• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 6

Malox

I was replying to Zero7772. I didn't see your message. The girls are pretty much jobbers but then so are the boys which in a way makes them even more scarier.

How are the boys jobbers? Accel wins 90% of time and Gunha only lost to Ollerus iirc.

The only jobber is Kakine.

IMO Misaka is a good balance for level 5 without getting into bullshit territory like Accel, Kaine and Gunha.

ZERO7772 said:
How are the boys jobbers? Accel wins 90% of time and Gunha only lost to Ollerus iirc.
Accelerator wins all his fights when he's not jobbing to mental hysterics.

ZERO7772 said:
Accelerator goes by the original meaning of what a jobber actually is which is someone who holds back on purpose. I mean there have been many fights lately where the outcome has ended in a statemate, one of which wasn't actually a stalemate but a win for Accel, or the fight being unfinished.

Also I'm not entirely sure you can call Kakine a jobber when the people who he's lost against are above him in poiwer, one being Accelerator and one being a magic God. He has never lost to anyone weaker then him though.

@Scrlk666777 To be fair Accel get this treatment because he's a main character despite being ridiculously overpowered so the author always nerf him one way or another to keep some intense into the fights.

Kaine messed up in NT6 but fair point.

@Zero7772

True. I mean even Kamachi has said, iirc, that he doesn;t like using Accel in certain situations because he can just deal with the situation himself, which is something that Kamachi doesn't want. I think that is why Accel has also fought more magic side characters ever since OT because they give him more of a challenge.

Yeah, he made him fight magic gods in NT22 but then we had that old hag give him run for his money in NTR22 which many fans didn't like. Accel is just too strong at this point.

It's sorta the same effect with Goku these days in DBS. 99% of the cast in DBS are worthless to him, so anytime we see some random dude pop up and give him a run for his money, we find it hard to believe.

She didn;t give him a run for his money though. He was literally holding back the entire fight and there was two clear times it was said he could have easily finished her off from the very beginning but that would have completely been a bad idea on Accel's part and would have taken away the meaning of his scenes with Elizard.

He was clearly having issues getting around Curtana hax tbh. Yeah he could have blitzed and one-shotted her into oblivion if he went 100% from the get go but Accel doesn't do that often.

He wasn't having any issues dealing with Curtana. Where did you get that from? In fact it's even said how impressive it was that he was taklng on Curtana without it even scratching him. Curtana couldn't get passed reflection at all.

Elizard had a theory that if she could find Accel's blindspots then the debris could get through those blind spots espeically if they open up big enough. But Accel didn't wait to test that theory and pulled out the phone. But at no time did he have any trouble though.

But just to clarify

Who was more frightening here? Elizard for continually parrying Accelerator's attacks that came with his reflection that could kill at a touch, or Accelerator for facing Curtana Second's omnidimensional slicing without even taking a scratch?

I mean does this quote suggest that he had any trouble?

Accel would die if he get hit by Curtana anyway so him avoiding getting a "scracth" if part of the course. Although this is weird I recall him having some trobles.

I will re-check the fight.

Curtana can't bypass reflection. This is clear in the quote above as it's made clear he was using reflection against Elizard.

It looks like the Kakine manga is going to have more chapters, whether it's going to be a long running series or a mini series is yet to be seen. An issue that the manga might have though is finding a realistic threat for Kakine to counter. Accelerator doesn't meet him until battle royale so he's out unless they do a retcon. Aleister is out as we know Kakine has never met him and him doing so would also be a retcon.

Right now the only threats could be the Kiharas'.

For those who haven't read the Kakine manga, Kakine seems to be able to use his darkmatter to disintergrate matter like hes shown post revival. Also possibly resistance to power nullification. Would like opinions on the latter.

I've already done a CTR covering the former Thread:3427457

The latter though I don't think so. He's not shown any resistence of someone being able to nullify his power, at least not what I can see anyway.

I don't think that's really enough imo. It might only work on normal energies and energies that exist in the universe or his power may not work on espers on a higher level.

Kakine's dark matter isn't just made up of 25,000 energies, which I'm sure is way more than actually exist in real life. I might be wrong on that though, but it's also made up for other things like as well.

What the DA guy did is similar to windowless building, it works only for impact damage/kinetic damage

not power null

I also disagree. The DA member said his armor is specially made of composite metal and shock absorbing gel to weaken and negate attacks. There's no power nullification in play, it's just that his armor resists normal types of attacks. Although the materials seem to indicate being designed for kinetic energy (which is the kind of attack he tanked from Kakine), let's be generous and assume his claim of the armor stopping any kind of energy is true and he can stop heat, electricity and other types of attacks regular espers are likely going to use. This would obviously mean very little to Kakine's ability to disregard the laws of physics and make up new forms of energy, as Scrlk666777 said.

Qliphah implemented abyss knowledge and clonoth to boost accel calculation that why in the end accel can defeated nepht. But before that, accel can deflect against coronzon most powerful attack, Magick Flaming sword even before qliphah boost his calculation with abyss or clonoth. Why accel reflection can defend against such powerful attack that said comparable to gungnir? And does accel reflection have limit without abusing his reflection like kakine did? Thank you

It does not have a limit, no.

That IS a good question, but I believe it's because Qliphah knew everything there was to know about Coronzon since they were essentionally linked at one point so it's likely she had warned and gave Accel some prior knowledge on the properties and formula that came into dragging down attacks from the tree. After all, the only reason Coronzon got away from that fight was she was doing stuff he was not familiar with (redirecting vectors) and allowed himself to take his own vectors back into himself. It's likely that fight would've just stalemated. So I guess to put it simply, Qliphah supplied him with knowledge before hand most likely since they /did/ discuss about Coronzon at the end of NT21.

It wasn't really because of the calculation boost of why he was able to defeat Neph but rather his new found knowledge of magic, which should actually be greater than Neph's knowledge since he required something that she didn't, abyss knowledge. It's also because he's now beyond Aeons, so he was able to negate her Regenerationn.

Accelerator's power doens't neccesarily need a calculation boost, just a knowledge boost. The reason why he was able to reflect Coronzon's most powerful attack was because he gained the knowledge to do so by Qliphah.

What do you mean limits? Do you mean what can bypass his reflection?

What i mean by limit is maybe there is a limit that can be reflected by his reflection. Maybe a powerful attack like planet buster attack can breakthrough his reflection or something like that

@Scrlk666777i would not say he has greater knowledge than neph he just had more important info, neph knows much more than him for general magic (like someone capable of doing complex equation but doesn't know much about basic ones)

@Reyzakurrota

no his reflection field should be infinite as it does not care about magnitude, but since there are some people that don't understand physic we go by feat and it's capped at H1C as it's the most powerful attack he reflected

but if u destroy the planet generally u kill accel as he still needs to breath

@Malox

I meant to put "in a way". Of course Neph has more knowledge when it comes to general magic but Accelerator should have more superior knowledge in understanding the laws of the universe and possibly how the universe itself works, as well as insight into a person's soul.

Because you can't have High 1-A Vector field because that'd look absurd. It is infinite like Malox said so we cap it to the highest energy he has reflected which was High 1-C. Even though it's infinite.

Realistically speaking any 5b attacks would kill accel as the explosion would destroy the planet, but 90% of the AP in the site doesn't work that way

Back