• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 6

I'm thinking of making a CRT for Hokaze, given there's some new feats/statements and applications of her power in Railgun SS3 C7 and we never did the upgrades from the new Astral Buddy chapters.

I was thinking of giveng her two keys, one Base and another Full Power. It's possible she might get a third key for her Full Power + Astral Buddy support that she is using against Gunha, but we still don't have feats for that so let's omit it for now.

Her AP should be at least Wall level, given her manga feats of accidentally cracking walls by leaning on them too hard or breaking a testing machine that should be capable of tanking an impact from a large semi truck as a kid, slamming a water tank through a roof and the statements of her being capable of pulverizing normal humans if she punches them for real. Ch.7 of Railgun SS3 also mentions she can strip a concrete wall with her grip strength. Hurting Gunha is, IMO, not grounds for scaling right now given how he has been hurt by regular delinquents and we don't know how serious he is right now.

Her Durability should be the same, given she can trade blows with Arei Houjo and she didn't had her throat simply crushed by Acid in Ch.7 of Railgun SS3, who can match and overpower her Base form in strength.

Speed should be Subsonic with Supersonic reactions/combat Speed, given she can match Arei Houjo, dodge Gunha's attacks and apparently dodge bullets in SS3 C7.

Lifting Strength should be Class 1, she can lift and throw steel beams in her fight with Iruka Yumiya and Ch.7 of Railgun SS3 mentions a couple times she can bench press more than a ton, as seen above in the AP section.

Full Power should be higher given how she dealt with Arei.

She needs Regenerationn (At least Mid-Low) since she has high-speed Regenerationn that can heal small cuts and burns so quickly people (even her) had issues telling if she was wounded, as seen by the flashback and her healing her skin faster than Iruka's small lasers could burn it.

She also needs Body Control, because her ability to boost/control her body at the cellular level also applies to things like cutting off her cutaneous respiration and possibly cutting off her hearing and reducing her oxygen consumption. (Railgun SS3 C7)

Thoughts, additions?

Just a question here, and it's kinda important. Does Kamijou Touma have anything to suggest Non-Physical Interaction? Cause Non-Corporeal beings are technically supernatural.

LazyHunter said:
I haven't read SS3 yet, so no comment on those parts. From a manga perspective this seems fine.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this but if these spoilers are true, you guys got a whooooooooooooooole mess of reworking coming up...good'ol Kamachi.

You can post spoilers as long as you label them as such and use spoiler tags.

So I was going to add a stamina feat to Touma's page when I noticed he has the Fiction, Creation and Order Users categories. Did I miss something?

Those nitrogen weapon is one of good weapon in toaru verse. Not only have nitrogen blade that can slice entire building it has defend mechanism that can freeze even a bullet. Even has hidden function that can suffocating someone by removing oxygen arround. It will be dangerous weapon

Seems like we will need to at least add 2 new key for touma (maybe 3 or 4)

and as expected it has been confirmed that magicians have anti mind control system and at the very least it shut down their brain if they can't oppose the control (generally cause its form a different set of power than magic)

Again i said maybe, for now only 2 key are needed (asshole touma and dragon), but it might be possible that IT plays a role here (so another key) and at the end of the volume he might be different from nt (the volume is called rebirth, maybe the 2 side merge again gaining something new)

SchroKatze said:
A key for IT/Dragpn is enough.
it's not that simple, the new touma is not IT is just a version of him and if we go by some "autistic" heroes that actually read some book from aleister and the Rose order says, the pink and green coloration has meaning and same is for the gold and blue as they serve to represent idealism and spiritualism

the best way I see how we can do this is to separate Touma maybe 4 keys. 1st the one already has (pre rebirth), 2nd Tuxedo Touma, because he probably don't has IT (this one can probably be mixed with the previous if Tuxedo has IT), 3rd Hoodie Touma and a 4th if both Toumas fuse to create a new one (post rebirth).

I finished NTR22. Neat volume, although the battles in chapter 4 that weren't Touma vs Touma could have longer. I know it's his volume, but I would have enjoyed seeing Accelerator and Holegres back-to-back fighting Necessarius magicians or more Fortune vs Kanzaki. Oh well.

Didn't expect the Mimosa to appear again, though.

Tho Curtana got some buffs. Its now confirmed to slice through phases/realiy to the point of being able to affect true Aiwass in the base world with a slash. Also, Elizzard isn't going to scale to Accel, since he was holding back and not trying to kill her.

Whose handling the CRT this time around? Destiny did a pretty good job last time but he doesn't seem to be active.

Does Curtana now scale to Aiwass? Of course if Curtana the second scales to Aiwass then of course curtana the first does as well. I don't know if that would be High 1-C or his lower tier ranking. Also since Accel basically tanked the curtana attack, although he did get hurt, can his durability in platinum winged form, without reflection, also be scaled to Aiwass and Curtana?

On Touma personally I only think two, possibly three keys are needed. IB, Dragon form and possibly the one who purifies gods and slays demons, but I'm a bit unsure about the last one. I don't think tux Touma needs his own key though since he's basically a Manifestation of Touma himself.

Scrlk666777 said:
Curatana is all hax, so it scales to nobody and nobody scales to it.

I'm fine with dragon form, though I'm not sure if its worth also doing a key/profile for the one who purifies god and slays demons at this point, as I have the feeling that we know a fraction of what that is actually about.

That aside to list the changes that spontaneously come to mind:

• All magicians get useless mind manip resistance
  • A.A.A.'s probably scale to Index and vise versa
  • Accel gets more tech (and platinum wings have shown even better magic control, I think)

The funeral spell is only for non magic related mind control, for magical mind control they do have it (one of the many reasons why the peopel clearing field does nothing to them)

and yea IT is too much of an unknown to fully do, just make a page/key for fake touma and dragon touma

Where's it said that all magicians have normal resistance against magical mind control?

Fake Touma is the one who purifies god and slays demons, going by what Miss Sprengel said in the Ending.

(Personally I suspect that having IB might restricted possible other abilities, but who knows)

I'm busy until Thursday (due to exams), so if you want to start earlier someone else should do the summary and quotes gathering.

Malox1696 said:
the people clearing field that they are immune to it
Wouldn't equate that to general mind resistance. Probably more a countermeasure against that in particular, seeing as its a low level ability used by everyone.

Or just the fact that clearing fields are not all that strong, which means that due to the fact that magicians can detect them their interference isn't enough to keep them out.

Elizard's Curtana Second gets the All Dimensions Severing Spell and she gets the generic magic beam she tried to use against "Touma" when she woke up.

Accelerator gets the clarification that distorted reflections caused by strange magic are not an issue when he's using Clonoth. He and Aleister both get the various orbital weapons he used against Elizard. At this point we could just make a weapon profile for the phone.

Touma gets the dragon key.

Mostly useless mind resistance in 1v1 fights for magicians in general.

I wouldn't personally scale the A.A.A to Index, given that I do not believe all her spells are as strong as her Dragon's Breath, but I don't particularly mind if other people do want to scale them. She also gets Flight.

I agree about the AAA scaling to Index. Index's High 6-C is her dragon breath which she didn't use on Mikoto so I think Index having at least 8-B with most spells, High 6-C with dragon's breath makes more sense.

Btw, i want to propose some changes to some characters, at least 6, should i wait for the NTR CRT or make my own thread?

Back