsense, but he could not question it further when he was talking about a magic god. If Othinus said that was how it worked, he could only accept it.

In fact, he himself had seen it happen before.

In that infinite hell, she had hidden the final crossbow shot behind herself and pulverized her own body along with his, but her body had soon regenerated as if nothing had happened.

(But would my body "automatically" re-form with no intervention from my will? I still have my questions about that.)

So while the feat is Mid I think there's evidence for High, or likely High Regen (Regenerationn in the "Low-High, Mid-High and High" section, not necessarily High) . Also, I'm done with the page, so it can be re-locked.

Hmm... yes, the possibility for higher things is definitely there.

I will go for "Regenerationn (Mid, possibly up to High)" then and add the quote to her feats.

So kamachi decided to do a swimsuit setting in the midst of winter.

Maybe he got bored with the winter theme or wants to wait with the good winter parts until a certain magical christmas story? Who knows...

It's been a long time since he did a swimsuit scene in the novels, not to mention the Beatrice LN Vol 2 was just released and it also had swimsuits, so he might just be in that mood. Sometimes you can tell what novels he was writing together due to stuff like this apearing in multiple series. For example, he was likely writing NT15 at the same time as the SS for the Heavy Object BRs and DVDs, since both have a female serial killer as the main girl of the volume.

Random thought of the day: Would IB negate the superhuman physical characteristic of a saint on touch?

I am not sure if touma was ever able to do so much as touch a saint in a fight and... it could make sense.

I'm not sure. He negates passive powers like Accelerator's, but since IB wasn't a problem to Kanzaki when he was grabbing into her as they fell towards the ground in NT10 nor it has been suggested as an option to dealing with Saints, I think that IB wouldn't negate them.

i thought of that long ago after seeing gunah fight against level 6 mikoto seeing that his legs above her , making me wonder how will gunah do in comparison to kakine ?

Depends which Kakine, since he hasn't shown anything that could put down Kakine after his revival...though to be fair, not many characters in the verse are capable of that.

Also, the new spoilers for the Toaru x Virtual On crossover make it look like a pretty good novel. And of course Kamachi would put something so overpowered in a non-canon crossover.

^ Ah that remain in the crossover that combined all of kamachi works they said that white queen is far above othinus which is very impressive since i don't know shit about the series xD

Erm shouldn't the God tiers of the verse be at High Complex Multiversal considering the verse is 11D and has characters that can bust it?

ZeoParadox said:
Erm shouldn't the God tiers of the verse be at High Complex Multiversal considering the verse is 11D and has characters that can bust it?
It's been brought up before but the magic gods weren't shown to be at the level of busting all of the dimensions, just an infinite amount of universes.

It's been brought up before but the magic gods weren't shown to be at the level of busting all of the dimensions, just an infinite amount of universes.

Okay.

ZERO7772 said:
^ Ah that remain in the crossover that combined all of kamachi works they said that white queen is far above othinus which is very impressive since i don't know shit about the series xD
  • Sudden urge to read the crossover

NotEvenHuman said:
ZERO7772 said:
  • Sudden urge to read the crossover

IIRC that was actually not said. What was said is that the white queen is above the gods. But that probably doesn't refer to othinus, but either to the gods in the Blood Sign verse or Waltrautes gods (since the crossover took place in waltraute verse), which are only continent level.

Oh, i see. The White Queen being above Othinus does sound a bit unlikely.

Still reading the crossover, though. Might as well, since now i know that Kyousuke and the White Queen are in it.

Yeah, as mentioned by DontTalk that appears to be a fake spoiler or a confusion regarding her line about being above the Unexplored-class who's above the gods. That appears to be a common description of her in her own series (where it's true she's the strongest being around), and in that instance she was referring to TÛr's power, and he's likely Island level. No reason to believe she meant Othinus.

Unfortunately, Kyousuke and the White Queen only show up in the crossover for a bit towards the end.

I just took a look at the To Aru category page. Do we actually have 162 character/weapon profiles?

wow (o_o)

funny you mention that, I was just looking at the To Aru page the other day and seriously wondered if it had the most pages for a verse

Thanks. 164 and counting, decided to do the Hound Dogs page since they were already a few pages for Magic Side mooks (Amakusa, Knights of England and Artificial Valkyries)

LordAizenSama said:
funny you mention that, I was just looking at the To Aru page the other day and seriously wondered if it had the most pages for a verse
I think Toaru and Nasuverse have the most profiles.

Ok, I looked at the category statistics. Here a few facts:

1. We have more characters that can fly than we have female characters

2. On 462 verses come 1692 protagonists, 954 primary protagonists and 1807 antagonists

3. To Aru is not quite the verse with the most profiles:

(I don't count disney as verse; I try to subtract the verse pages and only count pages not blogs)

1. place takes Marvel Comics with 183 (at least without splitting it up on possible medias, since it technically is the category for the company; not sure if all of them are in the same canon verse)
  2. place takes Digimon with 176 pages
  3. place takes Dc comics with 174 pages (possibly split up in several verses as well, not sure)
  4. place is To Aru Majutsu no Index with 164 profiles, which makes it the verse with the most characters from a single writer and without different continuities
  5. place takes Final Fantasy with 137 profiles (here also not sure if all are supposed to be in teh same verse).
  6. place takes the Nasuverse with 134 profiles.
  7. place takes League of Legends with 132 profiles.
  8. place takes Saint Seiya with 130 profiles.
  9. place takes dragonball with 121 profiles.
  10. place is a tie between bleach and Fairy tail with both 102 profiles.

Applause to LazyHunter since the majority of the to aru pages are on him.

Source for stats

That's interesting. I for sure thought Nasuverse had the most with all of those different versions of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back