• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 6

Hey hey hey guys, one question, is it okay if I add Accy's matches back to profiles of guys on his win/loss/incon section? I know he's now 5-B but it doesn't matter because he never uses his stronger abilities in character (in that key, of course

I think the difference in tiers prevents the matches from being validated. It seems to be an issue of the rulebook than it is power-wise. Your point is valid tho. Pre-Headshot jobs a lot.

EDIT: Or not. But it's still based off the rules.

There is question that still bothering me, what if accel against telekinetic user that can blow up an opponent with his telekinetic. Does accel reflection will prevent this attack or not? Thank you

Reyzakurrota said:
There is question that still bothering me, what if accel against telekinetic user that can blow up an opponent with his telekinetic. Does accel reflection will prevent this attack or not? Thank you
Yes. He can regulate his vectors from inside himself as well.He'll just disperse the energy.

Wait, if Accelerator is 5B now, shouldn't people like Fiamma, Kansan's and Gabriel be 5B as well for either scaling above, or around his his level?

NoTyranno223 said:
Wait, if Accelerator is 5B now, shouldn't people like Fiamma, Kansan's and Gabriel be 5B as well for either scaling above, or around his his level?
No. Fiamma shouldn't even be included in the list anyway, since he never fought or even met Fiamma in the story.

Kazakiri doesn't scale because she never really fought Accelerator. All Accel really did was reflect her attack which was meant for Gabriel. You can't scale Kazakiri's attack to Accelerator's reflection.

Gabriel doesn't scale either due to the mechanics behind the pure telesma being.

None of these scaled to Accelerator or vice versa to begin with anyway. It's why Accelerator was at 7-B while they were at High 6-C or above.

In fact it's very hard to scale anyone to Accelerator due to how his abilties work.

Really? Even though Pre-Headshot is 5B as well, also unlike the others didn't Gabriel literally overpower Accelerator in their fight (which this scales to Fiamma who is above Gabriel).

Gabriel was able to overpower Accelerator, not because he was more powerful per se but because of mechanics behind Gabriel's being and his powers. While Accelerator could reflect some magic, it was still a massive weakness for him at that time, espeically magic such as Gabriel's which was divine in nature.

For example now he would more than likely be able to deal with Gabriel easily because he now completely understands magic, thanks to the Clonoth and Qliphah.

His vectors are still the same but he has now gained the knowledge of being able to deal with beings like Gabriel.

As I said Accelerator is very hard to scale with due to how his powers work. In fact I don't think any characters scales to Accelerator.

Tyranno223 said:
Really? Even though Pre-Headshot is 5B as well, also unlike the others didn't Gabriel literally overpower Accelerator in their fight (which this scales to Fiamma who is above Gabriel).
Gabriel didn't. The only reason he was getting smacked around was he wasn't familiar with Telesma and how it worked, so it slipped past cracks in his field. Accelerator is still a glass canon if he can't brace himself with his own vectors. Like I said, Accelerator uses the vectors available to him but he's not always tossing out Planetary kicks or anything. It varies, and Gabriel out-ranged him in the first place.

I'm rereading the Railgun manga right now, and I noticed something I had overlooked. In chapter 47 when Uiharu is reading stuff in the urban legends site, one of the legends is the Disciplinary Guides, which come from the Railgun PSP game. So should we move that and therefore Mio Aizono from the non-canon category to canon?

You're completely forgetting the part were Accelerator entered WW3 proper by attacking Kanzakiri (and Gabriel) head on while aiming to kill and only managed launched her back without doing much damage. Pretty sure that's proof they're comparable.

I found the quote for that btw

"Gathering the vectors, Accelerator launched a merciless strike straight at the chest of the glasses-wearing angel. The sound vanished. The seemingly weightless flying angel was knocked back 300 meters. Like a crashing airplane, the monster rolled spectacularly across the ground, knocking away everything in her path. The reason Accelerator attacked her first was very simple. His powers worked on this angel, not so much on the other angel. Logically he should try to take out the more difficult opponent first. For this, he would have to incapacitate the easier opponent first to fully concentrate on the harder one. "You?!" The glasses wearing angel, using powers that Accelerator could understand, spoke. She spoke in Japanese, without the distortions Aiwass had. "You controlled the wings formed by congregated AIM diffusion fields?" "Hmph, I'm surprised a monster like you has the capacity to think and ask questions." Accelerator unzipped his jacket, and took out the lamb-skin parchment, waving it at the AIM angel. "You were attracted here by this thing right?"

Thinking about it, I probably should have made a content revision instead of posting in the discussion thread but oh well.

@Tyranno

And? What does this quote prove that we haven't already gone over already? This is the only attack Accelerator launched against her. This doesn't scale her to Accelerator either.

It also doesn't matter if you make a CRT or discussed it here, the outcome would still be the same, with the same answer in that neither Kazakiri or Gabriel or even Fiamma scale to Accelerator.

If you want to make a CRT go ahead though.

Look if Accelerator was so much higher than and Kanzakiri, then he would have obliterated her or at least done significant damage, especially considering that's what he was intending to do. Furthermore, this isn't the only line we're Accelerator is directly compared to the Angels, as Fiamma outright states even a 1/2 power imperfect Gabriel is strong enough to win, with the explosion from said form of Gabriel even being stated to be too "enormous" to reflect.

Tyranno223 said:
Look if Accelerator was so much higher than and Kanzakiri, then he would have obliterated her or at least done significant damage, especially considering that's what he was intending to do. Furthermore, this isn't the only line we're Accelerator is directly compared to the Angels, as Fiamma outright states even a 1/2 power imperfect Gabriel is strong enough to win, with the explosion from said form of Gabriel even being stated to be too "enormous" to reflect.
Accel's output VARIES. He's not always kicking people with planet busting energy because Vectors don't have a set limit and he's reliant on what is there. He can't prioritize what isn't there.. He was grabbing the energy between their clash and used it against them.

Tyranno223 said:
It doesn't work like that with Accelerator as Accelerate420 pointed out.

And no, again the reason Accelerator struggled against Gabriel was because of the fact Accelerator, still at that point struggled with magic and Gabriel's make-up was beyond his understanding at that point.

Accelerator's reflection doesn't have a limit, there's no such thing as something being too "enormous" for his reflection. Of course we limit it to High 1-C on here but techically it doesn't have a true limit.

Again the reason he would have struggled against Gabriel's attack was not because of the sheer power of it but again because of the make-up and mechanics behind the attack.

For example if that was normal energy but has the same sheer power Accelerator would have easily reflected it but add the unusual properties of magic and the divine nature of Gabriel's magic he suddenly has difficulity reflecting it.

It's all about what Accelerator does and doesn't understand.

I guess I'll drop this issue for now, but it kinda sounds like Accelerator's Tier should at least be more like "varies upto At least 5B" rather than just 5B, otherwise you get it dosen't make much sense.

It doesn't vary up to 5-B. It varies in general. We only have 5-B as a limit point because that's the highest tier he has fought against with Coronzon and Neph so far so it's limited to that.

That's true but of course that leads to a lot of mismatch battles lol. I think we did put it as High 1-C at one point and as proven we got a battle which was a complete mismatch.

I wish emoticons were postable in here to show sarcasm. But yeah, mismatches are a bitch. Also if it's strictly varied we might get auto-stomps in accel's favor possibly as well.

Tbh all Accelerator battles depend on if another character can bypass his reflection. If the answer is yes, 9 out of 10 times Accelerator loses anyway even if the character only has let's say 8-C AP and if the answer is no, it's usually a stomp in Accelerator's favour anyway unless the character is immortal.

I think this is one of the major reasons why Accelerator battles are so hard, at least to find an equal battle. In fact when it comes to Accelerator battles most of the discussion always comes down to his reflection and what can or cannot bypass it.

(Reading through Enochian magic mechanics) ... Looks complicated as heck. Its like playing Yu-Gi-Oh

And I thought humans can't understand Angelic language? Then how did Enoch wrote Enochian magic in the first place?

I don't know anything about Enoch compared to the Kabbalah of the Golden Dawn which I'm still reading through, but I assume it's:

A: The Aeon is changing

B: Certain text is still understandable. Coronzon spoke her true name and that had the same affect as Angel speak in a sense where it was incomprehensible.

C: Aiwass no longer has speech problems, likely due to the shifting of Aeons as well.

@Accel420 Enoch lived in Aeon of Isis or Osiris tho. And he understand the language.

Kinda weird since Cain is said to be father of Vampires (Demonic beings?).

(though, I'm not really seeing anything impressive from Enochian magic despite its of Aeon of Horus)

Maybe Adam teaches his kids angelic language?

But there's one backstory of angels teaches humans to make humans from clay (like God did), but because humans can't understand the language, humans ended up creating golems instead, imperfect imitations.

Also, its interesting backstory that Jesus sacrificed himself because Tree was assaulted by unknown force. I wonder what that is.

Kakine can create holistic esper. Holistic esper crushes galaxies to make their power works.

By this logic, won't Kakine be , uh, Tier 4 or 3-C , indirectly?

Key : 4-B with Astro In Hand

(damned angels and their tendency to cause cosmic disasters just to power their tiny attacks ovo )

No because Kakine creating a holistic esper isn't exactly true in the first place and why would it make him Tier 4 or 3-C? That makes no sense.

Back